JANUARY 2016 Car (and Minivan) Rental Code/Rates Thread

Looks like that DEK30 is going up. I got Jan 29th to Feb 11th in a Premium car for $341.46 taxes and fees included... Checked today and its up to $597.44.

Looks like that DEK30 is going up. I got Jan 29th to Feb 11th in a Premium car for $341.46 taxes and fees included... Checked today and its up to $597.44.

Yep, looks like all Dollar rates went through the roof .
Its only a few weeks before January , so rates will inevitably go up .

Just got a minivan for 10 days in early January through Enterprise for $272 after all fees and taxes. Additional driver, if a spouse, is free. Used code ENBKDR5 (15% off a weekly rental). Hope this helps.

Just got a minivan for 10 days in early January through Enterprise for $272 after all fees and taxes. Additional driver, if a spouse, is free. Used code ENBKDR5 (15% off a weekly rental). Hope this helps.

Thank you Muddy Rivers, I booked for 11 days (week + 4) for 297.03 and it will include spouse. Although it is about $40 more than my Dollar rental it may be worth it to have the second driver.

Any 2016 Alamo coupons? The only one I've found is the $15 entertainment book one.

Thanks Muddy rivers, I also just booked using that code. We only need the van starting Feb.1, but it was going to add $700 + !!! dollars to wait that extra day, so we rented on January 31st instead! The prices for February just skyrocketed out of nowhere yesterday!

I booked through Costco the other day for 1/16 - 1/21 and it was $235 for a minivan and just checked and it is $172 for minivan.

I booked through Costco the other day for 1/16 - 1/21 and it was $235 for a minivan and just checked and it is $172 for minivan.

THANKS! We have a one day rental this Friday/Saturday with Alamo from MCO to FLL thru COSTCO. I was happy with the $51 minivan. I just rebooked for $40. Had to do online check in to skip the counter again but was very happy for the extra money!

OH MY GOODNESS, I just checked Dollar rental and the rates SKYROCKETED!!! I have a reservation from 1/22-2/2 for a minivan for $257 and I just checked and it went up to $2150!!!! Talk about a jump in price.

On the upside, I also checked Enterprise for a minivan and rebooked from $297 down to $289. Still pays to check often.

I'm very happy with our rate this year.
- might be worth checking yours too.

rates are down some today, but still too rich for my blood. ;););)

I can get an economy or mid size SUV using Costco and Alamo insiders for

1/18 to 1/25
$191

If it goes down under $140, I'll do it, otherwise ME it is.

Was just able to book a midsize SUV from Jan 29th - Feb 11th (2 weeks) for $248.72 with a Dollar city special. Did require Pre Payment but no cancellation fees. I'm good with that rate but will keep checking.

I was able to book an intermediate SUV with Alamo, via the Costco site, Jan 30 - Feb 6 for all-inclusive total of $162. Still haven't been able to find a working Visa code, which I would have liked to add on.

I seem to be getting the best rates with Dollar (I'm an Express member) and using the city specials. Here's what I've got:
MCO to Cape Canaveral Jan 27--Jan 30 (3 days) small SUV= $115 (down today from $138 booked the end of July with Dollar)
Cape Canaveral to MCO Feb 6-12 (1 week) mid-size =$211 (down from my Alamo full-size rental of $230.50 made the end of July. Not sure if it's worth the savings of $19.50 for downgrading from full to mid size car????

Looks like the DEK30 promo for Dollar is better right now - A minivan for 11 days is coming up for about $263. Not as good as it has been but definitely worth checking out if you have a high rate.

Just checked rates again with Alamo and found we could save $79 ... I'll take any savings. We now have a midsize SUV for 9 days at the price of $275. Still more than I want to spend but better than we had it at $354 earlier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter