JANUARY 2016 Car (and Minivan) Rental Code/Rates Thread

Dollar DEK30 code is back down - a 11 day rental (1/22-2/2) for a minivan is popping up for 263 with all taxes and fees. Good luck.

just booked an economy class with Dollar using code BDD15

1/18 to 1/25

$146

:car:

would much rather use Alamo though...;)::yes::

EDITED TO ADD

Actually I just checked the Alamo site and I could get an economy for $152, so I booked that instead. I really just feel more comfortable with Alamo. I used Costco code 7014627.

It was funny, I checked the Costco site and it was $191 with Alamo for an economy, so I went and booked with Dollar. Then like a half hour later checked Alamo and Costco's site again and it was down to $152. Quite a big drop in less than an hour.

Last edited:
Dollar rates are way down .............

Just changed our reservation (again! :rolleyes1) .
Now we are at $140. all in, including taxes and all charges , for a Mid size for 8 days . That is renting from and returning to MCO , only using the "city special" deals .
Will keep checking, but dont think I will do better than that .

Do you book directly through Dollar? I have currently 2 reservations through Expedia and Hotwire for Dollar. $134 and $117. Just nervous not going directly through the company. I have only booked through Alamo and National direct before. Should I be nervous or go for the lowest price? 1/22-1/26/16

Do you book directly through Dollar? I have currently 2 reservations through Expedia and Hotwire for Dollar. $134 and $117. Just nervous not going directly through the company. I have only booked through Alamo and National direct before. Should I be nervous or go for the lowest price? 1/22-1/26/16

Yep, directly through Dollar . They do not require a deposit, or even a CC # on file (yet) . So if you find a better rate, you can book it, and just cancel the old one.

I would be nervous trying stuff that through a 3rd party . Dont you have to pay in full through a 3rd party ?

Yea .............go for the lowest price. A reservation is a reservation.

EDITED TO ADD

Actually I just checked the Alamo site and I could get an economy for $152, so I booked that instead. I really just feel more comfortable with Alamo. I used Costco code 7014627.

It was funny, I checked the Costco site and it was $191 with Alamo for an economy, so I went and booked with Dollar. Then like a half hour later checked Alamo and Costco's site again and it was down to $152. Quite a big drop in less than an hour.

Thank you I just saved $18 on my Alamo rental by checking with the Costco code again. It isn't a huge amount, but it was enough to be worth rebooking.

down again today :teeth:

I did the drive happy deal with Alamo and guaranteed at least a compact. Not sure when I find out what I'm actually getting? :rotfl2::car:

Alamo - Coscto code 7014627
1/18 to 1/25
compact
$139

Just booked a last minute 4 day trip starting in January so I guess I'll post here. 1/31 - 2/3. Currently have Dollar with Dollar Express and city Special Mid-size SUV for $88.96.

I usually book something at least 6 month in advance just as a starting point. Unfortunately, due to life getting in the way, I missed out on some of the lower prices that have come and gone. I finally booked a midsize SUV with Alamo for $293.29 for Jan 30 - Feb 10 a couple of weeks ago. Didn't need something that big because it's just the 2 of us but it was the best deal I could find. I just got a midsize with Alamo for $225.24. Still waaay more than I'm use to paying but I'll take it

I have the 2016 ent book and there is no $30 coupon for Alamo, but there is a $30
for National, so I am booked with National. You just have to compare how close Alamo and National are. We are picking up at Car Care Center.
2016 ent book alamo coupon is for $15 AD9Z14AAH
National 2016 coupons:
free day NF5284ZDL
$30 off NDA2424BZ
$30 OFF NDA2434CA

do you know if you need the actual coupon to use this coupon code??

Checking again using Costco code and coupon, I got a Compact for $126.77 (all fees/tax included) for Jan 30 - Feb 6 with Budget. I had to access my Budget Rapidrez profile for the first time in a long time and do a few updates, but they did remember me. All of my "h--- no!" selections for fuel and insurance were still in there. :)

I'm a little worried that the Fastbreak option will not work for me, as I do not recall ever doing it before and some Budget renters have posted here that they got "demoted" to the regular line as first-time Fastbreakers. Others have said nope, they went out to the special Fastbreak counter and did get served there. So, unless Alamo gets more competitive in the next 3 weeks, I guess I'll find out.

Speak of the devil....I just checked Alamo again using the Costco discount code and got a Drive Happy deal (i.e., at least a Compact and "possibly" better) for $137 all-inclusive, 1/30-2/6. For a few dollars extra, I am more than happy to use Alamo's straight-to-the-car system once again. This is the first time I have been offered a Drive Happy deal, so I assume it will probably upgrade me to a Corvette Z06. :rolleyes1

This is the first time I have been offered a Drive Happy deal, so I assume it will probably upgrade me to a Corvette Z06. :rolleyes1

I'm thinking that too! :rotfl:

I wonder how we find out what car class we get? :confused: I did the go straight to the garage thing too.

Just booked a last minute 4 day trip starting in January so I guess I'll post here. 1/31 - 2/3. Currently have Dollar with Dollar Express and city Special Mid-size SUV for $88.96.

Re-booked this morning and changed to a Full Size for $81.26 just using Dollar Express. (not a city special)

Re-booked this morning and changed to a Full Size for $81.26 just using Dollar Express. (not a city special)

Checked Alamo and used the Visa code to get a one size upgrade so booked a mid-size that will get me a full-size (assuming Alamo still has no "standard" at MCO, right?). Price for 1/31 -2/3 is $79.84. Every dollar counts.

Speak of the devil....I just checked Alamo again using the Costco discount code and got a Drive Happy deal (i.e., at least a Compact and "possibly" better) for $137 all-inclusive, 1/30-2/6. For a few dollars extra, I am more than happy to use Alamo's straight-to-the-car system once again. This is the first time I have been offered a Drive Happy deal, so I assume it will probably upgrade me to a Corvette Z06. :rolleyes1
They typically do this when the smaller sizes are looking to be sold out and they are heavy on the larger sizes (ie: Mid/FS). What I have seen in the past is that you will still pick from the Compact aisle, but it will be stocked with Compact and larger (expect mid size, standard and maybe full size)

They typically do this when the smaller sizes are looking to be sold out and they are heavy on the larger sizes (ie: Mid/FS). What I have seen in the past is that you will still pick from the Compact aisle, but it will be stocked with Compact and larger (expect mid size, standard and maybe full size)

ohhh, that makes sense. I think I have seen that in the past, cars that look like they were parked in the wrong row. :thumbsup2

Avis is down to $113 for a compact, ughhhh, I still like Alamo better. To save $25 or not?

We are leaving in about a week for WDW and I am still checking rates - the Dollar DEK30 for an 11 day rental of a minivan just dropped to $235. Now I am going to have a tough time not taking this (even though Enterprise gives you a second driver free). So it pays to keep checking.

ohhh, that makes sense. I think I have seen that in the past, cars that look like they were parked in the wrong row. :thumbsup2

Avis is down to $113 for a compact, ughhhh, I still like Alamo better. To save $25 or not?

I have actually switched to the Avis deal that I saw on the Costco site. Full size for $123 all-inclusive, 1/30 - 2/6. I signed up for Avis Preferred beforehand, but probably won't get to go straight-to-the-car due to new member verification procedures. Still, for a full size, I could not resist. I am cheap enough to put up with some queuing delays and a hard sell to save a few bucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter