• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JANUARY 2016 Car (and Minivan) Rental Code/Rates Thread

My Dollar rental with DEK30 just went down again. Minivan from 21-30th of Jan. for $175.67. I usually use Alamo and prefer them, but they are at $202 for the same time.

Mine too - I just rebooked down to $210.42 for 11 days! Yippeee. That means more Mickey Ice Creams at WDW.

I rebooked for one week with Dollar at $110 all-inclusive for a Compact. In addition to the slightly better price, I was a little disappointed when my Avis Preferred enrollment warned that it probably wouldn't work for my first rental due to the need for "confirmation" at the counter. So I wasn't too sad about canceling Avis. Now if Dollar Express does the same, I guess I'll have outsmarted myself.

do you know if you need the actual coupon to use this coupon code??
My entertainment book coupons say that you must submit the coupon at time of rental.
National Car Rental
NDA2434CA $30
NDA2424BZ $30
ND5278AAD $20

Got my Dollar rate down a bit using the AAA discount (I am a AAA member, but it prob wont matter) .
I am at $129. all in for a midsize for 8 days.

Not bad since we arrive in 2 days , and Dollar rates have gone way up at this late booking .

Got my Dollar rate down a bit using the AAA discount (I am a AAA member, but it prob wont matter) .
I am at $129. all in for a midsize for 8 days.

Not bad since we arrive in 2 days , and Dollar rates have gone way up at this late booking .

Not bad at all - have a good trip. (Did you go through ebates - they offer 4% cash back on Dollar rentals. Every penny counts, right?

Hmmm........This is somewhat strange !

Our scheduled pick-up time for our Dollar rental is Saturday (tomorrow) , and I just got the "Reminder, We look forward to seeing you" e-mail from Dollar with our reservation confirmation .
Problem is ...........I got 15 of them !!!
I know I booked a new reservation everytime the rate went down a bit ..........but I cancelled every single one of the ones that I replaced with a better rate .
It was like clock work ..........every time I got a new, better rate reservation , I would cancel the old one , every time !!!!

I hope they dont think I am renting 15 cars now .........I did cancel all of them except my current one .
A little put-off by this now . Anyone else have this happen .

I will say that the last time we rented from Dollar (In October) , the counter agent said I had a few reservations showing , but for some reason their computer system keeps them all , even if you cancel any of them . He said not to worry about it and grabbed the one that was the most recent and the lowest price.

Still makes me a little bit uneasy about it ..........never got the e-mail before with multiple reservations ????

Not bad at all - have a good trip. (Did you go through ebates - they offer 4% cash back on Dollar rentals. Every penny counts, right?

Hmmm, No , I dont even know what that is . Not following along enough I guess. Not sure if its worth the hassle for $5. is it ?

That is very concerning! I am going to double check all my cancellations - I have booked and rebooked multiple times. We are going next week - please post if you run into trouble at the counter/garage.

Hmmm, No , I dont even know what that is . Not following along enough I guess. Not sure if its worth the hassle for $5. is it ?

There is a website called ebates that if you shop online and go through their website as a starting point they open a shopping trip and then give you a %-age of your total back at the end of the quarter as a check. PM me if you want more details.

Well I just double checked my reservations from the 15 Dollar confirmations I received.

All of them except the current (and cheapest) reservation " can not be found in the system " .
The only one that I can track down and shows up on the Dollar site, is my current one - $129. for 8 days.

At least that makes me feel a little better !

Thought I would share a coupon code that a found for alamo on the carrentalsavers website. I went on alamo site and used this coupon along with BJ wholsale contract ID #7014696. The coupon is AD3868JST it takes $25 off. It says 25 OFF SPECIALTY but seems to work on about everything. I'm getting a midsize suv Jan 29th to Feb 4th for $143.27. Pick up mco drop off Tampa. If anyone knows any info about this coupon please share.

Well I just double checked my reservations from the 15 Dollar confirmations I received.

All of them except the current (and cheapest) reservation " can not be found in the system " .
The only one that I can track down and shows up on the Dollar site, is my current one - $129. for 8 days.

At least that makes me feel a little better !

I have been booking and canceling a lot of car rentals lately as rates get better, which I suppose a lot of travelers do. After a while it gets tough to remember what happened when. I have decided to stick with Alamo for only a few dollars more; hopefully Dollar won't send me those emails "looking forward to seeing me" even though I canceled. I also had to do the "forgot my Dollar Express number" thing after signing up when I never received my number to begin with. All in all, Dollar's user-friendliness could stand some improvement.

I usually book something at least 6 month in advance just as a starting point. Unfortunately, due to life getting in the way, I missed out on some of the lower prices that have come and gone. I finally booked a midsize SUV with Alamo for $293.29 for Jan 30 - Feb 10 a couple of weeks ago. Didn't need something that big because it's just the 2 of us but it was the best deal I could find. I just got a midsize with Alamo for $225.24. Still waaay more than I'm use to paying but I'll take it

Price hasn't gone down but I got a free upgrade to a Standard using the Alamo Insiders coupon AU5224JAB. Haven't been to MCO since Nov '14. Do they have a Standard aisle now?

Last edited:
Thought I would share a coupon code that a found for alamo on the carrentalsavers website. I went on alamo site and used this coupon along with BJ wholsale contract ID #7014696. The coupon is AD3868JST it takes $25 off. It says 25 OFF SPECIALTY but seems to work on about everything. I'm getting a midsize suv Jan 29th to Feb 4th for $143.27. Pick up mco drop off Tampa. If anyone knows any info about this coupon please share.

it worked for me on a compact! I love the Disboards and you! :rotfl::cheer2::cool1:

We are leaving in about a week for WDW and I am still checking rates - the Dollar DEK30 for an 11 day rental of a minivan just dropped to $235. Now I am going to have a tough time not taking this (even though Enterprise gives you a second driver free). So it pays to keep checking.
My 11 day minivan at dollar came down to $215 last night

My 11 day minivan at dollar came down to $215 last night

Thanks so much, I checked on Thursday and it went down to $210.42 so I already rebooked. Crazy!! When I started looking back in Sept the rates were $500-700 for a minivan. I appreciate the heads up.

OK, just checking back after our Dollar rental pick-up .
I was worried about our 15 reservation "welcome" e-mails , and we also had a 4 hour fight delay, which worried me as well that we might be too late picking up the car.
Glad to report we had no issues what so ever.

Also ..............since we are Dollar Express members, we were able to skip the long counter line and go right to the garage "booth" . No line , just walked up, got our reservation in order(CC , DL etc) , and were directed to the proper aisle and we were able to pick out our own car . Always love this feature with Alamo, and glad that we can do it with Dollar also since we are Express members.

SO it pays to join the Dollar Express "club" .............if nothing else but to skip the line and pick-out your own choice of car .

We had a mid size , and there were plenty to pick from . We choose a nice Toyota Corolla , since we already have a Toyota it was easy to just drive away knowing where everything was in the car .

Just wanted to report back on our Dollar pick-up in case anyone was wondering .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter