JANUARY 2016 Car (and Minivan) Rental Code/Rates Thread

Dollar actually had a Black Friday rental sale. I reserved for Jan. 3-13 (10 day) for $155 after taxes and fees for a compact (I believe), I don't need anything larger. Found in "Specials by location". Hope it helps someone. I will still watch for a better deal but I can definitely live with this rate.

Thanks Diana! I just shaved $130 off my minivan rental for 1/3-1/9. Down to $267 using the specials by location. Woo Hoo.:daisy:

The Dollar code for the black Friday special is .......... BLKFR .
Dont know how long this code will last or if its just a black Friday special code that they will remove soon, but its still working as of now .

I did the best with Dollar prices by using AAA .

Our rate doesn't seem to budge. Still over $300 for 1/15-1/24 (10 days) Worst case we will use DME and uber!

I really need to stop planning trips around holiday weekends!

Still crossing my fingers that they'll release ALAMO discount codes for end of January....anytime soon? If not, I guess I'll be stuck with $355 for a 1 week van rental. Ugh.

Jan 15 (fri am) - Jan 24 (sun pm) $222 taxes & fees included for a standard with Alamo!

Dollar and Thrifty rates are the lowest I've seen them in a while today. Hope someone can take advantage!

Dollar and Thrifty rates are the lowest I've seen them in a while today. Hope someone can take advantage!

Thanks ! :thumbsup2

Shaved another $15. off my Dollar rental for January ! :banana: That will pay for gas at least !

I am at $185. all in , for 1/16 - 1/24 , 8 days for a Mid Size .
Best rate so far was just using the city special deals .

Just booked with dollar for the same booking as Alamo - except got it down to $188 for a fullsize!

Just dropped another $10. off my Dollar rates for January tonight .
Holding at $175. all in, for a mid size - 8 days , only by using the "city special" .............

But , I also was able to score the 30% offer and reserved a premium car for $200. all in .
(BTW, the 30% off code for a Premium and above class (including minivans) is DEK30 )

Hmmm, not sure which to go with ? The Midsize for $175 , or a $25. upgrade to the Premium for $200.

Any ideas what a Dollar Premium car class might be ? Just says a Nissan Maxima , which would be fine for me (Thinking it may also be a Chrysler 300 , or something similar) .
Anyone know whats been sitting on the Dollar premium aisle lately ???

Last edited:
Alamo rates using Costco's website are super low for minivans right now. I just reserved a minivan for Jan 27th - Feb 7th for $353 taxes and fees in.

Alamo rates using Costco's website are super low for minivans right now. I just reserved a minivan for Jan 27th - Feb 7th for $353 taxes and fees in.

Thank you so much for this! I just got my rental down to $286.00 from $376.00 from Jan 21-20.

Woohoo! Got it down to $272 for a one week van rental (Alamo -- no discount code other than the Alamo membership).

(BTW, the 30% off code for a Premium and above class (including minivans) is DEK30 )
I just scored a minivan for January 30 - Feb 6 with this code for $182 with taxes. That was lower than Alamo's rate with Costco by about $20 for the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter