January 2013 Discounts

We had 35% off at Akv a studio suite and decided for the extra to go up to a 1 bedroom suite and switched yesterday. Never know how long those rooms are going to last.

I finally just broke down, logged into my account, and applied for the DV. I was approved and put $200 of my balance on the account and called to get my discount.

I'm a little bummed because I have my heart set on staying in a Savannah room at AKL but those rooms are only 5% discount :sad1:

The standard view and pool view are 35% off.

I kept the savannah view room but used the p/s/d instead of the RO discount and saved $484.12 but if I take the pool view I could save $1,144.88 because I'd get the 35% off with the RO offer.

I am fully aware that in the end it's my choice. I could get more of a discount if I modify my reservation but I wish WDW would just make my life easier by giving me a 35% RO discount for the room I want...why is that so much to ask :rotfl:

Can someone confirm what the POFQ RO discount is, I heard only5% :sad1:

I just got off the phone with the CM and specifcally asked about POFQ and she confirmed that the RO is 5%.

If you plan on dining and tix then the p/s/d is probably the better option for POFQ.

Any one hear what the RO for CBR is? Or has anyone booked CBR for 2 adults on the p/s/d. We are going for 10 days in January.

So....... I talked to two different CMs at Disney Travel this weekend, and both assured me that if we have a Magic Your Way package, Room and tickets,(which we do), then on 10/10 all I have to do is call back and apply the 30% discount to the room cost. Does this sound right?

What is the POR discount? Wondering of I'd save more with 2 standard rooms there then the play/stay/dine discount at an AoA suite...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oh and just want to make sure they applied the right discount... Play/stay/dine at a value is t64?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So you already had your package booked?

I did already have my reservation booked. If you have an account on the Disney site then you can still apply and if you get instantly approved you can start using the card right then. But you have to be logged into your Disney account to do that. The issue though is it only gives you the last 4 digits of the credit card and the CM had to get her supervisors account to let me apply the DV discount on the reservation. But they could see I charged $200 of my vacation on the card already so they let me...

I finally just broke down, logged into my account, and applied for the DV. I was approved and put $200 of my balance on the account and called to get my discount.

I'm a little bummed because I have my heart set on staying in a Savannah room at AKL but those rooms are only 5% discount :sad1:

The standard view and pool view are 35% off.

I kept the savannah view room but used the p/s/d instead of the RO discount and saved $484.12 but if I take the pool view I could save $1,144.88 because I'd get the 35% off with the RO offer.

I am fully aware that in the end it's my choice. I could get more of a discount if I modify my reservation but I wish WDW would just make my life easier by giving me a 35% RO discount for the room I want...why is that so much to ask :rotfl:

As you said, it is your choice, but quite honestly for that savings, I would do the pool view. We have stayed at AKL several times. And yes, we did have a savannah view once so maybe I'm not the best person to answer this, but I think the pool view is very lovely. There are so many places to see the animals that you won't miss them by not having a savannah view. I guess it also depends on how much time you plan on spending in your room. Is it cool to wake up in the AM and see a giraffe? Certainly. But is it $1144.88 cool? To me, it wouldn't be. Not when I could probably walk out of my room, down the hall a bit, and see the same thing through one of the observation areas. Just my opinion and trying to give you something to think about.

As you said, it is your choice, but quite honestly for that savings, I would do the pool view. We have stayed at AKL several times. And yes, we did have a savannah view once so maybe I'm not the best person to answer this, but I think the pool view is very lovely. There are so many places to see the animals that you won't miss them by not having a savannah view. I guess it also depends on how much time you plan on spending in your room. Is it cool to wake up in the AM and see a giraffe? Certainly. But is it $1144.88 cool? To me, it wouldn't be. Not when I could probably walk out of my room, down the hall a bit, and see the same thing through one of the observation areas. Just my opinion and trying to give you something to think about.

I appreciate the thoughts...I really am thinking about making the switch to the pool view. I LOVE the idea of being able to get up in the morning, sit on my balcony with a cup of coffee, and watch the animals. BUT...in reality we are only there 4 days. We have early breakfast ADRs for two of the mornings and I'm sure we'll start the other two days bright and early as well. Then we have late dinner ADRs every night...so how much am I really going to sit on my balcony?? Probably not much at all. Your comments about the public viewing areas then really makes sense that we'll get to enjoy the animals without the cost given our time in our room.

I'm also giving thought to downgrading to POFQ because I had a good experience there last year.

Tough choices!

I just got off the phone with the CM and specifcally asked about POFQ and she confirmed that the RO is 5%.

If you plan on dining and tix then the p/s/d is probably the better option for POFQ.

Thanks. That deal prob won't work for me because we have APs.

well i was interested in the pricing for the yacht club. for 6 nights/7days, 2 adults. plus dining plan and 5 day non-park hopper tickets. i've priced up a package but figuring out all the discounts is too hard for me LOL never been much good at math.

Hello everybody!

While we wait for oct 10th, can you tell me which WdW resort is the best to be at New Year's Eve?

Does discounts apply for stayings begining at Dec 30th? We are going to stay 7 days before going on DCL Dream on January 6th.

I've already booked Holiday Inn at Dowtown Disney as a backup, but I'm willing to change for a s/d/p discount...

Thank you!

Hello everybody!

While we wait for oct 10th, can you tell me which WdW resort is the best to be at New Year's Eve?

Does discounts apply for stayings begining at Dec 30th? We are going to stay 7 days before going on DCL Dream on January 6th.

I've already booked Holiday Inn at Dowtown Disney as a backup, but I'm willing to change for a s/d/p discount...

Thank you!

HI! I think staying at any hotel at Disney on New Year's would be super fun!! My family and I are also going on the Dream on January 6th!!!:banana::banana: super excited!! and annoyed that I can't book a discount for our stay at Disney after the cruise...it's not fair that us Canadians can't have a Disney visa..

well i was interested in the pricing for the yacht club. for 6 nights/7days, 2 adults. plus dining plan and 5 day non-park hopper tickets. i've priced up a package but figuring out all the discounts is too hard for me LOL never been much good at math.

What dates? I think I've gottent he math down somewhat close and would be happy to help but would need the dates!!

Hello everybody!

Thank you!

No. The s/p/d offer begins on Jan 2. The holiday offer ends December 22. So you will be missing out on both.

What dates? I think I've gottent he math down somewhat close and would be happy to help but would need the dates!!

oh duh! sorry i forgot that lol. february 2-8! thanks sooo much for your help!
i'm not sure which would be cheapest, room only or the S/P/D?!

so it's feb 2-8
yacht club
2 adults
5 day base tickets (non park hopper)
dining plan

thanks again!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter