January 2013 Discounts

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Grumpy Grandma, Apr 13, 2012.

1. eeyoreland

eeyoreland DIS Veteran

I am SOOOO frustrated right now. For six nights at POFQ, 3 adults, last night I was quoted $2495. I couldn't book last night because I had other people to check with first. I just called back now and was quoted $3360. That's $10 less than the full cost. I'm now on hold AGAIN to try and talk to someone else. The CM told me it was because it was POFQ.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. loveshak22

loveshak22 DIS Veteran

That is frustrating! Hopefully the CM can get it back to the price they quoted yesterday!!

4. dislvr74

dislvr74 Mouseketeer

We booked Poly GV for 1/10-1/16 with the RO discount.

Price on the website: $3260
    Price with discount: $2178
    Savings: $1082

I was very surprised we could any sort of discount over marathon weekend.

5. eeyoreland

eeyoreland DIS Veteran

Alleluia. This CM is getting it right :-) And she was very nice in defending her co-worker when I explained what happened.

6. jd4nati

jd4nati Mouseketeer

I just received an email indicating that Disney Debit cardholders can also participate in advance booking for the Jan-Mar discounts. Off to book now!

This debit card has awesome benefits to be fee free.

7. Bo Duke

Bo Duke (Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but Y

It looks like the reg dining plan is what is offered with all resorts except values. So with that being said I am going to guess the ddp will have to be an upgrade and you will end up paying the difference.

8. shpdem

shpdem Mouseketeer

How do u get a Disney debit card?

9. loveshak22

loveshak22 DIS Veteran

Boo! I was really hoping that I'd get the DDP at the DDP kids price - that would have been a good deal! However, if I can get the 35% room discount at AKL that'll be a better discount than even FD with the upgrade to the ddp.

10. Tallent

Tallent Mouseketeer

Just got off the phone and I'm a little confused now....I called to see if I could still get the visa code applied to my current reservation. I tried last night and got cold feet about putting it on my credit card---I thought about it today and realized there was no real guarantee what the offer released on the 10th would be so I called again tonight to go ahead and use the code. Initially, on the first call last night the cm said if I used the code I'd have to put down another deposit on my visa. I didn't book so didn't do that. So I just got off the phone again, and after changing from std rm at POFQ with no dining to POR preferred room with dining (added an extra $250 but that's for 2 adults and one child (tho one of those is only 11 lol) so I think that's pretty good!) I realized the cm never asked for my visa number. She just reminded me of when the balance is due. I just checked my reservation and all of the changes are there---dining, new resort, new room category, etc. Doesn't say anything about the visa code anywere. The majority of my trip is already paid for and isn't on the disney visa so I'm a little unclear about this....

11. DeborahA

DeborahA DIS Veteran

I am bummed. I called last night to see if I could apply some sort of discount to an existing ressie. We are Disney Visa card holders, Florida residents, AP holders and AAA members. You would think one of those would get us a discount right? Well I have a room only with dining, at rack rate and paying for the dining. NOTHING available for us. The CM said he was sure something will come up in the next month. Oh well.

12. Bo Duke

When is your planned trip?

13. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

You must have an AP ticketless package so you couldn't get any package discount offer without adding tickets. To keep your AP ticketless package, you have to pay rack rate for your room or have an AP discount room. So nothing but an AP room rate is going to work in your case, unless you are willing to change your package to a normal type that includes tickets.

14. dalt01

dalt01 DIS Veteran

if you are inside the window what they are saying is wrong unless you are giving bad info. it is, i would like to book, insert dates here, using Q85 code and my disney visa, its that simple.......................

15. dalt01

dalt01 DIS Veteran

of course that is unless this is the case:rotfl:, good catch:wave2:

16. jd4nati

jd4nati Mouseketeer

It's available to Chase bank customers. It takes the place of your regular debit card.

17. Sabeking

Sabeking DIS Veteran

I think we got a pretty good deal...I hope anyway. After being on hold for an hour this is how I came out. Ressie at POR royal room with 2 adults 2 DD's ages 14 and 12. Jan 11-leaving 16th with five days base tickets. Originally my price was 2282.00. I had the option of 30 percent off room only for savings of 241.00 or s/p/d . That cost me an extra 134.00. When I priced it out online it looks like I saved 974.00 on dining. Does that sound right? If I am correct I think that is a great deal :thumbsup2

18. Bo Duke

That does sound correct

19. Sabeking

Sabeking DIS Veteran

Question- is there a difference between Q85 and DV? I just said I was a DV holder. Is Q85 a different deal. I was actually shocked we got something marathon weekend because even the CM earlier in the week told me they never give a deal that weekend.

20. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Mouseketeer

That definitely seems better than just getting the dining plan and park tickets at the kids price (which I calculate as $3321.48). Good deal!

21. Sabeking

Sabeking DIS Veteran

Great! I'm dang near excited to have any discount. :cool1: