How Much Do You Ladies Charge to Haunt the Castle? -- Departure Day up (See index

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by KatMark, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Nermel9

Nermel9 DIS Veteran

I love the shirt you're wearing in the picture of you! :thumbsup2

I totally forgot about the upgrade to first class, nice! I would love to fly first class someday, if I ever go to Hawaii or Alaska, it's gonna have to be first class! I better start saving now! :rotfl2:

Yay, Magical Express! Too bad it was a Mears bus, but at least you got the video, right? :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jecskc

jecskc DIS Veteran

YAY for arriving at Disney !! 99 more days for us !! But what I am most looking forward to is the 21 days until I get this cast off !! Looking forward to reading more !!

4. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

Awesome start!! Love that your boss upgraded you to first class - spectacular!!! ANd free luggage... I really should consider that next time - it would probably be cheaper than paying all those baggage fees...

Can't wait to hear how check in went and see your resort.

D~

5. inkedupmomma

inkedupmomma If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100

So cool about the first bit of pixie dust! I don't fly but hear luggage prices are crazy expensive!! So wAit... Y'all have never done me???

6. MaryAz

MaryAz DIS Veteran

Great update!! Hurray for first class!! I am to go with excited to be going over tired. I had to LOL at the phone pic since I know how un phone savvy he is :) I will not comment on the OKW check in since I know how that went :confused3

This trip will also not be the same without you guys. Even Jeff said that he will miss ya. And Heather asked if she would be seeing you....

7. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

How nice to have such Royal Treatment with First Class !! Can't believe I will be catching the ME tomorrow morning !!!!!!:cool1:

8. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

I would have yelled at Mark if he was at work that day too and I was his boss. I'm really sorry to hear about his Mom.

Talk about an early wake up time. Only going to WDW will we all get up that early.

Amazing boss upgrade to first class? Extra sweet! :thumbsup2

My favorite thing about First Class is the basically private security lane!

Never say no to coffee, especially that early in the morning!

LOL, Mark looks just like my Dad does when he's trying to figure out something with his phone! :rotfl2:

Boo, Mears coach! So un-Disney.

9. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

That really was so nice of your boss to upgrade y'all to first class. That's a really nice treat!

Glad y'all had safe, uneventful travels to Florida!

10. Millie12591

Millie12591 DIS Veteran

Would never happen my friend, even if Mark did stop taking hilarious, hat pics. :goodvibes Tell Mark he did a great job on the title!! :thumbsup2

Wow! Early morning is right!! But! Tis better to be in the "Muthaland" early and beyond tired, than it would be to miss an entire day and get there late. That logic is kinda like fuzzy Disney math. :rotfl: Only other Dis brothers and sisters would understand. :rotfl2:

11. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

I'm with Mark, I am not a big Starbucks fan either. Come to think of it I'm not much of a muffin man (LOL) either.

Enjoying the TR!!!

12. Captain_Oblivious

Captain_Oblivious DIS Dad #257

He might have been "at" work, but if he is anything like me, he wasn't actually doing work.;)

It always does.

:cool1::woohoo:

Mark doesn't like Starbucks, so we stopped at another location (I don't remember the name of it) and we got him a coffee and a muffin.[/QUOTE]

And your marriage survives this huge point of conflict?! Kudos to the both of you. :rotfl2:

More coffee? I bet by the time you got to Disney you looked like this: :hyper:

I think he just bought 300 gallons of ranch dressing.

Don't you hate it when that happens?

13. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana <font color=deeppink>Dreams do come true!<br><font

Kathy, I think the best thing about first class is the special security line and no luggage fees! We were upgraded years ago when Mia's friend worked for AA - we were on the way to London and she surprised us at the airport...great surprise! So happy for you! Your boss is wonderful, but I think it says more about what an asset you've been all these years. :goodvibes

Okay, so I'm with Mark...what is "airplane mode" and when do I turn it on? It's on my iPhone, but I haven't clue either! :confused3 Love the photo!!

Oh,the fake monorail...makes me feel I've truly arrived and Disney is next stop! :cool1:

Thanks so much for the update...not like you've a lot of time on your hands! Hope you're not getting sick. Be well! :grouphug:

14. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

I am late to the party, Kathy, but at least I found you! :goodvibes

Will be back to read and comment more soon - I don't think I can manage 7 pages, when it's nearly time for bed here. ;)

15. mommy2mrb

mommy2mrb Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!

it is a setting on your phone so you can still use it for music, checking the time, games...just no texting or calling! you turn it on when the door's close or when attendants tell you to turn off your electronics and then switch it back after you land...its a nice feature to have!

16. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

All caught up, Kathy!
    Sounds like a really wonderful arrival day apart from the ME being a Mears shuttle. I think I remember a comment about your checking in process at OKW, but won't comment any further.

On another note - checking your ticker for the summer, I think we will be there at the same time, but on one of Disney's fine vessels when you are at WDW. :lmao: I guess we will never work it out.
    But be warned ....... August can be VERY crowded and it is HOT! And I do mean REALLY HOT and humid! ;)

17. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana <font color=deeppink>Dreams do come true!<br><font

Thank you, Lisa! :goodvibes

18. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Thanks, Tink. I've not gotten a full out cold yet, but I feel it coming on (cold sore on my lip is usually a good sign I'm getting a cold).

After last night's trip to the Nursing Home, I would rather she have cancer or a heart condition. This is absolutely brutal and so unfair.

Since I hate flying, I always enjoy a smooth flight, and this one was A-okay. :thumbsup2 No video? That would have really made me mad.

Ummmmm...NOPE...not hiring. And he's all mine and has been for 37+ years. :)

Thanks, Lisa.

19. solana131

solana131 DIS Veteran

Yay for first class....what a great start. Bummer you got a plain old Mears bus though. Wasn't this Mark's first time on ME?? Or do I have you confused with someone else? We got a plain yellow one on our way back to the airport which didn't bother me as much. I thought our Mears bus was much bigger and newer than the ME buses I've been on.

20. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Thank you....that made my life so much easier. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Only if you fly First Class though (unless you want to buy food).

Thanks; he is terrific and like a second dad to me (his daughters and I are all very close).

He is a sweetie; the trip started off on the right foot.

Love that happy place, don't you?

Cythina, I prefer to leave early so I don't lose an entire day of relaxing at the resort or going to a park (this trip that didn't work out so well as you will see in the next update). It was great getting "preferential" treatment in First Class.

We were okay with Mark's mom and her passing as we had prepared for it; the harder part was dealing with the phone calls about my mom and my brother while we were in Florida.

I guess any bus that takes us to Disney is okay; I jsut wanted Mark's first experience to be a "real" bus.

21. pinkxray

pinkxray DIS Veteran

First class sounds like a nice way to start off your trip.::yes::

Bummer about the Mears bus. We have never been on ME but I'm considering it for our Feb trip. How did Mark like it?