How Much Do You Ladies Charge to Haunt the Castle? -- Departure Day up (See index

Hi Kat. I'm so glad I happened upon your comment regarding a new TR on another TR - or I may have missed this one entirely. :sad1:

First, I am so sorry for the passing of Mark's Mom. I need to go back and read your PTR to catch up on all of the family matters. If it's OK, I would like to t PM you sometime regarding your Mom. I do wish you the best!

My Mom currently is living with me, and I spend my time with her 24/7. She has Alzheimer's and I know the day will come that I will have to place her into a nursing home and may also be dealing with behavioral problems. We have had to delay our vacation until Oct. 2014 since I am the lone caregiver of my Mom, and there are no options for respite care.

Is there some way of being notified of past favorites having a new PTR/TR?

Looking forward to hearing about OKW. (We'll be returning to Coronado.) Looking forward to reading more :surfweb:- take all the time you need to do your TR. I agree though, it could be theraputic and a great release to the stress in your life. Nothing like reliving your experience from the most wonderful place on earth!

Hi Kathy! I know you have a lot going on right now so whatever pace - if any - you need for this TR is fine with me. I'll be here cheering you on and wishing you all the best as you deal with the situation with your mom and her health.

Thanks for sharing the photos of OKW - I don't think I've seen many photos of the resort. We've debated a breakfast at Olivia's sometime ... we'll have to see more reviews before we decide.

Take care. :goodvibes

Before heading over to ME, Mark had to turn his new phone off "airplane mode" (as you can tell by the picture, he doesn't have a clue what he's doing...and still doesn't ;) ).

ArrivalDaySeptember15022.jpg

I love this picture! That looks like me trying to see my phone. :lmao:

I think I read this update before work one day, but I don't think I ever commented.

anyway - yeah for first class and arriving so nice and early! :cheer2:

Sorry your check-in at OKW was less than magical. I think it really adds so much when you have a warm and welcoming CM check you in. It just sets the tone. I agree with you, OKW in general has such a wonderful vibe.

I hope you end up loving your room location.

Yeah for DTD!

Kat, again, I'm really sorry ab out Mom. I know my situation was different, but when everything happened with John, it was you guys that helped me get through it all! Thanks for sticking around!

On to OKW, that is my DREAM resort, but idk how we will ever afford it!

I am bummed to hear that the CM was not so great!

But I'm curious if you accomplished your mission... I say you did lol

I'm sorry to read about the issues with your mom Kathy. I remember going through similar issues with Judy's grandfather number of years ago. It's so difficult. Hang in there.

I'm here!!! Goodness knows I am late to the party but I am here now! I am waiting for my second round of coffee to finish brewing and I'm all over this TR!!!

Kathy, So, So sorry about the issues you are going through. Even though we have yet to meet IRL please know I am thinking about you and saying a prayer that you can get the strength to cope with whatever comes your way. I know a little about what you are going thru my husbands aunt lived with us for 7 years with dementia and it was just after she passed that I came down with cancer. Often wondered if it was the stress. Please take care of yourself too. Elaine

I'm so sorry about your mother and your husbands mother.

I was just going to say, I have laughed at every picture of your husband. I think it's great to see a grown man enjoying himself on vacation (especially Disney vacations). And seeing the pictures of your vacation has put a smile on my face. :)

:hug: I'm so sorry about your mother. I hope that maybe this new center is more equipped for her and can help her to be more comfortable, for all of your sakes. And we are all here for you! I'm sure reliving your trip will help a little bit at least. And if you can't continue, or just need to take a break we will all understand! :flower3:

Thank you so much for the hugs and for being there...it means the world to me.

My goodness. I wish I had good advice for you, but honestly, what do you say in these situations? I hope and pray that your mother and your family will have peace.

Just offering you[r prayers is good for me./COLOR]

She probably went to Starbucks instead of Dunkin Donuts. :rotfl2:

This seriously cracked me up. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Welcome to the Happiest Place on Earth! :lmao:

This was after the FIRST of numerous phone calls from my brother about health issues at home. :crazy2:

Yikes, you do NOT look happy after check in!
You don't happen to remember that CMs name? On the DREAM we wound up meeting a very nice OKW front desk CM, who offered to help with anything we would need. If you can remember her I can pass it on to her. ;)

Sorry to hear about your mother. That is just so hard to go through, especially after Mark lost his mom such a short time ago. Lots of :hug: for you!

All I remember of her Karin is she was young, foreign and not pleasant. But maybe I'll email you before we go in August and you can put in a good word for us and maybe we'll get one of those "one-bedroom" upgrades for our 30th anniversary. ;)

It's been a really rough week, and even harder the last couple of days.
Thanks for the hug.

Sorry to hear about your mother.
Great update :)
You don't look happy after check in. Hope the rest of the day went better.

Thank you. I wasn't happy with the CM, but the look was from the phone call.

I'm truly sorry to hear what all is going on with your mom. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it is for you. I hope doing the TR lets your relive happy memories and gives you a break from reality. But, if you can't do it, I think we'd all understand. :goodvibes

Glad y'all made it to OKW even if the check-in wasn't the best. I will have my own tale (eventually) in my TR about our check-in there.

Hope the mission to DTD was a success!!

Thanks, Amanda. The support here helps, trust me.

Uh oh...your tale doesn't sound goo. :bitelip:

:hug: Kathy, I understand everything you are going through with the behaviour and phone calls concerning your mother. It's absolutely horrifying and very upsetting to witness. Thank goodness there are medications to tame the behaviour, but the unfortunate part is there is nothing to erase the scenes from your mind. :sad2: Again, I am SO very sorry you are dealing with this. It's a nasty disease and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I had to giggle to myself when I saw your "after check-in photo" as that is exactly how you looked when you were sitting on the bench and I was scared to approach you! (knowing you were there with heavy hearts, etc.) Also wanted to add, in Mark's picture of the pool and lounge chairs, my Mark and I are on the very last two to the right! :rotfl2: I am actually sitting in the one with the towel hanging over the back of it. LOL!!! Too funny.

Hang in there, friend. xo

Traci, thank you so much for the support and for the understanding. I am sorry you are going through it too, and I'm with you, I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy.

I havve to go back to those pictures and see if I can spot you.

I'm glad that despite my look you stopped; I would have been so disappointed if we hadn't met. That "meet" should be in the next update.

Oh, Kathy...I cannot begin to imagine how difficult this must be for you with your mom...and after just losing Mark's mom. Wish I had some words of comfort...just know you all are tucked near in my heart and prayer...and loads of ISPD coming your way (Industrial Strength Pixie Dust).
icon_tinkRight.gif

As for the cast member....the look on your face says it all. ;) We had a similar CM at POR and the Poly - I hoped they were just having a bad day, but POR seems to be rather notorious for rather crabby front desk CM's...and I've heard other check-in stories about the same Poly CM. I do everything to lighten things up and get a small smile...but those two were hopeless.

We are all here for you, Kathy...if you take a break from the TR, we'll be here for support...feel our love.
f809de82.gif

Christine, thanks for the words of comfort...it means a lot.

It wasn't the CM for the look (that would come later), but for the phone call from home.

Thanks again for the support.

I can't imagine how hard that must be to deal with. So sorry you are having to experience it. Prayers to you that God gives you strength during this difficult time. We will be here for you !! :love:

Thank you, my friend.

Oh Kathy, would that we could make this go away and ease your heart. I am so glad you are staying with us during this time. I know the DIS has gotten me through a few things, spoken and unspoken, and it has truly helped.

Escape, dreams and memories of happy places are something to hold onto, especially now. Hold on to that countdown ticker too, it will help you persevere. While I do believe He doesn't give us more than we can take I can only imagine you feeling tested and pulled beyond belief. You are amazingly strong and while I'm sure it doesn't feel like this right now, I know your mom is blessed to have you trying to navigate this for her, even if she isn't aware of it. Thank you for sharing with us and knowing that we are here for you.

The expression on your face post check in is priceless.

Cythnia, thank you...I wish it would go away too.

We are going tonight to an Alumni Dinner for the high school wrestling team (Mark and Alisha are coming in because one of his good friends is being inducted into the Hall of Fame), and I'm actually looking forward to it. I decided to take a day "off" and relax and enjoy.

I had that face a couple of times this trip, unfortunately.

Kathy, My prayers go out to you and Mark during this tough time you both have and are going through. It is the prayers of others that helped me with the sudden passing of my younger brother (45) last year and the battle my mother has been going through with ovarian and cervical cancer shortly after. Take comfort in knowing others out there care. :)

Let me also give a big thanks to you for being such a great encourager with all that I have gone through the past year or so. Your pm's and posts made a difference. It truly helped. :thanks:

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom (I knew about your brother). Thank you for the kind words...you brought tears to my eyes. You are very special to me as we've had some good conversations, and I appreciate your support and the kind words.

Great start, Kat! You have such great kids from everything you have said about them..hope my boys turn out just the same!

I have never flown first class, that was so nice of your boss to upgrade you and Mark!

I loveeeee coffee but SB is too strong for me but I do love their fraps and holiday drinks, my favorite coffee is from Dunkin' Donuts followed by McDonalds...I know!! :rotfl:

I would love to stay at OKW some day, the resort just looks relaxing and beautiful plus I have read wonderful things about it from both you and Karin.

So sorry you are going through such a difficult time :( keeping you and Mark in my thoughts.

I do have great boys, and I'm sure yours will be great too!

I have a terrific boss.

I don't drink straight coffee most of the time...I drink Cappucinos; but I'm with you, LOVE the fraps.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts.

I'm so, so sorry about your mom Kathy :hug: I told you this on your PTR, but my grandmother had alzheimer's and it was an incredibly difficult experience for the entire family to go through. It's an awful, awful disease. If you decide that this TR is too much for you to keep up with I'm sure everyone here would understand. This might be a really good outlet though to escape all that. Hang in there, you will be in my prayers!

It is an awful disease and hard on the patient and the family.

Thank you for being there and the prayers.

Oh Kathy :hug:

I know this is incredibly hard and let us try to be there for you.
Even if you can't update, please try to stay around so we can do what we can to help you. Maybe the happy place will help provide some comfort during this terrible time.

Thinking of you Kathy. :hug:

Thank you, Pat. I hope you are having a great time at Disney.

I found your PTR, and will be here when you have time to update. Right now, you need to take care of your family. Thinking of you. :)

Thanks, Michelle. I'll probably update tomorrow. Believe it or not, it really does help being here with all of you.

sorry about the difficulties with your mom...sent you a PM!

bummer about the grumpy CM - hey maybe check-in is a side job from being the "real" grumpy :rotfl:

you do know that CA Adventure in DLR has a Starbucks now and they are opening an E of S in DTD

totally understand if you need a break from the TR, we will be here no matter what :hug:

Lisa, I got your PM and I appreciate it. I've put your phone number in and will call you at some point.

I know that Starbucks is coming to DW, but I doubt that they'll be making cappucinos.

Thanks for the hug.

Hi Kat. I'm so glad I happened upon your comment regarding a new TR on another TR - or I may have missed this one entirely. :sad1:

First, I am so sorry for the passing of Mark's Mom. I need to go back and read your PTR to catch up on all of the family matters. If it's OK, I would like to t PM you sometime regarding your Mom. I do wish you the best!

My Mom currently is living with me, and I spend my time with her 24/7. She has Alzheimer's and I know the day will come that I will have to place her into a nursing home and may also be dealing with behavioral problems. We have had to delay our vacation until Oct. 2014 since I am the lone caregiver of my Mom, and there are no options for respite care.

Is there some way of being notified of past favorites having a new PTR/TR?

Looking forward to hearing about OKW. (We'll be returning to Coronado.) Looking forward to reading more :surfweb:- take all the time you need to do your TR. I agree though, it could be theraputic and a great release to the stress in your life. Nothing like reliving your experience from the most wonderful place on earth!

Lisa, I had no idea about your Mom...I am so sorry. I would be happy to hear from you at any time.

We LOVE OKW (and despite what you'll be hearing in this TR, we still do). We also still love Coronado and can't wait to be back there for Mark's surprise trip in December.

I don't think there is any way to check on "past favorites." I think you'd just have to search their name.

Hi Kathy! I know you have a lot going on right now so whatever pace - if any - you need for this TR is fine with me. I'll be here cheering you on and wishing you all the best as you deal with the situation with your mom and her health.

Thanks for sharing the photos of OKW - I don't think I've seen many photos of the resort. We've debated a breakfast at Olivia's sometime ... we'll have to see more reviews before we decide.

Take care. :goodvibes

Thank you, Brenda. We love breakfast at Olivia's (although Mark and I didn't get there this trip, I did in January...very good).

Thanks for the good wishes.

I love this picture! That looks like me trying to see my phone. :lmao:

I doubt you look as confused as Mark. ;)

I think I read this update before work one day, but I don't think I ever commented.

anyway - yeah for first class and arriving so nice and early! :cheer2:

First Class was great!

Sorry your check-in at OKW was less than magical. I think it really adds so much when you have a warm and welcoming CM check you in. It just sets the tone. I agree with you, OKW in general has such a wonderful vibe.

It does sometime set the tone and it didn't help with the phone call from home as soon as got there.

I hope you end up loving your room location.

Yeah for DTD!

DTD was great...it will be in the next update.

Kat, again, I'm really sorry ab out Mom. I know my situation was different, but when everything happened with John, it was you guys that helped me get through it all! Thanks for sticking around!

On to OKW, that is my DREAM resort, but idk how we will ever afford it!

I am bummed to hear that the CM was not so great!

But I'm curious if you accomplished your mission... I say you did lol

Jenn, thank you. John was a jerk...nuff said. :)

You can afford OKW...you just have to rent points. It was cheaper renting points than it would have been staying at CSR. PM me sometime and I'll tell you about it.

I believe you might be right about us accomplishing our mission...you'll find out for sure in the next update.

I'm sorry to read about the issues with your mom Kathy. I remember going through similar issues with Judy's grandfather number of years ago. It's so difficult. Hang in there.

Glenn, thank you so much. It is the most difficult thing I've faced.

I'm here!!! Goodness knows I am late to the party but I am here now! I am waiting for my second round of coffee to finish brewing and I'm all over this TR!!!

Queen, I'm glad you are here and I know you will catch up when you can.

Kathy, So, So sorry about the issues you are going through. Even though we have yet to meet IRL please know I am thinking about you and saying a prayer that you can get the strength to cope with whatever comes your way. I know a little about what you are going thru my husbands aunt lived with us for 7 years with dementia and it was just after she passed that I came down with cancer. Often wondered if it was the stress. Please take care of yourself too. Elaine

Elaine, how are you doing with your cancer? PM me if you would prefer.

I'm so sorry about your mother and your husbands mother.

I was just going to say, I have laughed at every picture of your husband. I think it's great to see a grown man enjoying himself on vacation (especially Disney vacations). And seeing the pictures of your vacation has put a smile on my face. :)

:welcome::welcome: Thank you so much for joining, and thank you for the thoughts on our moms.

If you enjoyed those pictures of my husband, just wait. The hat pictures this year are some of the best. My husband may have grown old, but he has and refuses to ever grow up.

I'm glad I could put a smile on your face.

Sending virtual hugs...you know I love you and my heart is breaking right along with yours. I am so glad that you are going to write your TR, it will help you cope with real world.

Promise I am reading and following along, heck you tell me everything on the phone but its fun putting the pictures together with the stuff you told me :rotfl2:

First class is amazing isnt it? I have been fortunate to get upgrades when my family worked for USAir and it was incredible, so hard to fly any other way! They gave me slippers, sleep mask, hot towels for my hands, warm nuts, hot baked cookies and a private tv...heck the seat turned into a BED! All for a 3 hour flight to Boston. Didnt so much need it on the way up but after a week with my family I so needed it on the way home :lmao:

The pic of Mark with the phone had me peeing my pants because I know the phone drama he went through and all I can think of is that poor fool at ATT on Marco Island LOL!

Your face says it all...DONT MESS WITH ME! Now that face may work in many many places but honey it doesnt belong in WDW :rotfl:

54 days sister, just 54 more days and we are in the Happiest Place On Earth -TOGETHER! Lets hope the time flies!

Hi! Subbing in! Enjoyed the first two updates! Your face in the after check in one shows excactly how you felt!

So sorry to hear about your mom. I know exactly what you are going through. My grandma was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at 62 and has been in a nursing home since 2002 or 2003. It has been so long I can no longer remember. Every time she got an infection of sorts she would get violent or wander, or both. Broke my grandfathers heart to put her in the home, but it was for the best for him. He was deaf and could not hear her leaving the house when she would wander, so he would have no idea how long she was gone for either! Such a scary experience. She is now 83, and is at the waiting game point. My heart breaks more every day. BUT I now work with the Alzheimer's Association and have made it my life goal to find a cure for this disease. I am training to run the Disneyland Marathon next September to raise money for our local AA branch here. Makes me feel good knowing I am finally doing something I can control for her. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. **hugs**

Hang in there with everything you are going through with your Mom. I can sympathize, my Mom is going through a lot right now with my Grandma and it's been extremely difficult with deciding the care that's best for her. Keep reliving the trip, if not to tell us, but to have the good memories to help you keep your sanity during this difficult time. :hug:

You are correct, OKW is very home like. I love the fact that it's so quiet, I think it's one of it's greatest selling points.

I'm glad I happened upon your facebook comment or I'd have missed your TR. This is my first time following yours, but I've seen you following others, that I was following.

I got her on page 9! I'm always late to the party!pixiedust:

First I want to add how sorry I am about your mother. It truly is a horrid disease, and especially right after losing Mark's mom. You have to keep remembering that the actions you see of her now, aren't the mom you know and try your best to remember the good times. :hug:

My husband, 10 year old daughter and I stayed at Old Key West twice this past summer. In June, we stayed there for out 26th anniversary and had a studio villa in building 55. It was such a nice quiet location on a cul-de-sac. In August we stayed there again, but upgraded to a 1 bedroom because my 20 year old son Max and his girlfriend Casey joined us. If I had realized that 2 studios were less points than a single 1 bedroom, I would have gotten them a separate villa. It ended up being tricky with them coming back to nap, sleeping in the pull-out couch and we had come back to the room to rest and they were sleeping. We really do love Old Key West. Its our 2nd home... our first home is Saratoga Springs. We actually don't have points at OKW, we have an add-on at BLT, but we've never stayed there.

On our last day, I went to the front desk and told a manager person (she was wearing a navy blazer) that our internet kept dropping out every few minutes and was essentially useless. She asked us if we'd tried in the lobby. So we went and got one of our laptops and tried in the living room off the lobby. When I went back to the front desk to find her, she wasn't there..so I had to try to explain to the lady at the desk (who was probably 95 if she was a day) that I wanted to speak to the woman in the navy blazer again. I mentioned the internet, as I was telling her that the woman and I were having a conversation about the internet...so this CM says "oh I'm sorry, we don't have internet here...we have wifi"!!!:scared1: :lmao: So I said knew it was pointless... so I said... ok and walked away til the blazers came back out.

I can't wait to read more!

I'm so sorry about your mom, dealing with all of that it so hard! :goodvibes I hope you continue this TR, I think it would be a good distraction from everything else, but totally understand if you're not up to it! :hug:

Ugh, un-magical CM's are the worst, aren't they? I never understand how you can work in Disney and be grumpy. I guess it's a job, and you have bad days at any job, but...to me, that just does not make sense! :rotfl:

Love the OKW pictures, it looks like such a beautiful resort! :cheer2:

Sending virtual hugs...you know I love you and my heart is breaking right along with yours. I am so glad that you are going to write your TR, it will help you cope with real world.

Thanks for all the phone calls this week, sis...you are the best!

Promise I am reading and following along, heck you tell me everything on the phone but its fun putting the pictures together with the stuff you told me :rotfl2:

You probably know the whole trip...but you need to see your boyfriend's pics! ;)

First class is amazing isnt it? I have been fortunate to get upgrades when my family worked for USAir and it was incredible, so hard to fly any other way! They gave me slippers, sleep mask, hot towels for my hands, warm nuts, hot baked cookies and a private tv...heck the seat turned into a BED! All for a 3 hour flight to Boston. Didnt so much need it on the way up but after a week with my family I so needed it on the way home :lmao:

Ahhh....to go back to the old ways,

The pic of Mark with the phone had me peeing my pants because I know the phone drama he went through and all I can think of is that poor fool at ATT on Marco Island LOL!

He still talks about that entire ordeal with the phone

54 days sister, just 54 more days and we are in the Happiest Place On Earth -TOGETHER! Lets hope the time flies!

It can't come fast enough.

Hi! Subbing in! Enjoyed the first two updates! Your face in the after check in one shows excactly how you felt!

So sorry to hear about your mom. I know exactly what you are going through. My grandma was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at 62 and has been in a nursing home since 2002 or 2003. It has been so long I can no longer remember. Every time she got an infection of sorts she would get violent or wander, or both. Broke my grandfathers heart to put her in the home, but it was for the best for him. He was deaf and could not hear her leaving the house when she would wander, so he would have no idea how long she was gone for either! Such a scary experience. She is now 83, and is at the waiting game point. My heart breaks more every day. BUT I now work with the Alzheimer's Association and have made it my life goal to find a cure for this disease. I am training to run the Disneyland Marathon next September to raise money for our local AA branch here. Makes me feel good knowing I am finally doing something I can control for her. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask. **hugs**

:welcome::welcome: I've seen you before on the boards on some of the threads I follow; thank you so much for joining.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother! And good for you helping to search for a cure and for training for the Marathon. I wish you much success. And if any questions come up, I will be sure to message you.

Hang in there with everything you are going through with your Mom. I can sympathize, my Mom is going through a lot right now with my Grandma and it's been extremely difficult with deciding the care that's best for her. Keep reliving the trip, if not to tell us, but to have the good memories to help you keep your sanity during this difficult time. :hug:

Thank you so much for the wrods; and prayers for your Grandma.

You are correct, OKW is very home like. I love the fact that it's so quiet, I think it's one of it's greatest selling points.

I agree; OKW is very quiet and a huge selling point for DH and I.

I'm glad I happened upon your facebook comment or I'd have missed your TR. This is my first time following yours, but I've seen you following others, that I was following.

:wave2::welcome::wave2: thanks so much for coming over. I appreciate you coming along.

I got her on page 9! I'm always late to the party!pixiedust:

You are in plenty of time...we are still on arrival day.

First I want to add how sorry I am about your mother. It truly is a horrid disease, and especially right after losing Mark's mom. You have to keep remembering that the actions you see of her now, aren't the mom you know and try your best to remember the good times. :hug:

Thank you for the very comforting words.

My husband, 10 year old daughter and I stayed at Old Key West twice this past summer. In June, we stayed there for out 26th anniversary and had a studio villa in building 55. It was such a nice quiet location on a cul-de-sac. In August we stayed there again, but upgraded to a 1 bedroom because my 20 year old son Max and his girlfriend Casey joined us. If I had realized that 2 studios were less points than a single 1 bedroom, I would have gotten them a separate villa. It ended up being tricky with them coming back to nap, sleeping in the pull-out couch and we had come back to the room to rest and they were sleeping. We really do love Old Key West. Its our 2nd home... our first home is Saratoga Springs. We actually don't have points at OKW, we have an add-on at BLT, but we've never stayed there.

On our last day, I went to the front desk and told a manager person (she was wearing a navy blazer) that our internet kept dropping out every few minutes and was essentially useless. She asked us if we'd tried in the lobby. So we went and got one of our laptops and tried in the living room off the lobby. When I went back to the front desk to find her, she wasn't there..so I had to try to explain to the lady at the desk (who was probably 95 if she was a day) that I wanted to speak to the woman in the navy blazer again. I mentioned the internet, as I was telling her that the woman and I were having a conversation about the internet...so this CM says "oh I'm sorry, we don't have internet here...we have wifi"!!!:scared1: :lmao: So I said knew it was pointless... so I said... ok and walked away til the blazers came back out.

We do love OKW. I did not reallize that you could get two studios for less than a one-bedroom villa; this is good to know for our 2014 trip if we don't do AKL with your youngest son and our future daughter-in-law.

I can't wait to read more!

Update coming up if I can stay awake--late night last night. :lmao::lmao:

I'm so sorry about your mom, dealing with all of that it so hard! :goodvibes I hope you continue this TR, I think it would be a good distraction from everything else, but totally understand if you're not up to it! :hug:

Ugh, un-magical CM's are the worst, aren't they? I never understand how you can work in Disney and be grumpy. I guess it's a job, and you have bad days at any job, but...to me, that just does not make sense! :rotfl:

Love the OKW pictures, it looks like such a beautiful resort! :cheer2:

I'll continue unless it just gets to be that I don't have the time for it.

I'm with you....they work at Disney, how can they not be happy?

It is a beautiful resort...you should go check it out.

I am so sorry for about your Mom. My oldest DD, Paige, is right now working in a memory type nursing home. I don't know the official name, but she works with patients who have memory problems. She said some do get a little wild and then they have very calm times too. She loves to talk the them and she is amazed how many of them can remember things from long ago clear as day at times. One of her patients recently died, and I was so proud of her because she was in the room with her when she started having issues and then after her shift she went and visited her in the hospital. Paige has such a good heart. I think she does many of these patients a world of good.

Yay for arriving, though as many others said, that picture just shows how friendly your CM was. ;). It's such a shame that there are some grumpy ones. Don't they know where they are working?

Where were we when I last was with you friends? Oh yes, I had just had an "unfriendly" welcome from a CM and Mark and I were heading to the

ArrivalDaySeptember15040.jpg

for our "not" so secret mission at DTD. Here are a few pictures of our journey:

ArrivalDaySeptember15042.jpg

ArrivalDaySeptember15044.jpg

ArrivalDaySeptember15045.jpg

ArrivalDaySeptember15047.jpg

Once we exited the boat, the first order of business was something refreshing. It was HOT and the sun was beating down us. Since I'm always cold on airplanes, I had worn jeans and didn't bring shorts to change into if our room wasn't ready. Hence, we needed a cold beverage.

We stopped at Raglan Road and Mark got a Kilkeney Red Beer and I had the Bailey's Shake. All I can say is yummy.

ArrivalDaySeptember15048.jpg

A few pictures as we walked to our destination:

ArrivalDaySeptember15049.jpg

ArrivalDaySeptember15050.jpg

ArrivalDaySeptember15051.jpg

ArrivalDaySeptember15052.jpg

We arrived at our destination and YES....our mission was successful. We were both now proud owners of one of these little beauties:

annualpass.jpg

After the Annual Passes were purchased (courtesy of our oldest son, Andy), I also bought the Tables in Wonderland card for our meals.

It was then time for one of the favorite things of some of my readers...time for Mark try on some hats:

ArrivalDaySeptember15055.jpg

ArrivalDaySeptember15056.jpg

I saw this dress and so wished I had a granddaughter:

ArrivalDaySeptember15057.jpg

Mark and an old friend:

ArrivalDaySeptember15059.jpg

We decided to leave and go back to OKW and see if our room was ready even though we hadn't yet had a text.

Some pictures on the ride back:

ArrivalDaySeptember15063.jpg

ArrivalDaySeptember15064.jpg

ArrivalDaySeptember15065.jpg

We got back to OKW in no time at all and Mark took a peak in the gift shop while I went to check on our room. I had a much friendlier CM this time who said our room was not ready yet. She offered to see if there was another room available but that we might be further away. I told her we had no problem with the distance and would take a room further away. Unfortunately, nothing was available, so we had to wait.

I believe we grabbed a pretzel from the snack bar by the pool as we were getting a little hungry and still had a couple of hours until dinner. We were both getting a little tired and cranky after the early morning wake-up call, lack of sleep on Thursday night with the phone call about Mark's mom and the fact that it was hot and humid out. We didn't want to go swimming at this point because we weren't sure if we'd have our room before we had to leave for dinner and didn't want to have to change back into our clothes and I wouldn't be able to do my hair.

So we decided to just park our butts on the bench outside the Hospitality House near the check-in door. As we were waiting, I hear someone say my name. I looked up and it was a friend from here on the DIS, Tracy (LuvvsDisney here on the DIS). I had met Tracy on a thread she had started a couple of years ago about resort choices and being in a "pickle". There were five or six of us that posted frequently and we became "pickle friends". Mark and I chatted with Tracy and her Mark while it started to drizzle, and then rain and then pour, and then drizzle, all the while waiting for that text that our room was ready. Tracy and Mark were heading back to their room from the pool when they ran into us and I'm so glad it was there that we sat waiting for our text so that I could meet my friend, Tracy. And, as any good DISer knows, if there isn't a picture, it didn't happen. So I present you Tracy and Kathy:

ArrivalDaySeptember15069.jpg

Tracy, please forgive me if I wasn't my usual "exhuberant self" and didn't talk as much as I normally would. We truly were both exhausted, but Mark and I were delighted to meet you.

Up next, do we EVER get a text that our room is ready and where do we have dinner?

I know how the room wait ends from your posts on FB, so I won't really comment on that. Great that you got to meet with Tracy and her Mark while waiting though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter