How Much Do You Ladies Charge to Haunt the Castle? -- Departure Day up (See index

KatMark

DIS Veteran
Hello, everyone. We've been back 8 days from our trip, so I thought it was time to get the next KatMark TR rolling. What do you all think?

Welcome old friends...it's so good to have you back (your support these last couple of months has kept us going...thank you).

And a special welcome to any newcomers who are just joining a KatMark TR. Although I may not be as funny with my words or as poetic as some, I still hope you enjoy the ride.

I'll do brief introductions for those newcomers.

First, there is Mark, my wonderful husband of 29 years:

Day11009.jpg

Mark is a salesman who sells merchandise to dollar stores; during the spring/summer he is an umpire of youth and high school baseball games to help pay for our Disney obsession:

DSC01720.jpg

Mark loves everything Disney...the attractions, the shows, the shopping, the food and the trying on of these little beauties:

ArrivalDayandDay1139.jpg

(although he says everyone is stealing "his" thunder and he may retire the hat photos on our next trip)

Then there is me, your narrator, Kathy:

ArrivalDayandDay1111.jpg

I am an administrative assistant to a very special attorney, starting our 38th year together (I'll tell you more about just one of the many reasons he is very special just a bit later).

I love everything about Disney as well, and love to make all the plans (so far, Mark's only been truly disappointed in my planning twice...and both of those times were on this trip...more on that later as well).

When not reading about Disney or planning trips, I love to spend time with our wonderful kids -- Andy, Mark and soon to be Alisha.

Here's a little bit on each of the boys

Andy, age 26, is a wannabe teacher (still no full-time job), a high school assistant baseball coach and one of the most generous, good-hearted people I know!

mickeybar.jpg

Andy has been dating Des for 15 months and has gone to Disney with her (and will be again on Mark's surprise 60th birthday trip):

epcotandyanddes.jpg

Mark, age 24, works in data systemS for an affiliate of John Deere and is an assistant high school wrestling coach; he is also engaged to our future daughter-in-law, Alisha.

markatrally.jpg

Alisha, our future daughter-in-law (June 2013 wedding). Alisha works at a Nursing Home as she is waitlisted for Radiology School. Things have been a little difficult at the Nursing Home and she is considering working at a Bank as she's always been good with math:

engagementparty022.jpg

The engaged couple from their engagement pictures (there is an update on the Engagement Party on my PTR):

IMG_0239.jpg

And, last but not least, our beloved Cookie (even though she didn't make the two week trip with us...Andy took very good care of her while we were gone). Cookie is a Bichon Frise and will be 15 years old in November:

Cookiemyangel.jpg

Up next, arrival day.

Wait a minute, am I on the first page? I'm usually late to the party! :thumbsup2

So glad you got this started. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

I'm here !! Yay, you started your TR !! I have looking for you to get it going !! Can't wait to read all about it !!!

Here. trying to keep up but i keep going out of town. :lmao:

next time the laptop comes with me. ;)

Joining in!

Tell Mark that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. He'll always be the original funny hat guy. And also, I've gotta know what he thought of that call in the Cards/Braves game the other night and if you guys were as sad as I was to see Chipper retire. One of the true class acts. I'll miss watching him play. :sad1: And also the Triple Crown!!! October is my favorite time of year, and one of these days our Cubs will still be playing. ;)

Great pictures of the kids! My DH spent years trying to find a teaching job after college. He finally gave up and now he's in sales. It seems to be rough out there.

Anyway, can't wait to hear all about it!

Oh my goodness! You are starting the main event .... and I'm here!! Can't wait to have all the blanks filled in and enjoy the fun and excitement of your trip. :)

Thanks for including Ms. Cookie. We have a 13 year old Bichon named Ralph and they are terrific companions. Looking forward to reading your report.

I am here too!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter