How Much Do You Ladies Charge to Haunt the Castle? -- Departure Day up (See index

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by KatMark, Oct 7, 2012.

1. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Hello, everyone. We've been back 8 days from our trip, so I thought it was time to get the next KatMark TR rolling. What do you all think?

Welcome old friends...it's so good to have you back (your support these last couple of months has kept us going...thank you).

And a special welcome to any newcomers who are just joining a KatMark TR. Although I may not be as funny with my words or as poetic as some, I still hope you enjoy the ride.

I'll do brief introductions for those newcomers.

First, there is Mark, my wonderful husband of 29 years:

[​IMG]

Mark is a salesman who sells merchandise to dollar stores; during the spring/summer he is an umpire of youth and high school baseball games to help pay for our Disney obsession:

[​IMG]

Mark loves everything Disney...the attractions, the shows, the shopping, the food and the trying on of these little beauties:

[​IMG]
    (although he says everyone is stealing "his" thunder and he may retire the hat photos on our next trip)

Then there is me, your narrator, Kathy:

[​IMG]

I am an administrative assistant to a very special attorney, starting our 38th year together (I'll tell you more about just one of the many reasons he is very special just a bit later).

I love everything about Disney as well, and love to make all the plans (so far, Mark's only been truly disappointed in my planning twice...and both of those times were on this trip...more on that later as well).

When not reading about Disney or planning trips, I love to spend time with our wonderful kids -- Andy, Mark and soon to be Alisha.

Here's a little bit on each of the boys

Andy, age 26, is a wannabe teacher (still no full-time job), a high school assistant baseball coach and one of the most generous, good-hearted people I know!

[​IMG]

Andy has been dating Des for 15 months and has gone to Disney with her (and will be again on Mark's surprise 60th birthday trip):

[​IMG]

Mark, age 24, works in data systemS for an affiliate of John Deere and is an assistant high school wrestling coach; he is also engaged to our future daughter-in-law, Alisha.

[​IMG]

Alisha, our future daughter-in-law (June 2013 wedding). Alisha works at a Nursing Home as she is waitlisted for Radiology School. Things have been a little difficult at the Nursing Home and she is considering working at a Bank as she's always been good with math:

[​IMG]

The engaged couple from their engagement pictures (there is an update on the Engagement Party on my PTR):

[​IMG]

And, last but not least, our beloved Cookie (even though she didn't make the two week trip with us...Andy took very good care of her while we were gone). Cookie is a Bichon Frise and will be 15 years old in November:

[​IMG]

Up next, arrival day.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

4. kaoden39

kaoden39 <font color=peach>Prayers and pixie dust from your

I'm here!

5. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

Wait a minute, am I on the first page? I'm usually late to the party! :thumbsup2

So glad you got this started. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

6. englishrose47

englishrose47 DIS Veteran

Subbing Did I make Page 1

7. blessedmom4

blessedmom4 WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many chi

I am here!!! Great Pics!

8. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

Joining in! Can't wait to hear all about it! :goodvibes

9. wigdoutdismom

wigdoutdismom DIS Veteran

Will try to keep up!

10. jecskc

jecskc DIS Veteran

I'm here !! Yay, you started your TR !! I have looking for you to get it going !! Can't wait to read all about it !!!

11. uncw89

uncw89 DIS Veteran

Joining in!!! I'll try to keep up!

12. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

Here. trying to keep up but i keep going out of town. :lmao:

next time the laptop comes with me. ;)

13. inkedupmomma

inkedupmomma If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100

Here kat! And subbed! Woot! Looking forward to hearing everything!

14. MaryAz

MaryAz DIS Veteran

Yay, you started!!! Can't wait to follow along!

15. shan23877

shan23877 I make lists about my lists

Joining in!

Tell Mark that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. He'll always be the original funny hat guy. And also, I've gotta know what he thought of that call in the Cards/Braves game the other night and if you guys were as sad as I was to see Chipper retire. One of the true class acts. I'll miss watching him play. :sad1: And also the Triple Crown!!! October is my favorite time of year, and one of these days our Cubs will still be playing. ;)

Great pictures of the kids! My DH spent years trying to find a teaching job after college. He finally gave up and now he's in sales. It seems to be rough out there.

Anyway, can't wait to hear all about it!

16. MissPrice

MissPrice Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Joining In :)

17. emmysmommy

emmysmommy DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! You are starting the main event .... and I'm here!! Can't wait to have all the blanks filled in and enjoy the fun and excitement of your trip. :)

18. Caseheidi

Caseheidi DIS Veteran

I'm here too! Sounds interesting so far!

19. 2ofUs

2ofUs DIS Veteran

Thanks for including Ms. Cookie. We have a 13 year old Bichon named Ralph and they are terrific companions. Looking forward to reading your report.

20. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

I am here too!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

D~

21. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

Here!! Now off to read the engagement party update!