Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

It may not end up being anything, but check back on June 15th, when the state capacity restrictions drop. I don’t know how Disney is doing it, but DTD should be able to go full capacity if they wanted to. Maybe they’re waiting for that? (Probably not and it’s just Disney being Disney, but it’s the only reason I can think of on holding some back like that).

It may not end up being nothing, but check back on June 15th, when the state capacity restrictions drop. I don’t know how Disney is doing it, but DTD should be able to go full capacity if they wanted to. Maybe they’re waiting for that? (Probably not and it’s just Disney being Disney, but it’s the only reason I can think of on holding some back like that).
I could see that, but at the same time, why? Lol. Given the issues they had when dining first opened for reopening, then again when some more restaurants reopened, you'd think they wouldn't want that rush again... But, the perception of few ADRs could create a situation where lots of ADRs are snapped up, creating a good situation for them and lots of happy guests.

I'm liking the thought people are having about DLR using a 30 day dining booking. I'll still keep checking multiple times daily for my mid-July trip, but I'll get serious about checking 30 days prior and make sure I'm setting my alarm to check in the early morning. I just can't wake myself up 3am-6am every single day in the hope that Carthay and others finally open. Fingers crossed for all of us!

I just can't wake myself up 3am-6am every single day in the hope that Carthay and others finally open.

I hear that! That's just not realistic. It's just so weird since they're loading Disneyland's every day at 60 days out so why not DCA or DTD? I'm hoping they're working on increasing staffing/opening more things up (god, please open more dining!) and we'll see an abundance of things soon... wishful thinking!

I'm so glad to read that others are having issues too! I thought that all open restaurants would show their availability at 6 am EDT 60 days out. Blue Bayou was the big one I wanted for my 50th birthday on August 4, and I got that one. However, when I looked today for CA, there was nothing except GCH Craftsman Bar. I guess for now I'll take what I can get and make adjustments if more opens up. I'm really not complaining; I'm just used to how WDW reservations work. This will be our first time to DLR in 8 years. It was my almost 20 year old son's vacation request this year. We are from Tennessee, so I'm just thankful that we can get in! We are all vaccinated and ready to finally travel!!

Randomly looked for reservations for and snagged a Lamplight Lounge reservation for Wednesday June 16th. So keep checking often !
I haven't seen Lamplight yet, and I've been looking almost every day!
But it's good to hear Lamplight really does exist. I was starting to wonder!

Randomly looked for reservations for and snagged a Lamplight Lounge reservation for Wednesday June 16th. So keep checking often !
I’ve been randomly looking several times a day for my June 23-24 trip, and had just about decided I’d live off power bars for two days, but a Cafe Orleans 4:40 dinner popped up this evening! I snagged that one ASAP!

WOW: I want the LL so badly!! I can't get anything to register for LL past July 9th still! I check multiple times daily. I'm just hoping more opens up to allow for more seating. Sounds like no real trick, just pure luck as to what is available. Enjoy your time!

WOW: I want the LL so badly!! I can't get anything to register for LL past July 9th still! I check multiple times daily. I'm just hoping more opens up to allow for more seating. Sounds like no real trick, just pure luck as to what is available. Enjoy your time!
I'm sure they're coming soon... But when?!? 🤔

Anyone have issue booking this morning for the 8/7 date that opened today? I got up at 3am (yawn), saw the 7th appear available but then search results revealed NOTHING available no matter the size of the party. I doubt that every restaurant at Disney filled up as soon as the window opened.

Still cannot get anything to show up with times no matter how hard I try. I've tried the app, multiple browsers, cache clearing, incognito.

Anyone have issue booking this morning for the 8/7 date that opened today? I got up at 3am (yawn), saw the 7th appear available but then search results revealed NOTHING available no matter the size of the party. I doubt that every restaurant at Disney filled up as soon as the window opened.

Still cannot get anything to show up with times no matter how hard I try. I've tried the app, multiple browsers, cache clearing, incognito.
I haven't tried, but I have seen headlines today about some major internet outages today. Maybe that has something to do about it.

I haven't tried, but I have seen headlines today about some major internet outages today. Maybe that has something to do about it.
I have been checking every morning for now the 2nd week in a row for availability the last two weeks in July and have never seen any options but the two from GCH available.

I have been checking every morning for now the 2nd week in a row for availability the last two weeks in July and have never seen any options but the two from GCH available.
I'm sorry to hear that. Are you also checking at random times during the day in case of cancellations? I'd blow you some pixie dust if I had it, but the situation isn't looking promising. I'm hoping they open more restaurants soon or increase capacity as they adjust to the reopened situation. We're a few days out from our 60 day mark, so I'm just biding my time and biting my nails now.

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you also checking at random times during the day in case of cancellations? I'd blow you some pixie dust if I had it, but the situation isn't looking promising. I'm hoping they open more restaurants soon or increase capacity as they adjust to the reopened situation. We're a few days out from our 60 day mark, so I'm just biding my time and biting my nails now.
Thanks! Yeah, I’m checking a couple times each day. If you are headed in August I guess it’s a little better as I see the GCH options plus Cafe Orleans on random days through the first week. Good luck!

Same though just looking for july 24. And if I'm remembering correctly, no one here has found in park adrs for the last part of July right? So I don't think it's an issue of someone cancelling.

This was posted in the Disneyland Update article on MC today:

"The following restaurants have just announced re-opening dates:
Oga’s Cantina will open on June 17 with bookings available June 14
Lamplight Lounge Brunch opens July 9 with bookings available June 14. (Friday, Saturday, Sunday Brunch only.)
Tiki Juice Bar (mobile order available) – Opening June 17
Docking Bay Food & Cargo (mobile order available) – Opening June 17
Alien Pizza Planet (mobile order available) – Opening June 17
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante – Opening June 17
Candy Palace – Currently making Nuttles (chopped pecan pieces layered with freshly made caramel with a dollop of milk chocolate on top) on Monday and Friday
Candy Palace – Currently making Rocky Road (mix of milk chocolate, chopped almonds, and house-made marshmallows in a small pie tin) on Saturdays"

The "bookings available June 14th" is definitely a key piece of information! I will be waking myself at 3:00am on that particular morning.

I hope that once those open okay, Carnation and Fisherman's Wharf and bread factory can open as well. Once those open..... everything I love is good to go!!!!

I would say this is subtle message that yes they will be raising attendance and that social distancing will be become a thing of the past.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter