• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Is the timeline for when reservations open up each day still at 3AM? I've never had to plan to get reservations the moment they've dropped like this so trying to remember what time they actually 'go live.' I plan on setting an alarm and waking up to do mine when my dates open up in a few days...

Is the timeline for when reservations open up each day still at 3AM? I've never had to plan to get reservations the moment they've dropped like this so trying to remember what time they actually 'go live.' I plan on setting an alarm and waking up to do mine when my dates open up in a few days...

I looked last night before I slept at 12AM EST and reservations for July 30th was not open. I woke up this morning at 6AM EST/3AM PST and July 30th was now open.

So that 3am PST should be good when you're looking for your reservations.

Apparently if you leave DL on a hopper and it hits capacity, you can’t get back in. So some people are worried about that.
Oh wow, that stinks. I'd be worried too. Has that actually happened? Have people with hoppers been denied entry to DL or DCA after selecting the other as their first park?

Oh wow, that stinks. I'd be worried too. Has that actually happened? Have people with hoppers been denied entry to DL or DCA after selecting the other as their first park?
Yes, it happened at least one day that DCA hoppers couldn’t enter DL starting around 2, and some people who’d left DL couldn’t get back in. Saw it on social media and heard from a CM. They issued refunds for the hopper upcharge (which they didn’t have to do), but a lot of people were pretty bummed.

Yes, it happened at least one day that DCA hoppers couldn’t enter DL starting around 2, and some people who’d left DL couldn’t get back in. Saw it on social media and heard from a CM. They issued refunds for the hopper upcharge (which they didn’t have to do), but a lot of people were pretty bummed.
Thanks. All of my reservation days are DL because there's only 3 rides I want to do at DCA.

If someone has a reservation for DL for the day, it doesn't seem fair if they aren't allowed back in. WDW informs guests on the app if hopping is available at each park, does the DL app do the same?

If someone has a reservation for DL for the day, it doesn't seem fair if they aren't allowed back in. WDW informs guests on the app if hopping is available at each park, does the DL app do the same?

I doubt people weren’t allowed in for more than an hour or else it would have been big news. If a park is at capacity, they let people in as people leave.

I looked last night before I slept at 12AM EST and reservations for July 30th was not open. I woke up this morning at 6AM EST/3AM PST and July 30th was now open.

So that 3am PST should be good when you're looking for your reservations.

That 3am PST thing is annoying to me. (Even though I already have our dining reservations, and therefore have no right to complain, haha.) When I last got dining reservations (May 18 I think?) for Storytellers and Blue Bayou, it was definitely 6am PST. I understood having to get up for 4am and 3am stuff when I was booking WDW, which is on the east coast. Why is DLR stuff on east coast time, too??

I have not heard of anyone not being let back into the park they reserved or even park hopping back and forth. If you have a reservation.. you are counted into the main park you started with so you always be allowed back there.

What day was this?

That 3am PST thing is annoying to me. (Even though I already have our dining reservations, and therefore have no right to complain, haha.) When I last got dining reservations (May 18 I think?) for Storytellers and Blue Bayou, it was definitely 6am PST. I understood having to get up for 4am and 3am stuff when I was booking WDW, which is on the east coast. Why is DLR stuff on east coast time, too??

It's rough too because if you're staying on-site at WDW you can at least only have to wake up in the middle of the night once to get all your dining... for Disneyland you have to do it every night for each day! Hoping once they can increase restaurant capacity this changes... but don't want to take any chances so guess I'll be setting alarms...

I don't remember DLR reservations ever being at 3am PT. I think they were 6 or 8 PT before. Is that new post-Covid? Makes no sense.

I don't remember DLR reservations ever being at 3am PT. I think they were 6 or 8 PT before. Is that new post-Covid? Makes no sense.

You know, there was never the crazy crush to get dining reservations before covid so I never set an alarm- I just made them when I woke up and was always good to go.... I just saw folks on facebook groups saying 3AM. I'd love to know for sure if anyone knows!

You know, there was never the crazy crush to get dining reservations before covid so I never set an alarm- I just made them when I woke up and was always good to go.... I just saw folks on facebook groups saying 3AM. I'd love to know for sure if anyone knows!
It was 6am on May 18th for Storytellers and Blue Bayou, and I had no trouble doing 6am for Lamplight and River Belle before that. In the "before times" there wasn't such a crazy rush, so I never knew either.

Micechat is saying 3am now, and they're pretty reliable. I guess this is a really recent thing, maybe since they announced opening to out of state visitors too?

It was 6am on May 18th for Storytellers and Blue Bayou, and I had no trouble doing 6am for Lamplight and River Belle before that. In the "before times" there wasn't such a crazy rush, so I never knew either.

Micechat is saying 3am now, and they're pretty reliable. I guess this is a really recent thing, maybe since they announced opening to out of state visitors too?

Well, I make my reservations in a few days so I'll report back! I might just (sigh) wake up for the 3AM (4AM my time...) to check just to calm my paranoia of missing out on our favorites. You'd think at 60 days out that they'd know they're going to be able to increase restaurant capacity and release enough reservations based on that...?

Well, I make my reservations in a few days so I'll report back! I might just (sigh) wake up for the 3AM (4AM my time...) to check just to calm my paranoia of missing out on our favorites. You'd think at 60 days out that they'd know they're going to be able to increase restaurant capacity and release enough reservations based on that...?
It's definitely not fun to have to do 3am multiple days in a row! I wish you luck getting the reservations you want. Hopefully those early wake ups are worth it!

If it helps, this morning at 6AM EST/ 3AM PST, I woke up and saw reservations open for July 30th. (They weren't open just 6 hours prior when I went to sleep).

At 9AM EST/ 6AM PST, there were still plenty of Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans time slots for Disneyland.

At 12PM EST/ 9AM PST, most all the Blue Bayou reservations were gone. Only one remained mid-afternoon.

I checked the app one more time at 9PM EST/ 6PM PST and all the Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans reservations were gone.

Based on that, using west coast time, if you wake up at 3AM PST, you'll be able to reserve any time slot you wanted. If you sleep in and wait till 6AM PST, you'll still have a good majority of options.

Although I wouldn't wait too much longer as all the prime slots get taken quickly there after.

I thought the downtown restaurants were also opening up for reservations 60 days before? Is that not the case? We're going Aug 4-7

Also, anyone know how big of a group I can make a reservation for? Hoping to make a reservation for 11 people at Tortilla Jo's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter