Halloween on the Magic 2013

Hi someone on the fb noticed the 11/1 cruisers have been assigned gty room #'s but 10/27 have not. There's some worry that ours may be cancelled. IMO there's no way DCL would have booked cancelled 10/20 cruisers on 10/27 if there was even a chance it might be cancelled. What do you guys think?

I don't think the XGT's will see any room assignments until after this weekend and DCL has a good feel as to what the displaced cruisers are switching to. With our cruise being the first 5-nighter after the cancelled cruise, they are probably trying to move as many as possible (or that would like to) onto this cruise.

I talked to DCL today to add a couple of ppl to my cabin on the 10/25 cruise and I was assured that THIS and the 10/25 cruise WOULD HAPPEN! So, I believe that we'll be a GO!

The cancellation of the 10/20 cruise has left them all scrambling. I asked about my room assignment for 10/25 and he thought they'd be up tomorrow, so hoping all you guys get yours then too!

As this is my first FE, do you put your name on the FE gifts or is it anonymous? I know I would prefer to know who sent them so I could thank them but I'm wondering if somebody can tell me what the protocol is? x

I talked to DCL today to add a couple of ppl to my cabin on the 10/25 cruise and I was assured that THIS and the 10/25 cruise WOULD HAPPEN! So, I believe that we'll be a GO!

The cancellation of the 10/20 cruise has left them all scrambling. I asked about my room assignment for 10/25 and he thought they'd be up tomorrow, so hoping all you guys get yours then too!

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you (and everyone else) will be good to go on the 25th. Hate to see them cancel another one.

Would love to get our room assignment tomorrow, but will be o.k. with Tuesday. We fly Wednesday and want to know before we leave. Don't think we'll get lucky with an "A" room this time (33 were available before the cancellation). Unfortunately there were 5 "D" rooms that came up about a week before the cancellation. Have a feeling we'll be on Deck 1 (which we anticipated as we always plan for the lowest category when booking XGT). I'm just happy that we'll be sailing.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you (and everyone else) will be good to go on the 25th. Hate to see them cancel another one.

Would love to get our room assignment tomorrow, but will be o.k. with Tuesday. We fly Wednesday and want to know before we leave. Don't think we'll get lucky with an "A" room this time (33 were available before the cancellation). Unfortunately there were 5 "D" rooms that came up about a week before the cancellation. Have a feeling we'll be on Deck 1 (which we anticipated as we always plan for the lowest category when booking XGT). I'm just happy that we'll be sailing.

We also booked IGT and anxiously awaiting our assignment. If helps at all we have been on Deck 1 before (in an O/V) and I think will be fine if we are there again.

MJ

As this is my first FE, do you put your name on the FE gifts or is it anonymous? I know I would prefer to know who sent them so I could thank them but I'm wondering if somebody can tell me what the protocol is? x

Whatever you feel comfortable with! I'm sure you'll receive gifts both ways. We've always put a 'from' on ours because I think it's nice to know and I like to thank someone, especially for those extra special things!

It's a personal choice. Some people label and some don't.

We also booked IGT and anxiously awaiting our assignment. If helps at all we have been on Deck 1 before (in an O/V) and I think will be fine if we are there again.

MJ

I think location wise, the 9D would be good (mid-ship, similar to the 9B's), just hope the 2 small windows aren't too bad (use to the large one and never had the two small).

For your IGT, before last week, you may have gotten one of those 9D rooms or better. Not sure if you will now. Depends on what is still available after this weekend.

We'll just be glad when in a week from right now we are sitting in Keys enjoying our first night on the ship. :cool1:

There's a family on the FB group who is also a displaced cruiser and would like to be added to the FE list if it's not too late :) She knows the "deal" and here is her info:

Durgana Family...2 rooms but we'll give as 1!! Mom Linda, Dad Trevor, 2 boys Justin 21 & Tyler 14....no room assignment yet

That's entirely up to you. We've done it both ways, and I prefer to add our names.

There's a family on the FB group who is also a displaced cruiser and would like to be added to the FE list if it's not too late :) She knows the "deal" and here is her info:

Durgana Family...2 rooms but we'll give as 1!! Mom Linda, Dad Trevor, 2 boys Justin 21 & Tyler 14....no room assignment yet

I've added them to the FE list.:cool1:

I think it has finally set it!! Whoooo whooooo!! Can't wait to set sail! Two questions for everyone (Ill post on Dis too), 1) are you putting your names or Dis names on your FE gifts? Last time I did not but noticed several did so maybe I should? 2) How many are planning to deliver candy to the FE kids? I'm going to shop for candy tonight and make the bags!

Bags are mostly packed! I just have to finish that up tonight, and print the cruise contract and all that stuff. I can't wait to set sail!

In answer to the OP regarding names on FE. We just put our first names on it this time.

Last call for Mixology!

Our DIS Group has a reservation for 10/30 (sea day) from 2:30-3:30pm in The Keys for a private Mixology class. $15 per person.

I'll be getting DCL a final list tomorrow at 10am EST - current list is at 38 people! If anyone wants to join, please let me know. Will need your full name & reservation number - you can PM to me, or I will send you link to spreadsheet in PM to add yourself.

Thnlk - I sent you a PM for your info - let me know if you can join us!

We have improvised a small gift for all on the latecomers list - I feel so bad that so many people were misplaced, and I'm impressed so many of you have such a positive attitude about your shifting plans! Hoping we can make the trip a bit brighter :)

My to-do list seems to be growing instead of shrinking! Have to pack the fun stuff (fish extenders, costumes, lanyards, etc.) while the kids are in bed since it's still a surprise for them. And I just realized this week their Disney shirts have had a little TOO much love and they need new ones... while the sewing machine is broken and I don't have time to fix it. Finishing the final touches tonight on FE gifts and making some quick kid shirts, packing starts in earnest tomorrow, cannot WAIT to set sail on Sunday!!!

Hi,
My family and my brother's family would love to get in on the group going on the Disney Magic Halloween cruise. We plan to bring stuff to distribute and will have 3 staterooms with fish extenders. What info do you need from us so we can participate! Really looking forward to this cruise!
Melanie McGrogan

Hi,
My family and my brother's family would love to get in on the group going on the Disney Magic Halloween cruise. We plan to bring stuff to distribute and will have 3 staterooms with fish extenders. What info do you need from us so we can participate! Really looking forward to this cruise!
Melanie McGrogan

I'll add you to the late commers list. Just send me a pm with your info. Names, room numbers, any allergies/special notes, ages & gender for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter