Halloween on the Magic 2013

My husband and I are cruising on the October 27th 5 night out of Miami. Who else is cruising with us?!

Hi! Could you add us to the FE? I couldn't' open the link. There are 4 of us.
Me-Cathy
DH-Dennis
DD-Delaney celebrating her 7th bday Oct. 28th
DD-Reagan-4

Thank you! Please let me know if there is anything I need to know. This will be our second DCL cruise!

Hi! I am interested in a Facebook page if there is one. Inonlybuse my phone for the Internet and Facebook is easier in it. I tried to find it but couldn't. Thank you so much!
Shannon

We just booked the cruise, please let me know if a FB page has been started!

Thanks!

Not sure if anyone already put together a meet/greet roster, and I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds. I went through this board and started a list of the families on the cruise - feel free to add or remove any information you'd like. Would everyone like to get together for a meet/greet upon boarding? On our last Magic cruise we met in the Promenade Lounge before sailaway and it was great to get to meet everyone at once!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjGfeZ7roRZAdGhWVVprTVJyM2V3VkJsRVRKTF9XU1E&usp=sharing

1. How many DCL have you been on? This is our 4th. First was 2/2012 and we were instantly addicted! As a family we cruised on 3 other lines before DCL and it's hard to go back! This is our 2nd!

2. For those who have cruised on DCL (or any cruise) during Halloween - was the ship crowded? We've never cruised during Halloween but are really excited too! Hven't been during Halloween

3. Cozumel - any suggestions for excursions for a 5 year old? We've done Cozumel a few times with young kids. I think our favorites have been either staying on the ship and enjoying it less crowded and then just walking around a bit for souvenirs/food, OR - we hired a cab to take us around the island, saw historical sites, beautiful beaches, local markets, the whole deal - and still had time to enjoy some frozen drinks by the yard at Carlos & Charlie's. I think if you asked my kids - the drinks were probably their favorite part. (Ok, if you asked my husband, he'd probably agree.)

4. Is anyone looking to get a cabana on Castaway Cay? I'd consider it if one was available. We love CC and have never felt like we needed it to spend money to have an amazing day. That being said - our DCL-loving friends say it's an absolute MUST to try.

5. Also, my DD who is typically an introvert and enjoys hanging out with adults more than children strayed away from the kids club last cruise; however, after seeing the final show with the kids performing she has been eager to give it a shot. Anyone else with girls about 5 or 6 aboard? My daughter will be 6 1/2! She's not super outgoing with new folks but does well with the kids club. I was nervous she wouldn't be into the show last cruise but LOVED IT! I have a 6 year old turning 7 on the cruise girl and a 4 year old girl!

6. Where is everyone from? Brunswick GA (well that's where we live now!)

7. If you have participated in FE in the past, what was your favorite you have received and/or given? We've done the FE 3 times. Favorite gifts - rum (I swear we're not alcoholics), lanyards/pins, coasters, nice pens, notepads, door magnets, a nice cup, sprinkles for ice cream onboard.
(Magnetns, ornaments, anything but the $ store type stuff!)

Hi, are there any rules to the FE on this cruise? After a certain # of rooms will we split into 2 list (asking because that's what we did on the last DCL cruise)?

Does anyone know/can speculate as to what night will be pirate night? Night 3 maybe?

Hi everyone! It's me again.
Haven't heard any response from anyone with regards to the Facebook page.
I made a facebook page for our cruise. It can be found by searching in Facebook the following:
Disney Magic 10/27/2013

I am going on the Fantasy May 18th sailing in a couple of weeks and we developed a large facebook page where everyone seems to gather for most conversations.
When this groups FE list gets completed I'd love to post it on the page, as it is a closed group only for these members (which allows all personal information to be kept between members only)

If you have problems finding the facebook page, you can private message me on here for help.

Hope to see you all there!

Hi! I'm trying to find it now! I just booked today, our last cruise had a great FB page too!

OK so Ladies and Gentlemen I'm starting my FE gifts and I need a little help. For anybody doing the FE can you please let me know:
1. If they're are any allergies?
2. The favourite character of the people in your party?

Pretty please? Thanks, Debs x

starlightprincess said:
OK so Ladies and Gentlemen I'm starting my FE gifts and I need a little help. For anybody doing the FE can you please let me know:
1. If they're are any allergies?
2. The favourite character of the people in your party?

Pretty please? Thanks, Debs x

Hi! Trying to get on tge fe list. No Allergies, and Mickey I think would be the fav followed by belle and ariel!

Hi, are there any rules to the FE on this cruise? After a certain # of rooms will we split into 2 list (asking because that's what we did on the last DCL cruise)?

As this is my first FE i don't really know how it would work, at the moment there are about 50 people signed up for the FE (plus however many are in your party) so is that a large number that usually gets split? xx

Thanks for this I just added!! Thank you! Any rules I should know about? We had so much fun doing the fe last time!

No that I know about. I'm thinking of doing some homemade gifts as well as sunglasses for the kids opinions? as my first FE I'm trying to see what qualifies as a "good FE gift" iykwim LOL x

starlightprincess said:
No that I know about. I'm thinking of doing some homemade gifts as well as sunglasses for the kids opinions? as my first FE I'm trying to see what qualifies as a "good FE gift" iykwim LOL x

The homemade gifts we received were the best!

HI!! IM just checking in to say hello! Im the one that started the FB page but I guess it cant be found... Here is what it is called...

Disney Magic 10/27/2013

:)

I love that you started a group list!! Thank you!!!!

We have done the FE in the past and are doing it again and my kids LOVE it!! We loved all of it because it was really about the surprise of it all!! My kids loved coming back to the room.

Not sure if anyone already put together a meet/greet roster, and I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds. I went through this board and started a list of the families on the cruise - feel free to add or remove any information you'd like. Would everyone like to get together for a meet/greet upon boarding? On our last Magic cruise we met in the Promenade Lounge before sailaway and it was great to get to meet everyone at once!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjGfeZ7roRZAdGhWVVprTVJyM2V3VkJsRVRKTF9XU1E&usp=sharing

1. How many DCL have you been on? This is our 4th. First was 2/2012 and we were instantly addicted! As a family we cruised on 3 other lines before DCL and it's hard to go back!

2. For those who have cruised on DCL (or any cruise) during Halloween - was the ship crowded? We've never cruised during Halloween but are really excited too!

3. Cozumel - any suggestions for excursions for a 5 year old? We've done Cozumel a few times with young kids. I think our favorites have been either staying on the ship and enjoying it less crowded and then just walking around a bit for souvenirs/food, OR - we hired a cab to take us around the island, saw historical sites, beautiful beaches, local markets, the whole deal - and still had time to enjoy some frozen drinks by the yard at Carlos & Charlie's. I think if you asked my kids - the drinks were probably their favorite part. (Ok, if you asked my husband, he'd probably agree.)

4. Is anyone looking to get a cabana on Castaway Cay? I'd consider it if one was available. We love CC and have never felt like we needed it to spend money to have an amazing day. That being said - our DCL-loving friends say it's an absolute MUST to try.

5. Also, my DD who is typically an introvert and enjoys hanging out with adults more than children strayed away from the kids club last cruise; however, after seeing the final show with the kids performing she has been eager to give it a shot. Anyone else with girls about 5 or 6 aboard? My daughter will be 6 1/2! She's not super outgoing with new folks but does well with the kids club. I was nervous she wouldn't be into the show last cruise but LOVED IT!

6. Where is everyone from? the Tampa area

7. If you have participated in FE in the past, what was your favorite you have received and/or given? We've done the FE 3 times. Favorite gifts - rum (I swear we're not alcoholics), lanyards/pins, coasters, nice pens, notepads, door magnets, a nice cup, sprinkles for ice cream onboard.

Thank you for doing this!!

At the moment I don't anticipate creating a second list. We've had FE lists with 75+ rooms and not split it. On our cruise in April we had one list with about 35-40 rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter