Halloween on the Magic 2013

Just moved a dummy date to this cruise and so excited!!! We decided to surprise the kids... Not sure my husband believes I can keep quiet that long (JCFromTB below = my better half)! It will be myself and the husband, our 6 year old daughter and 5 year old son.

We had promised each other no more Disney cruises for awhile while we save for an Alaskan cruise/tour next summer. But we just can't... Stay... Away!! Our first DCL was in February 2012 and this will be our 4th.

Welcome to the cruise!! Don't worry...you're not the only DCL addicts. We took my first cruise (my husband's second) in May 2010 and this cruise will be my 10th! There are worse addictions out there!

Not sure if anyone already put together a meet/greet roster, and I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds. I went through this board and started a list of the families on the cruise - feel free to add or remove any information you'd like. Would everyone like to get together for a meet/greet upon boarding? On our last Magic cruise we met in the Promenade Lounge before sailaway and it was great to get to meet everyone at once!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjGfeZ7roRZAdGhWVVprTVJyM2V3VkJsRVRKTF9XU1E&usp=sharing

Not a problem! I got caught up in work stuff so I wasn't able to create a roster yet, and it's been fairly quiet so I hadn't really pushed the meet and greet yet. I'm game for the meet up--Promenade lounge sounds good to me. I'll have to find out when the DVC meet is, so that we don't schedule our meet during their meet.

We signed up for Brunch, Stingrays on CC and the horseback tour in Cozumel.

I wonder if they'll have character breakfasts on the cruise? I think there has to be 3 sea days but can't entirely recall.

Sounds like you signed up for alot of fun things! I was told before that it has to be at least a 7 day cruise so I don't think it will have a character breakfast. We are probably just go to do little shopping in Cozumel and enjoy a less crowded ship. At CC we always enjoy snorkeling and bike riding and each other on the beach.

Can't start booking until 7/29. Plan on booking salsa and salsa but tell the wife I booked something else. She will be very surprised that I was willing to dance

We have had a bunch of family in town. That always gets things crazy. But then things got off to the races. Here is the short version:

It began when my mother-in-law started talking to my sister-in-law about the cruise. Pretty soon she (SiL) said she wanted to go.... this may have something to do with my MiL sort of offering to pay. Now considering the amount of time that was left and all the things that needed to be done, this started to create some pandaemonium.

Pretty soon, the rational planner in me said "maybe we should get a good ballpark on cost". So I turned into my alter ego "Mr Spreadsheet". My family always thinks it is funny when I use it, but I have found it is the quickest way to figure out stuff like this.

Pretty soon we had determined the cost. Boy it is funny how fast the money adds up when you take everything into account for a family of 6 (cross-country plane tix, cruise rooms, tips, excursions, passports, etc). When the dust cleared and sticker shock settled in, my MiL had to recuse the offer. Not that anyone blamed her, though there was some disappointment. In a moment of exuberance, she forgot that the cost of 2 from Virginia to Florida was going to be a LOT cheaper then 6 from the west coast.

So that is my near miss story of how our trip almost ballooned into a huge multi-family gathering.

HI guys!!!

We just booked this cruise today!!! It will be myself (Gina), DH and our 2.5 year old son. We went on our first Disney Cruise in March on the Wonder after being loyal royal caribbean sailors. Well...we are hooked and can't wait to be on this cruise. Oh yea, we live in Ft. Lauderdale, so we will drive down the day of. :)

We are also signing up for the FE!

We went on our first Disney Cruise in March on the Wonder after being loyal royal caribbean sailors.

We were on the Wonder in March, too! On 3/25 - were you guys on the same cruise?

Welcome!

We're still trying to decide about the FE. I've never NOT done it, but since the kids are going to be surprised by this cruise I thought we'd pass. My husband thinks I'll be bummed when we get on board and the kids miss out on it... We'll see. I guess I could ask now, just in case - does anyone have any food allergies or aversion to alcoholic gifts?

I have never ridden a horse before. My wife asked which I would rather do, ride the horse or dance. We are riding horses. :rotfl:

Wish I could convince my husband of this one too, but our last horseback riding excursion, although nice, was nothin exciting.

HI guys!!!

We just booked this cruise today!!! It will be myself (Gina), DH and our 2.5 year old son. We went on our first Disney Cruise in March on the Wonder after being loyal royal caribbean sailors. Well...we are hooked and can't wait to be on this cruise. Oh yea, we live in Ft. Lauderdale, so we will drive down the day of. :)

We are also signing up for the FE!

Welcome to the cruise!!!

LeahMichl-We we're on the 3/2 one. :-)

No allergies here and LOVE me some alcohol on vacation! :laughing:

We're planning a 3 nighter on the Dream in April for our son's 3rd birthday and won't do the FE then.

Yee Ha Just paid off our cruise today:cool1: couple more weeks we can book activities.

Small world! We had booked this cruise earlier on the EBTA in May, but have been so busy after we got back, I just decided to jump on and say a quick Hi! to everyone!

Thnlk, we'll be cruising the PC in 2014 together too I think! :) So we can maybe get to know each other a bit before this cruise....

Looking forward to seeing the changes in the Magic after her dry dock is one of the main reasons we're going but being on for Halloween sounded too fun too!

Cya real soon (man, just over 3 mos and I know it's going to fly by!)

Thnlk, we'll be cruising the PC in 2014 together too I think! :) So we can maybe get to know each other a bit before this cruise....

That's cool we have never started a cruise knowing somebody. I have been looking forward to the PC 2014 for a long time

When do FE sign-ups close for this cruise? :-)

I will close the list one month prior to the cruise. However, if anyone wishes to join later, they may do so with the prior knowledge that people purchased/made gifts based on the closing date's numbers.

That's cool we have never started a cruise knowing somebody. I have been looking forward to the PC 2014 for a long time

We're thinking about doing a PC next year. Which one are you guys cruising?

100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS 100 DAYS :banana::banana::banana::banana::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

We're thinking about doing a PC next year. Which one are you guys cruising?

Going on the eastbound in September. Prices haven't changed much yet from when we booked this winter.

Work is over now it's time to leave and go see Sir Paul McCartney in concert:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter