Halloween Fantasy On The High Seas - Eastern October 24th 2015

Hello, I'm Jenn and will be cruising with my DH-Paul, DS-Nolan (11), and DS-Carter (9). This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise, but our first on the Fantasy. Very glad you've posted some info already on this cruise regarding what nights are formal, semi-formal ect! Thank you! I do have a few questions I'd like to ask if anyone can help. Wondering if anyone has been to St. Maarten before and can give me any advice on how to see the island. Perhaps a rental car may be my best best, but I'm just not sure. I would like to take the boys to Maho beach to see the airplanes! Second, I would like to get my 2 DS in to Pirates League in the BBB, if anyone has done this before; do you have advice on a good time to book the appointment? If I understand this correctly, we will be in St. Maarten on Pirate Party day . . . I think :) Thanks for any help in advance and nice to meet everyone!

ps: very silly question given the title of this forum, but just to be sure this cruise WILL be included in the Halloween on the High Seas events correct? I was very excited to try a Halloween cruise since we previously went on a Christmas one, but when I called to check on this, the representative could not confirm this given the date was so far in advance. I would think it would be! Probably a dumb question! Thanks!:)

hi everyone!

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We are very excited! It will be myself (Dana), husband (Brian), and 3 daughters (Elianna 10, Cailyn 9 and Ashtyn 7) traveling with us.

We just went on a Halloween cruise to the western Caribean in 2014, so we are very excited to do it again!

Welcome!! :sail:

Hello, I'm Jenn and will be cruising with my DH-Paul, DS-Nolan (11), and DS-Carter (9). This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise, but our first on the Fantasy. Very glad you've posted some info already on this cruise regarding what nights are formal, semi-formal ect! Thank you! I do have a few questions I'd like to ask if anyone can help. Wondering if anyone has been to St. Maarten before and can give me any advice on how to see the island. Perhaps a rental car may be my best best, but I'm just not sure. I would like to take the boys to Maho beach to see the airplanes! Second, I would like to get my 2 DS in to Pirates League in the BBB, if anyone has done this before; do you have advice on a good time to book the appointment? If I understand this correctly, we will be in St. Maarten on Pirate Party day . . . I think :) Thanks for any help in advance and nice to meet everyone!

ps: very silly question given the title of this forum, but just to be sure this cruise WILL be included in the Halloween on the High Seas events correct? I was very excited to try a Halloween cruise since we previously went on a Christmas one, but when I called to check on this, the representative could not confirm this given the date was so far in advance. I would think it would be! Probably a dumb question! Thanks!:)

Hi Jenn,
I've been looking around on sites about the Halloween events on the DCL ships and from what I've read every cruise from some point on from September until the end of October will have Halloween celebrations including trick or treating. So that will include ours:thumbsup2
I read one post about it here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=52805072&postcount=4
Also, read a bit more at this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3348521&highlight=halloween

One other interesting thing I found was a cruise meet group that knew that there might not have been enough trick-or-treating for their kids on board so had folks in their group sign up for a preset time to go to rooms that signed up for trick-or-treating. Cool idea:goodvibes

Check out this article about some additional offerings at Remy. The dessert tasting and seasonal truffle experience aren't really new - those were being offered in 2014 - but the small plate event on the first cruise night is new and could be a good way for anyone who's unsure about the Remy dining experience to give it a try for a little less money.

We already are planning to do the first night small plate tasting just for something new; we will also be booking at least one brunch and one dinner at Remy as well. NOM NOM NOM!!

http://dclnews.com/2015/01/08/disney-cruise-line-expands-collection-of-premium-culinary-offerings-at-remy/

Very cool, but for me I could only be eating the desserts:(

Dragon and friends - Please add me and my family to the group of Fish Extenders group. :grouphug:

I just let him know that you want to join as I know he's not on here as much as I am. He will probably message you directly for more information and then I'll add you into the list that he's been creating.

You could private message him directly but being new I wasn't sure you knew how.
On the previous page, 34, he posted (Dragon 1165) and if you left click on his screen name it will give you options, one being to send a private message.

But otherwise, don't worry, he or I will be getting you on that list:goodvibes

dismom2boys21, Danamichael44, and Lisajaye......

:welcome: Always more fun with more folks on here to chat with:jumping1:

I've added whatever information you've given so far on our who's going list on the first post in this thread:goodvibes

Oh you know theres always going to be doubts in the back of the mind.."should I wait a little while?". She started thinking if she works just a couple more months she'd qualify for her companies bonus in January. We just leased that place for the 1st year because we're still going to be searching to make sure that's where we want our winter home to be. So worst case we'd head down right after News Years. But im trying hard to get her to just leave in Oct! I think she's worried she may get sick of old Underdog 24 hrs a day.:rolleyes1

Good idea to just lease the place until you're sure. :thumbsup2
Man, I could go now. Work has been :headache: and there seems to be no
good place to move into in our company.

Mikey, how could anyone ever get sick of you?
You and Robin are golden together!:hug:

Thank you for the info!!! I really appreciate that! So excited for this cruise, wish we could fast forward time!

Greetings!

I recently changed over to this cruise from the 11/14 cruise for various reasons (mainly because it was easier to take time off work during 10/24) so I'm excited to be here.

I will be on this cruise with my wife + mother in law + 3 kids. This will be my 4th Disney cruise (I think) and 7th cruise overall. My last 3 have all been on the Disney Wonder so we are all excited to try a new bigger ship.

I am already on the FE group so that should be a lot of fun as well.

We plan to spend a few days in Orlando before and after the cruise to go to the parks and relax a bit more.

We are originally from Southern California (hence my username) but moved to Seattle a few years ago so live up in the PNW now.

RVD.

Hi, I am Dawn and will be cursing with my DH Jon. This is our second Disney cruise. Who do I contact to join the post card exchange? I did the FE on our last cruise and had a blast. I want to try something new.

My DH and I have eaten at Remy and Palo on the Fantasy. Remy is very French and the meal was wonderful. Remy’s Chef Arnaud, recipient of three Michelin stars and now named “Chef of the Year” by his peers for 2014. There are 2 menus to choose from. My husband had one and I the other and we shared some of the items.

We plan to spend a few days in Orlando before and after the cruise to go to the parks and relax a bit more.

We're also thinking of visiting WDW before the cruise for a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I'm debating on whether to dress up for the party AND on the ship... maybe wear our pirate gear to MNSSHP?

Also - does anyone have a link to the Halloween Navigators from this year, so I can get a feel for what types of activities they had?

Thanks!

Thanks Rose!! Yep, we are a couple of DINKS! Lol!

We are JoAnn and Joe. Not really celebrating anything. Our anniversary is 9/6 and my bday is 11/28, so kinda in between. I guess we will be celebrating being on a cruise! :)

My friend Quiltteddy wants to move here too! Lol! I like that it is about 60 degrees today in NC. Although I bet it's even warmer in the Caribbean! Can't wait to get there!

We're thinking about checking in at Disney for a couple nights before the cruise. Hoping to stay at Bay Lake if possible. Fingers crossed!! :wizard:

Hi!
Welcome!:welcome:

Another couple with no kids. DINK's used to be the word back in
the 80's, I think. I'm showing my age, huh?:rotfl:

I've also added you and hubby to our main page.... care to share names or
a special celebration?

Lucky you from NC! One of the places I'd like to consider moving to
when I finally get to retire! Four seasons still but MUCH less snow!:yay::goodvibes

Rose

Hi all! I'm Jessi! Just found this and am SO excited. Just finalized with our travel agent and we will be booking tomorrow! This is our very first cruise, Disney or otherwise. It will be me and the husband, Bryan, and three boys, Jackson (13), Aidan (12) and Beau (10)! Serious newbie here. ANY AND ALL advise/tips/tricks would be appreciated!!

:banana:

Sorry all newcomers that I've been off here a bit to update and
add you to FE or PC exchanges.

But welcome!:goodvibes

I'm going through a bit of a situation that has my mind away from this
but I promise I will get you guys added to the first page lists and
added to the exchanges.

:welcome:

Hi all! I'm Jessi! Just found this and am SO excited. Just finalized with our travel agent and we will be booking tomorrow! This is our very first cruise, Disney or otherwise. It will be me and the husband, Bryan, and three boys, Jackson (13), Aidan (12) and Beau (10)! Serious newbie here. ANY AND ALL advise/tips/tricks would be appreciated!!

:banana:

Welcome aboard! :sail:

We're heading down to WDW tonight for a Disney fix and visit my Mom who spends the winters in Clearwater!:woohoo::dance3:
See everyone in 9 days!

Sorry all newcomers that I've been off here a bit to update and
add you to FE or PC exchanges.

But welcome!:goodvibes

I'm going through a bit of a situation that has my mind away from this
but I promise I will get you guys added to the first page lists and
added to the exchanges.

:welcome:

:hug::grouphug::grouphug:

I've been off these boards for a while, I know that we've been calling this the Halloween Fantasy on the High Seas, Right?

I'm thinking about making a cool cruise graphic and have been looking for inspiration. I'll go with that title unless someone has a better one.

Put together a cruise graphic today. I can make a full resolution version available to any who want it. Jessica Rabbit, BTW, is a joke amongst some of us who had cruise together previously.

Attachments

• DCLBlog_DSC_2407And13more-Edit_Disney-Fantasy-Lobby-Atrium-from-Deck-3-500x332 copy.jpg
    DCLBlog_DSC_2407And13more-Edit_Disney-Fantasy-Lobby-Atrium-from-Deck-3-500x332 copy.jpg
    618.5 KB · Views: 21

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter