Halloween Fantasy On The High Seas - Eastern October 24th 2015

3 weeks from tomorrow we'll be heading down to Florida for a little R & R. :wizard: A few days with my Mom in Clearwater and 5 days at WDW!:thumbsup2

Sure hope it warms up down there!!

We're flying into Orlando on the Wednesday before the cruise - will be staying at Saratoga Springs but not planning to visit the parks at all. We just want to hang at the pool and check out some of the new offerings at Downtown Disney.

Headed nowhere but home after the cruise. All good things must end ... :sad2:

What's everyone's plans before or after the cruise?

We'll fly in the night before the cruise and most likely stay somewhere near port, not sure where yet.

Then, we're planning on staying at WDW until the Thursday after we get back from our cruise.
I'm dying to do the Food and Wine at Epcot one day and then one day doing a Backstage Magic tour.

Luckily, Bob is game, as he really would much rather be hiking, camping, fishing.... :rolleyes:

BTW ... Jay and I are also Dorks!

DINKs and Dorks are two of my favorite people combinations!! :rotfl2:

Hi guys. Back on DISBoards after a busy christmas.

We'll be arriving in Orlando on the Thursday before the cruise, spending two nights at the Hyatt MCO. We really liked the idea of being able to leave our bags in the room and see them next in our stateroom - sounds much easier with the 2 kids (age 4 and 2). While we are there we might take the bus to Florida Mall to squeeze in some shopping.

After the cruise we have 21 nights at disneys Port Orleans Riverside (our favourite resort). We got free dining as part of our package. I'm a bit worried about our waste lines after a 7 day cruise and 21 days of DDP. Will have to bring the stretchy pants. Now 21 days sounds like a long time, I guess it is, but since we are travelling so far we wanted to stay awhile. Also, with a two year old we'll be heading back to the room for midday sleeps, so our time will be filled with half days at the parks. So we wanted a longer trip to fit everything in. Our previous longest stay at WDW was 14 nights, and we lived that.

Also, my wife and I plan to run the Wine and Dine half marathon together. Thankfully mum and dad are travelling with us and will be able to babysit the kids that night. I did the Dopey Challenge in 2014 and LOVED the runDisney races. Can't wait to do Wine and Dine.

My wife is a foodie, and we'll be celebrating our wedding anniversary on this trip. I am thinking of bookings night at Victoria and Alberts. It looks like Remy on Fantasy is a similar experience. Has anyone on here done Remy before?

Good evening folks,
I am back after a forced absence from the boards. Thank you Scouter for keeping me apprised of the Fe and PCE folks. I hope to have the list posted through Scouter next week after I finish the Word and Excel docs up. If you are interested in being added just PM me and I will get the info we need from you there.

Well the plan is still in place for Robin to retire at the end of Sept. Then we'd get our "snowbird" place all set up before the cruise and after the cruise just head there and spend the winter in Florida!:banana: Im seeing a little hesitation in Robins actions lately though as she really does like her job and gets paid pretty well for it and hates giving up all that money.popcorn:: The next few months will be decision time for her for sure!:goodvibes

Wow! She might change her mind?
You still already bought that snowbird home, didn't you?
Are we all still partying there after the cruise?:woohoo:

3 weeks from tomorrow we'll be heading down to Florida for a little R & R. :wizard: A few days with my Mom in Clearwater and 5 days at WDW!:thumbsup2

Sure hope it warms up down there!!

You guys are always on some vacation. Lucky you:thumbsup2

We're flying into Orlando on the Wednesday before the cruise - will be staying at Saratoga Springs but not planning to visit the parks at all. We just want to hang at the pool and check out some of the new offerings at Downtown Disney.

Headed nowhere but home after the cruise. All good things must end ... :sad2:

Relaxing:cloud9:

BTW ... Jay and I are also Dorks!

DINKs and Dorks are two of my favorite people combinations!! :rotfl2:

One of our favorite couple friends are both DINKS and Dorks. We miss them.
They don't live close enough.

Dorks are fun:p

We'll be arriving in Orlando on the Thursday before the cruise, spending two nights at the Hyatt MCO. We really liked the idea of being able to leave our bags in the room and see them next in our stateroom - sounds much easier with the 2 kids (age 4 and 2). While we are there we might take the bus to Florida Mall to squeeze in some shopping.

After the cruise we have 21 nights at disneys Port Orleans Riverside (our favourite resort). We got free dining as part of our package. I'm a bit worried about our waste lines after a 7 day cruise and 21 days of DDP. Will have to bring the stretchy pants. Now 21 days sounds like a long time, I guess it is, but since we are travelling so far we wanted to stay awhile. Also, with a two year old we'll be heading back to the room for midday sleeps, so our time will be filled with half days at the parks. So we wanted a longer trip to fit everything in. Our previous longest stay at WDW was 14 nights, and we lived that.

Also, my wife and I plan to run the Wine and Dine half marathon together. Thankfully mum and dad are travelling with us and will be able to babysit the kids that night. I did the Dopey Challenge in 2014 and LOVED the runDisney races. Can't wait to do Wine and Dine.

My wife is a foodie, and we'll be celebrating our wedding anniversary on this trip. I am thinking of bookings night at Victoria and Alberts. It looks like Remy on Fantasy is a similar experience. Has anyone on here done Remy before?

Hi:wave2:
Wow, 21 days! Lucky you! It's nice that you can also get that much vacation at once from your job.
We are also staying at Riverside! I've stayed once but so long ago I don't remember much except it was called Dixie Landings then.

Congrats to you both being runners! Well, that should take care of any extra eating you do while on vacation.:thumbsup2

Well, speaking of foodies..... Brenda, oybolshoi , and her hubby are too!
I know they've done Victoria and Alberts and Remy multiple times. I'm sure
she can tell you lots about it.

Good evening folks,
I am back after a forced absence from the boards. Thank you Scouter for keeping me apprised of the Fe and PCE folks. I hope to have the list posted through Scouter next week after I finish the Word and Excel docs up. If you are interested in being added just PM me and I will get the info we need from you there.

Hi Dave:wave: Glad you made it back:goodvibes
Perhaps I can get that FE and PCE up on Sunday. I can just copy and
paste what I have, unless what you have will look nicer.

Hello to any and all fellow cruisers who have Remy questions. Jay and I have been fortunate enough to dine there on the Dream and the Fantasy ... 3 times for champagne brunch and 3 times for dinner.

It is an amazing experience and well worth the time and expense if you really enjoy fine dining.

We've also dined at Victoria & Albert's 3 times ... twice in the main dining room and once at the chef's table but the last time was in 2009 so it's been a little longer than Remy (we were just there in May 2014).

If you have questions I will do my best to answer. I also have lots of pictures and will be happy to share them if you'd like.

Just let me know! :goodvibes

Hello, I'm Jenn and will be cruising with my DH-Paul, DS-Nolan (11), and DS-Carter (9). This will be our 2nd Disney Cruise, but our first on the Fantasy. Very glad you've posted some info already on this cruise regarding what nights are formal, semi-formal ect! Thank you! I do have a few questions I'd like to ask if anyone can help. Wondering if anyone has been to St. Maarten before and can give me any advice on how to see the island. Perhaps a rental car may be my best best, but I'm just not sure. I would like to take the boys to Maho beach to see the airplanes! Second, I would like to get my 2 DS in to Pirates League in the BBB, if anyone has done this before; do you have advice on a good time to book the appointment? If I understand this correctly, we will be in St. Maarten on Pirate Party day . . . I think :) Thanks for any help in advance and nice to meet everyone!

ps: very silly question given the title of this forum, but just to be sure this cruise WILL be included in the Halloween on the High Seas events correct? I was very excited to try a Halloween cruise since we previously went on a Christmas one, but when I called to check on this, the representative could not confirm this given the date was so far in advance. I would think it would be! Probably a dumb question! Thanks!:)

hi everyone!

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We are very excited! It will be myself (Dana), husband (Brian), and 3 daughters (Elianna 10, Cailyn 9 and Ashtyn 7) traveling with us.

We just went on a Halloween cruise to the western Caribean in 2014, so we are very excited to do it again!

Hi we'd love to join the fish extender. I am new to this site and have no clue what to do. We are room #6534. Thanks!

We were on the same Halloween cruise last year! Can't wait to see you all. I'm sure my 8 year old crossed paths with your kids in the kids club.

Check out this article about some additional offerings at Remy. The dessert tasting and seasonal truffle experience aren't really new - those were being offered in 2014 - but the small plate event on the first cruise night is new and could be a good way for anyone who's unsure about the Remy dining experience to give it a try for a little less money.

We already are planning to do the first night small plate tasting just for something new; we will also be booking at least one brunch and one dinner at Remy as well. NOM NOM NOM!!

http://dclnews.com/2015/01/08/disney-cruise-line-expands-collection-of-premium-culinary-offerings-at-remy/

Wow! She might change her mind?
You still already bought that snowbird home, didn't you?
Are we all still partying there after the cruise?:woohoo:

Oh you know theres always going to be doubts in the back of the mind.."should I wait a little while?". She started thinking if she works just a couple more months she'd qualify for her companies bonus in January. We just leased that place for the 1st year because we're still going to be searching to make sure that's where we want our winter home to be. So worst case we'd head down right after News Years. But im trying hard to get her to just leave in Oct! I think she's worried she may get sick of old Underdog 24 hrs a day.:rolleyes1

WOW! That sounds like an amazing trip!!popcorn:::wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter