Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

Welcome aboard too the 2 new familys get ready to have some fun and enjoy.
The best news came last week with DCL coming to New York know I will be going twice next year once in August and again in Nov.
We will be on the Magic in Aug and Fantasy in Nov I am so excited.
But first have to get through this year with a trip in August to AKL and all the parks then in Oct on DCL.
My son tells me that I love Disney to much but I told him dont you and you will do the same with your kids and then he said Dad you are right and I also love Disney so I cant say anything. Nothing better then spending time with your family around anything Disney!!!!

@ Storm...I hear you...I have the most fun with my kids at Disney...I still get soo excited when I'm there...I cannot wait till the cruise...I was just imagining it yesterday, walking into the atrium and looking at everything in awe...going to over to guest services, getting money on my account, then going to register my son in oceanneers club...then going to our cabin and taking pictures..then going to go eat at Topsiders, then going to the pool then getting our lifevests, then seeing the sail away party and then eating at Lumiere's. then seeing a show, then buying souvenirs..then picking up my kids from nursery/club..then going to bed smiling because we got 6 more days of this!!!

MommaMouse - It sounds like we should just have you plan out our trip for us, you've got a definite plan!

I've quickly become obsessed with these boards. I know it'll be next to impossible to not have a great trip, but I'm determined to make sure we don't leave any fun on the table. My wife has already started to give me the look that says "you're nuts, I'm humoring you, and I'm stuck with you". It's gonna be a long 6 months til we go.

One of my biggest questions so far is what to do for shore excursions. We are sure we want to get off the ship and see things, just not sure what. It's a bit challenging since our kids range from 5-11. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears - (ha ha, get it?)

This is surely the earliest I've started thinking about Halloween costumes.

I'd also say to put us down to participate in the FE. The kids will have a blast with both the giving and receiving part of it.

Sail

@ Storm...I hear you...I have the most fun with my kids at Disney...I still get soo excited when I'm there...I cannot wait till the cruise...I was just imagining it yesterday, walking into the atrium and looking at everything in awe...going to over to guest services, getting money on my account, then going to register my son in oceanneers club...then going to our cabin and taking pictures..then going to go eat at Topsiders, then going to the pool then getting our lifevests, then seeing the sail away party and then eating at Lumiere's. then seeing a show, then buying souvenirs..then picking up my kids from nursery/club..then going to bed smiling because we got 6 more days of this!!!

You don't have to put lifevests on anymore - they changed that. I was shocked when we sailed on the Wonder in January and we did not have to wear them to the drill. But, it was nice not to have to stand in the heat with them on and then go back to the cabin afterwards to get rid of them.

MommaMouse - It sounds like we should just have you plan out our trip for us, you've got a definite plan!

I've quickly become obsessed with these boards. I know it'll be next to impossible to not have a great trip, but I'm determined to make sure we don't leave any fun on the table. My wife has already started to give me the look that says "you're nuts, I'm humoring you, and I'm stuck with you". It's gonna be a long 6 months til we go.

One of my biggest questions so far is what to do for shore excursions. We are sure we want to get off the ship and see things, just not sure what. It's a bit challenging since our kids range from 5-11. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears - (ha ha, get it?)

This is surely the earliest I've started thinking about Halloween costumes.

I'd also say to put us down to participate in the FE. The kids will have a blast with both the giving and receiving part of it.

Sail

Excursions - this is our 4th Western and there is lots to do. We have done the trolley in Key West - nice that it shows/tells you all around and about town and you can get off and on at whatever spot you would like along the way. The Southern Most Point is a great photo op - and a long walk if you choose to get there via foot power. Otherwise, we have just wandered around town, very easy to get around. I think we are going to do the sunset sail this time - it is one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.

Cozumel - we have done a taxi tour around the island that we arranged prior to sailing (not a DCL excursion) and we have been to Nachi Cocum which is an all inclusive beach experience - yep, all the food and drink you can handle. My favorite thing about them is that it is a pretty quiet environment, the beach is beautiful and they only allow a certain number of people in. We are going again this time.

Grand Cayman - If everyone in your group is adventurous, go to Stingray City. One of the most awesome things I have ever done - EVER (and I am in my mid-50's). DCL goes and there are several companies outside that you can book through as well. We go with Nativeway and do their Rays, Reef and Rum Point (singrays, snorkeling and beach with lunch) tour.

Anyone looking to do some research - have you been to Cruise Critic (www.cruisecritic.com)? They have boards with a section on ports of call so you can research what is available outside of what DCL offers (which is generally expensive but we do them sometimes too).

Thanks for the info Gail. I guess I'll add cruisecritic to my newest obsession!

I've been to Key West once, but it's been over 20 years so no real memories of it. I think I read something about a butterfly place there. Doesn't sound too adventurous.

My wife and I were in GC about 5 years ago on a Carnival cruise. We did the turtle refuge/farm, saw Hell, and ate about 20 pounds of rum cake samples before getting on the boat early amid 10-12 ft seas. (Not sure how much rum my kids can hold, though. :rotfl2:) Stingrays and snorkeling might be tough, kids aren't too comfortable in open water. Gotta make some progress in swimming lessons this summer!

Never been to Cozumel. I'm not sure if we're all gonna want to spend a day on the beach there, when we have CC coming up as the next stop. My wife wants to see things - not sure what things, just things.

More reading to do.

Sail

wow so wait we don't have to go get our vests?????????????? that would alleviate so much drama...on the cruise they did let me stay by the doorway and they let me leave before the drill was over so I was able to send my stepsister to the cabin to drop off the vests...and we had a good spot for the sail away party..

as for excursions

Grand Cayman we are just going to do the 7mile beach..might rent a room so we can have some cover from the heat...

at key west, we might get off and go to butterfly conservatory...

at cozumel I'm not sure..I'm thinking I will stay on the ship...I almost want to stay on the ship when we get to the keys too..I would rather us be safe onboard playing in the pool..

I'v e been to cozumel before and I'm not missing out on anything (don't get me wrong if my kids were much older we would be doing something in cozumel)

Grand Cayman I love it there..I don't know why...I can't wait to be there..I just wish they didn't kick out all the ships by 5pm... :(

GC was absolutely crazy on our first cruise. They were shutting down tender operations early because of the storm coming in. I believe the last tenders were to leave by 3pm. We caught one at about 2 and the seas were already in the 10 foot range. We had some friends who were on the last tender. They spent over 3 hours bouncing around on it before they could get them aboard. The tender broke one of the gangplanks off the ship. All of the ships in the port were trying to work together to create a makeshift seawall to try to block waves while one ship would try to gather their passengers. After trying that for awhile, we steamed around to the backside of the island to try to use it as a seawall. The poor folks on the tender had no food or water, were totally soaked, and many of them were VERY sick. As I recall, it was well after 6pm before they managed to get everybody aboard.

That night seas were in the 16 to 18 foot range. Dining room was less than 1/3 full, all shows cancelled. Luckily, my wife and I weren't sick at all, but boy was the ship rolling.

The next day, we were supposed to dock in Jamaica. We steamed by, waved, and kept going. Way too rough to put it in the dock. Our 5 day cruise was virtually a cruise to nowhere - we were off the ship in GC for about 5 hours.

Funny thing is we still look at that trip as fantastic. Hoping our DCL trip is even better.

wow so wait we don't have to go get our vests?????????????? that would alleviate so much drama...on the cruise they did let me stay by the doorway and they let me leave before the drill was over so I was able to send my stepsister to the cabin to drop off the vests...and we had a good spot for the sail away party..

as for excursions

Grand Cayman we are just going to do the 7mile beach..might rent a room so we can have some cover from the heat...

at key west, we might get off and go to butterfly conservatory...

at cozumel I'm not sure..I'm thinking I will stay on the ship...I almost want to stay on the ship when we get to the keys too..I would rather us be safe onboard playing in the pool..

I'v e been to cozumel before and I'm not missing out on anything (don't get me wrong if my kids were much older we would be doing something in cozumel)

Grand Cayman I love it there..I don't know why...I can't wait to be there..I just wish they didn't kick out all the ships by 5pm... :(

It was very odd going to a safety drill sans life vests. I always figured it was a good way to have everyone check yet again that what was in the closet was appropriate for everyone in the cabin, everyone knew how to put them on and that they were in proper working order. For all I know, I did the PC cruise with 2 kid vests (and I was not kid sized when I was a kid) as we never even looked.

And, sailworkless, that is a pretty scary GC story. DH has HUGE motion/rocking issues. I should by stock in the company that manufactures Bonine. He would have been beyond green and probably I would have as well.

Raining here - at least it isn't snow but oh, wait - that is predicted for tomorrow. The piles are finally all gone from our yard and around the driveway but I can still see white in the woods behind the house. Guess the rain will help in getting rid of that.

GC was absolutely crazy on our first cruise. They were shutting down tender operations early because of the storm coming in. I believe the last tenders were to leave by 3pm. We caught one at about 2 and the seas were already in the 10 foot range. We had some friends who were on the last tender. They spent over 3 hours bouncing around on it before they could get them aboard. The tender broke one of the gangplanks off the ship. All of the ships in the port were trying to work together to create a makeshift seawall to try to block waves while one ship would try to gather their passengers. After trying that for awhile, we steamed around to the backside of the island to try to use it as a seawall. The poor folks on the tender had no food or water, were totally soaked, and many of them were VERY sick. As I recall, it was well after 6pm before they managed to get everybody aboard.

That night seas were in the 16 to 18 foot range. Dining room was less than 1/3 full, all shows cancelled. Luckily, my wife and I weren't sick at all, but boy was the ship rolling.

The next day, we were supposed to dock in Jamaica. We steamed by, waved, and kept going. Way too rough to put it in the dock. Our 5 day cruise was virtually a cruise to nowhere - we were off the ship in GC for about 5 hours.

Funny thing is we still look at that trip as fantastic. Hoping our DCL trip is even better.

I would've been miserable if I had the kids!!!! me by myself I would've chalked it up as an adventure!

so I got the date to our event that we always do in october and it is scheduled for the 22nd of Oct!!!!! Vacation is still on!!!:cool1:

ice cream and cake and cake, ice cream and cake and cake..:banana:

we will be cruising on that cruse too. Fifth for me and my husband fourth for our sons 6 and 7.

:welcome: to our merry little band of Halloween cruisers. We are going to have an awesome time.

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying spring. We are in the midst of massive April showers :umbrella: right now but no where what the south has been experiencing. I can't beleive that Sunday is May 1st already. We leave six months from yesterday - it will be here before I know it.

Have a great day everyone!

Just wanted to see my new tickers!

Is anyone doing WDW before or after the cruise? I think we are flying down on Wednesday and staying until the Wednesday after the cruise. We want to spend some time doing the Food and Wine Festival.

Just wanted to see my new tickers!

Is anyone doing WDW before or after the cruise? I think we are flying down on Wednesday and staying until the Wednesday after the cruise. We want to spend some time doing the Food and Wine Festival.

Someone else from MI we live in Cadillac! That doesn't happen often enough.

Yes, we are heading down on Tuesday with our oldest DS and his wife, staying at Villas at Wilderness Lodge but we are heading home after the cruise.

oooooh Acourt...you're doing the hawaiin cruise...Ic an't wait to hear the trip reports on these...I'm not booking anything for 2013 until my 2012 Dream cruise...whatever it is I do it will be on the Fantasy..

the only day I'm doing before my cruise is MNSSHP on the 28th...and I will not be doing WDW after. I love going to WDW during oct but I am substituting my oct WDW with a cruise.

oooooh Acourt...you're doing the hawaiin cruise...Ic an't wait to hear the trip reports on these...I'm not booking anything for 2013 until my 2012 Dream cruise...whatever it is I do it will be on the Fantasy.. QUOTE]

I didn't book anything when we were on the PC in January and I have kicked myself black and blue - I should have done one with the intention of moving it when they released the 2012 itineraries. Depending on the finances - you could book this time and then move it as the discounts and OBC will transfer. I will do at least one if not two when we are onboard in October - too many is better than not enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter