Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

I have a question regarding Halloween. Do the adults dress up for dinner on Halloween? And then, since Halloween is Monday and that is also our first sea day and traditionally Formal Night - anyone have any ideas on how they will handle that?

I don't know about the dining/halloween night...if its Formal night that would be silly..cuz I wasn't planning on changing out of my costume. That's too much work. I hope its not Formal Night.

I've read TR from that week..but the adults of the TR's had went to Palo..and they were dressed up (not in costumes)...however, some of the women wore like costume hats (witch hats)..

Maybe that will be our Palo night. So long as I can get Sunday brunch, it would work out just fine. And then I would not have to figure out costumes.

so I think I figured out what we will do when we get to Cayman Island! the turtle farm (boatswain's adventure marina)...I'm probably going to go with the Disney excursion vs doing it ourselves.I'm not 100% yet..as I am reading mixed reviews...and I haven't checked the disboards for reviews yet either..

So far: I have to save for our MNSSHP tickets, our friday night stay in Orlando, and one excursion. TIPS and Souvenirs I already have saved :)

so I think I figured out what we will do when we get to Cayman Island! the turtle farm (boatswain's adventure marina)...I'm probably going to go with the Disney excursion vs doing it ourselves.I'm not 100% yet..as I am reading mixed reviews...and I haven't checked the disboards for reviews yet either..

So far: I have to save for our MNSSHP tickets, our friday night stay in Orlando, and one excursion. TIPS and Souvenirs I already have saved :)

We went there the last time we were in GC as part of a city and stingray tour with an outside vendor and it was really interesting. When my boys were younger, they would have enjoyed it a LOT so that is an excellant choice.

I think we are going to do Rays, Reef and Rum Point with Native Way again - awesome tour and experience and you can't beat the price, plus you are on a smaller boat so not trying to fight 100 of our closest friends trying to get off and in the water.

Gail I emailed the turtle farm..and basically it will be cheaper for me to go through them!!! and its a free shuttle from the port to the farm. Seems like it'll be a good fit for us...I was really wanting to go on the beach a bit but this will do.

and I'm still leaning towards staying on the ship when we dock at KW & Cozumel.

Gail I emailed the turtle farm..and basically it will be cheaper for me to go through them!!! and its a free shuttle from the port to the farm. Seems like it'll be a good fit for us...I was really wanting to go on the beach a bit but this will do.

Sound like a plan!

We enjoyed the turtle farm when we went. It was pretty low key, as I recall. You could definitely pick how much info you wanted. You could just wander around and look if you wanted. We really liked being able to pick up some of the smaller turtles. I would think your boys might really enjoy that (don't all boys like grabbing animals?)

We haven't decided what we're going to do at GC yet. Most of the snorkle/ray tours are out because our kids aren't too comfortable/safe in the water. It's hard to do anything while trying to keep all four of their heads above water. We may end up at the turtle farm, also. Have thought about the pirate ship thing, but have heard some pretty mixed reviews. Still kicking around ideas.

For Key West, I think we'll try the trolley pass and just wander doing the tourist thing until everyone is tired out. Still have no idea about Cozumel. I was thinking of the beach club place, but we'll be spending a beach day at CC. I don't know if the kids will get sick of sand and sea. Decisions, decisions.

I just found out our cabins. Super excited to see we did get connecting cabins! I was a bit worried my wife and I would be in separate cabins with 2 kids each if we had adjoining.

So, any good or bad things about forward deck 7 port side? As far as I'm concerned, it's on the ship - it can't be too bad of a spot!!

I just found out our cabins. Super excited to see we did get connecting cabins! I was a bit worried my wife and I would be in separate cabins with 2 kids each if we had adjoining.

So, any good or bad things about forward deck 7 port side? As far as I'm concerned, it's on the ship - it can't be too bad of a spot!!

My favorite spots are in front of the forward elevators or behind the aft elevators as (to us) there is less foot traffic. We are generally forward on deck 6 and LOVE it. You should only have hall traffic for those rooms in front of you since the hall dead ends. For us, that far forward is just 3 flights up to the Quiet Cove which, on sea days, is where we spend most of our time. I also find the forward/aft elevators much less crowded than the midship ones.

Page 5:scared1::scared1::scared1:?? What is up with that?

Exciting cruise week for us - I upgraded us yesterday to a 6A! We have not had a verandah in a long time and will enjoy it. Now DH wants to bring the blender so he can make drinks to enjoy on it:rotfl2:. We shall see. Since we are renting a car to drive to the port from WDW, a grocery stop is certainly possible for us.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Well I had some time so I will start the list:

If you are interested in participating in the Fish Extender Gift Exchange, please provide ages of the children, and who you are traveling with ie dh40 (husband 40), Ds 4 (Son), DD 3 (daughter). This information helps us decide what to buy or make that’s age/gender appropriate.

Once we get closer to the 75days, we’ll need to start adding cabin #’s.

Please let me know if you are not participating as well. Thanks

MommaMouse411 (34), DS4 (at that time), DS3 (at that time)participating

Sumlee 31, DH33, DS9, DS6, DD3, DD5mo. Nana, Papa participating

Purdybertine & Auntyaba (Daughter/Mother)

Webcreatix & DD21

TiffanyD & Schimj (Wife/Husband)participating

PrincessPiglet, DH, DD9

Momto3cuties 38, DH40, DS7, DS4, DD2 (at time of sailing)

acourtwdw (41), Dsister (43), Ddad (66) and Dmom (65) participating

ScdizneyDawn & DH

GlindaMood & DH

Storms71 39, DW39, DS14 Participating

Sailworkless & DW, DD11, DD9, DD5, DS8Participating

Meagon2222 & DH, DS6, DS7

We (Gail and David) are participating.

Hey Gail..

I'm showing page 12?

and I was also wondering if anybody will be planning on Palos Dinner. I would like to do but have to do by myself..if anybody is doing a solo dinner I can try and book for the same time and day (4th day on)....and maybe we can be seated together.

last time I ate by myself for Palo Brunch, I ate pretty fast..the waiter told me to slow down LOL...

Hey Gail..

I'm showing page 12?

and I was also wondering if anybody will be planning on Palos Dinner. I would like to do but have to do by myself..if anybody is doing a solo dinner I can try and book for the same time and day (4th day on)....and maybe we can be seated together.

last time I ate by myself for Palo Brunch, I ate pretty fast..the waiter told me to slow down LOL...

I meant we were 5 pages back from the first one.

My guess is that we won't do Palo dinner - DH likes the dining rooms so I will use my freebee for brunch. Plus, I need to save up for Remy on the Fantasy next year. Based on how expensive that is, must be I need to book a few more cruises so I can skip Palo dinner and save some more money. Suppose DH would go for that?? Can't fault a girl for trying.

that's why I wanted to do a 7 day..so I can make sure I eat at all 3 restaurants, DO the pirate buffett and eat at Palos for dinner.

I didn't want to do the brunch again..although it was very friggin good...

I to will be dining at Remy on my Dream Cruise in April...but won't be doing any Palo dining.

there's so many dishes on the Palos Dinner Menu..I'm going to eat it all. and I can do it too..I have 11 things I want to eat...ELEVEN..:eek:

that's why I wanted to do a 7 day..so I can make sure I eat at all 3 restaurants, DO the pirate buffett and eat at Palos for dinner.

I didn't want to do the brunch again..although it was very friggin good...

I to will be dining at Remy on my Dream Cruise in April...but won't be doing any Palo dining.

there's so many dishes on the Palos Dinner Menu..I'm going to eat it all. and I can do it too..I have 11 things I want to eat...ELEVEN..:eek:

This is cruise number 13 (hoping that isn't an omen of some sort) and I much prefer brunch to dinner - we think that is hands down the best meal on the ship. But, to decide that, you need to experience it all first.

Yea I changed my mind I want to eat off the Pirates menu not the buffett.

13 cruises so you're like Plantinum..

Hello All!
I just wanted to announce the arrival of our newest little cruise mate. Claire Rose was born on Monday, May 9th at 4:23pm. She can't wait to cruise with us this October!

BabyClaire034.jpg

BabyClaire054.jpg

Summer - she is absolutely beautiful - and you look radiant yourself. And what a lovely name - Claire Rose. I have goosebumps. Blessings to all of you.

HOW PRECIOUS! GOD BLESS HER!!!

yes I agree with Gail, You look great!!! and am glad everything is going well! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter