Halloween 2011. Oct 29th on the Magic

I've read a lot about people booking while onboard. I have a few (possibly dumb) questions.

1. It appears that many people just use this as a place holder, then change to a date that works later on. Is that correct? Is there a charge for changing? or a penalty for canceling?

2. I know you are allowed to put down a smaller deposit and you get an OBC. Is the OBC for use on the future cruise or the current cruise? Do you get any discount on the booking itself? and if so, how does that transfer if you change the dates to a cruise with a different rate?

I just thought I'd ask the veterans here, instead of broadcasting my ignorance to the entire forum community.

Thanks,
Sail

I've read a lot about people booking while onboard. I have a few (possibly dumb) questions.

1. It appears that many people just use this as a place holder, then change to a date that works later on. Is that correct? Is there a charge for changing? or a penalty for canceling?

2. I know you are allowed to put down a smaller deposit and you get an OBC. Is the OBC for use on the future cruise or the current cruise? Do you get any discount on the booking itself? and if so, how does that transfer if you change the dates to a cruise with a different rate?

I just thought I'd ask the veterans here, instead of broadcasting my ignorance to the entire forum community.

Thanks,
Sail

First - no questions are dumb so always ask. This is what I understand.

1. Book a date (and price shop even that cruise as your deposit is based on the price of your cruise) and, as long as you make changes before your final cruise payment is due, there is no penalty. I will tell you that if you forget - DCL doesn't seem to show any mercy and you will loose your deposit. If you decide that you won't cruise DCL again, there is no penalty for canceling either. You can also transfer that booking multiple times if necessary.

2. If you book onboard, the current offer is 10% off the price of the cruise and you only owe half of the deposit. If you transfer that cruise to another one, it all remains the same (other than it is discounted from the current selling price of the new cruise). That is my understanding. OBC is for the new booking will transfer as well but that is based on your Castaway Club level.

My best advice is book as early as possible (unless you are a Florida resident) as DCL pricing only goes in one direction - and that is up!

Hi everyone!

My name is Ana. My husband, Rudy, and I will be on this cruise too. We just got around to booking it this past week. This will be our third cruise with Disney.

We will be staying on Deck 6. Oh, my parents are coming along too. They have never been on a Disney Cruise but I bet they will love it as much as we do. We don't have children.

Hi everyone!

My name is Ana. My husband, Rudy, and I will be on this cruise too. We just got around to booking it this past week. This will be our third cruise with Disney.

We will be staying on Deck 6. Oh, my parents are coming along too. They have never been on a Disney Cruise but I bet they will love it as much as we do. We don't have children.

:welcome: Ana, Rudy and your parents too. I bet they love it too.

Happy Tuesday everyone! At least it isn't Monday anymore.

Hi everyone!

Welcome Ana and family!!

Is anyone doing WDW before or after the cruise? I think we are flying down on Wednesday and staying until the Wednesday after the cruise. We want to spend some time doing the Food and Wine Festival.[/

We will be flying down on the Sunday before the cruise and spending 5 days at WDW, staying at POR. :cool1: I just bought Our MNSSHP tickets for the 27th! Yay!!! This will be our first trip to WDW!

Our current plan is to fly down on 10/26 and do MNSSHP on 10/27. Staying at either BWV or OKW. Then cruise. Back to BWV or OKW and do MVMCP on 11/8. Then leave on 11/9. That way we get both Hween and Xmas in one vacation :)

Our current plan is to fly down on 10/26 and do MNSSHP on 10/27. Staying at either BWV or OKW. Then cruise. Back to BWV or OKW and do MVMCP on 11/8. Then leave on 11/9. That way we get both Hween and Xmas in one vacation :)

That is certainly the best of ALL worlds!

We fly on 10/25 for a stay at Villas at Wilderness Lodge and the F&W Festival with our oldest DS and his DW. They will head back home on 10/29 while we rent a car and drive to port, unless of course I talk myself into taking the bus. Time will tell on that one. Sadly, we had home on 11/05 since I took a huge vacation chunk on our PC trip this past January and I have just run out of time.

I hope all of you mom's are having a very happy Mother's Day!

Haloween and Chritmas! I like the way you think! :thumbsup2 We will be joining you at MNSSHP on the 27th! :banana:

I so cannot wait till this cruise...I keep thinking about what kind of formal attire I want to wear...and I was thinking of buying my boys tuxedos but I think I'm going to take them to the nursery/oceannears club and go to dinner by myself that night.

you know I didn't even know which day we come back...so I'm assuming is 11/5 saturday lol..well thats good then I can stop at Animal Kingdom for a few and then go home and rest all up on Sunday.

I'm also really looking forward to this trip. I'm kind of jealous of everyone who has the time to stop at WDW before and/or after. I guess I won't complain too much, though.:)

Just found out our flight plans today. We are flying in on Friday 28th and spending the night at the MCO Hyatt. Transfering to PC via Disney on Sat. am.
After the cruise, we head right to the airport for a 1:30pm flight. No problems with timing, I just wish we could stay longer.

the mco hyatt is cool. i flew out of mco last week and was like wow theres a friggine hotel in the airport..and theres like shops for every major theme park...kind of cool.

I think I read somewhere that we can check in and get a boarding number right at the hotel, so we don't have to do it at the port. Anyone know if I'm out of my mind (again)?

It'll also be nice not to have to deal with our luggage at all. It'll be hard enough to keep track of the kids.

Thanks everyone. We are so excited about going.

Question... Does anyone know how decorated the ship is for Halloween? My friend and her 6 year old will be joining us and she is worried that he will be freaked out! He hates halloween and gets very scared at anything decorated for halloween. Anyone know if it is just celebrated on Halloween Day or is it during the whole cruise? We might have to switch out dates.

Thanks!

hey Ana...I believe its just real basic decoration..nothing scary..I know they trick or treat on halloween. and have a costume contest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter