FYI RE: "Double Dipping"

THIS. I only wanted to book FP+ for TT and Soarin' but MDE kept trying to force a Mission Space one on me too. I decided to add on Maelstrom, since I know we'll probably ride it, but I didn't really want or need it. I almost booked the third one for Figment, just to see if any CM's would be shocked that someone actually did.

Awww, I love Figment LOL

It had better change our they are going to find that people will not be buying park hoppers. I won't buy park hoppers if it doesn't. It's an extra 50 or so bucks last I checked--not worth it if I can't use FPs. I refuse to stand in line for more than 30 minutes for ANYTHING. We try to plan for 15 minutes or less for every ride.

It had better change our they are going to find that people will not be buying park hoppers. I won't buy park hoppers if it doesn't. It's an extra 50 or so bucks last I checked--not worth it if I can't use FPs. I refuse to stand in line for more than 30 minutes for ANYTHING. We try to plan for 15 minutes or less for every ride.
I agree! I am glad we can use FP- right now. 3 for just one park would not set well with my park-hopping self!

Well, as one of the grunts who didn't get FP+ it isn't really fair if you guys get both. Just sayin'. I am pretty grumpy that I don't get FP+.

totally agree - this whole double dipping thing kinda defeats the purpose of fast pass... I mean - it seems like it's just not going to be a positive thing. whatever happened to just waiting on line period lol

Might change when fully rolled out... ??

Things may change, but I was on the phone with IT about an issue and asked about the one park limit. I was told that the plan was, after the full rollout and initial bugs were fixed, the plan "in the future" was to allow multi-park scheduling.

Now when or if in the future this happens ... :confused3

Not necessarily. I'm saying that participating in the mb testing has a value. If it didn't, no one would want it. Like everything else, it also has costs that go along with it.

Opportunity is a cost in the sense that every time there is a snag in the system I have to give up the opportunity to spend time with my kids or time getting a pedicure with my wife or time saying vulgar things about rude customers to the workers in world showcase in their own language to see the look on their faces. You know, having fun in wdw; when something goes wrong I pay for it by giving up something I would rather be doing in order to straighten it all out. The value of what I give up is my cost.

In short, yes being a mb tester has a value to me. As well, its costs are generally low and do not represent any sort of monetary hardship, but that doesnt make them insignificant. Without the value if 3 additional fp opportunities I would never gave signed up for the test.

:rotfl: I wish I had thought of this! I have 40 days- is that long enough for a rosetta stone course??:teacher:

All those complaining about being a 'grunt' and not getting FP+ please explain how it's fair for us FP+ people to get only 3 FPs and NOTHING else and only at ONE park??? While you run around like we all did with FP- getting FPs at multiple parks and perhaps even 6 or 7 in a day?

Disney is letting us 'lucky' people use FP-....because we don't get to opt out and go with FP-. WHO in their right mind would CHOOSE to be a tester with only 3FPs in 1 park?! :confused3 NO way would I agree to that.

Us DISers know how to 'do' the parks and 3FPs isn't gonna cut it---especially when the 'grunts' are running around enjoying FP-.

We may soon find out that 3 FPs is IT no matter what happens. But until then- we need to at least keep things on a more level playing field and being stuck with only 3 FPs while FP- folks run around grabbing them ALL day long is ridiculous.

All those complaining about being a 'grunt' and not getting FP+ please explain how it's fair for us FP+ people to get only 3 FPs and NOTHING else and only at ONE park??? While you run around like we all did with FP- getting FPs at multiple parks and perhaps even 6 or 7 in a day?

Disney is letting us 'lucky' people use FP-....because we don't get to opt out and go with FP-. WHO in their right mind would CHOOSE to be a tester with only 3FPs in 1 park?! :confused3 NO way would I agree to that.

Us DISers know how to 'do' the parks and 3FPs isn't gonna cut it---especially when the 'grunts' are running around enjoying FP-.

We may soon find out that 3 FPs is IT no matter what happens. But until then- we need to at least keep things on a more level playing field and being stuck with only 3 FPs while FP- folks run around grabbing them ALL day long is ridiculous.

I guess for me going in mid December and knowing I can't use FP+ because of my ticket issues, the concern for me is that having 3 FP+ scheduled during a busy time is at least better than not knowing if I'll get any. If ALL resorts are on the system by then, then ALL onsite guests have access to those 3 a day. How many really does that leave in the Fastpass- machines? I'm going to have to hit every rope drop and likely forget about fastpassing anything in the evenings.
I'm not particularly excited about fastpass+ and think 3 is ridiculous, but from where I'm standing it's better than none at all.:sad2:
So I guess it's all in how you look at it. At least the testers get to plan for 3 a day months in advance. For my thousands of dollars I have to wait until I get there and hope for the best of the leftovers.

Most people testing at this time haven't had months ahead of time to grab 3 fp+.

And, I'd be willing to bet that those people who are so upset and think it's unfair that someone else is getting to test fp+ (and 'double dipping'), were to suddenly get to be the tester themselves, they would look at things differently and rethink their position on 'double dipping'. I don't think that they would feel they should only be allowed those 3 fp+'s total and only in one park, or would feel that if they also got access to fp-, that they were being unfair to others.

And, double dipping implies one gets more than others and really, this being allowed lets testers have possible access to as many fp's as the non testers. Not sure how that is unfair. Why should a tester get less than a non-tester? They don't just get a whole wonderful world of 3 guaranteed fp's, they also get the problems and headaches and uncertainties, possibly even loss of those fp's with glitches, etc. Not sure that's something to be so envious of.

Now, if testers only got the 3 fp's and couldn't access the fp- , then that would be unfair. A tester shouldn't have their access to fast passing rides on their vacation taken away just for agreeing to be a tester. Who would possibly want to or even agree to test if their vacation experience was going to be downgraded by testing and would mean less access than others? Sort of sad how people's petty jealousy suddenly pops up when they think someone got something they didn't.

asmit4 said:

So true. I'm so used to FP's that I've never stood in line for more than 30mins for any ride, and I never would stand in line for longer than that. If it does turn out that in the future you only get FP+ for one park per day, we'd skip the Hoppers and just plan more strictly to have a single park per day. We've never gone without Hoppers before but I don't much point in upgrading just to wait in long lines at the day's second park.

Most people testing at this time haven't had months ahead of time to grab 3 fp+.

And, I'd be willing to bet that those people who are so upset and think it's unfair that someone else is getting to test fp+ (and 'double dipping'), were to suddenly get to be the tester themselves, they would look at things differently and rethink their position on 'double dipping'. I don't think that they would feel they should only be allowed those 3 fp+'s total and only in one park, or would feel that if they also got access to fp-, that they were being unfair to others.

And, double dipping implies one gets more than others and really, this being allowed lets testers have possible access to as many fp's as the non testers. Not sure how that is unfair. Why should a tester get less than a non-tester? They don't just get a whole wonderful world of 3 guaranteed fp's, they also get the problems and headaches and uncertainties, possibly even loss of those fp's with glitches, etc. Not sure that's something to be so envious of.

Now, if testers only got the 3 fp's and couldn't access the fp- , then that would be unfair. A tester shouldn't have their access to fast passing rides on their vacation taken away just for agreeing to be a tester. Who would possibly want to or even agree to test if their vacation experience was going to be downgraded by testing and would mean less access than others? Sort of sad how people's petty jealousy suddenly pops up when they think someone got something they didn't.

This exactly!!! I couldn't agree more with the above.. I was a fast pass tester for just under two weeks the end of August. I spent a total of 8 of my vacation hours helping work out glitches while standing at various registers and customer service desks waiting for someone who knew what they were actually doing to fix the issues.. I knew what I was getting into when I signed up to be a Lab rat- but had a been denied regular FP and had to spend all that vacation time helping Disney perfect their bands.....I would have been pretty dang Grumpy!

Im currently a tester (me and the rest of pop and other test hotels. Boy do I feel special) I was not into it at first but I kinda of like it now (though I do hope thay it is not limited to one park as well. Maybe include that in the ph fee?) Anyway, I have pulled 4 total paper fast passes (tsmm, splash, space x2) last year we definitely got more. Still, I don't see how its not fair. Its not like only fp+ is available or only fp+ people can get regular fast pass.

Today is our last day. I want to go to every park. I think I've lost it.

I'm sorry if I am slow to pick this up, but I just wanted to clarify something from a couple of pages back:

Do old KTTW cards work? I have our old ones, but they are not the RFID ones. Will they work at the FP machines or not? They did have tickets attached to them (obviously used) because they were part of a package.

Thanks for the info!

I'm sorry if I am slow to pick this up, but I just wanted to clarify something from a couple of pages back: Do old KTTW cards work? I have our old ones, but they are not the RFID ones. Will they work at the FP machines or not? They did have tickets attached to them (obviously used) because they were part of a package. Thanks for the info!

The old KTTW cards we used were RFID room only cards. I think the key to them working us the room only. We went to MNSSHP last night and have RFID cards from that I am curious to see if they will pull a fast pass. Although we have had the ability to pull multiple fast passes it has not been busy so we really have not done it, we have only pulled fast passed our first day at DHS.

I just got back from a trip where we tested the My Magic system. We linked our tickets to our account and Magic Bands, and were able to make our FP+ selections and also use paper FP machines with our KTTW card.

I completed the survey Disney sent to me about the testing, and in it, they specifically asked if we had also made use of the paper FP tickets, and then asked a couple of questions about the numbers of FP+ and paper FP that we had used. Seems to me that Disney has no problem with also using paper FP along with FP+, and they even seem to expect it.

It makes sense if you think about it, as non-testers can use more than three paper FPs in a day, so why should testers be punished by being limited to only three FPs in total?

I just got back from a trip where we tested the My Magic system. We linked our tickets to our account and Magic Bands, and were able to make our FP+ selections and also use paper FP machines with our KTTW card. I completed the survey Disney sent to me about the testing, and in it, they specifically asked if we had also made use of the paper FP tickets, and then asked a couple of questions about the numbers of FP+ and paper FP that we had used. Seems to me that Disney has no problem with also using paper FP along with FP+, and they even seem to expect it. It makes sense if you think about it, as non-testers can use more than three paper FPs in a day, so why should testers be punished by being limited to only three FPs in total?

I totally agree

If you use you magic band to enter the park, how can your KTTW cards be used in the old fast pass machines? Don't you have to use them to get into the parks before they can be used at the FP machines?? TIA!!

If you use you magic band to enter the park, how can your KTTW cards be used in the old fast pass machines? Don't you have to use them to get into the parks before they can be used at the FP machines?? TIA!!

I don't know how it works, but it did for us. We never used our cards to enter a park, only the Magic Bands. The cards worked perfectly fine in the FP machines though. I'm guessing because they were linked to the same tickets that the Magic Band is linked to, which are the tickets that were used to enter the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter