FYI RE: "Double Dipping"

can someone explain how i was able to book FP+ because when i called disney the CM said my resort was not testing at the time of my visit and that i was not selected. then i did online check-in and was able to do it. Is it open to everyone for early Nov, or was that CM wrong? i did not get an email or invite any other way. I'm certainly happy that i was able to do it.. very.. but i just keep wondering.

No, they will not work because you had tickets on those keys. Old keys will only work if they are room only, with no tickets ever attached to them.

I have some old keys in my "one day I'll scrapbook all this stuff" box from May 2013 when I went with my AP... very curious to try this out!!

can someone explain how i was able to book FP+ because when i called disney the CM said my resort was not testing at the time of my visit and that i was not selected. then i did online check-in and was able to do it. Is it open to everyone for early Nov, or was that CM wrong? i did not get an email or invite any other way. I'm certainly happy that i was able to do it.. very.. but i just keep wondering.

Do you have MBs from previous trip?

I don't know.

I'm at a testing resort, I was able to customize MBs and receive them, I continue to be able to book/modify FP+, and I NEVER got an invite. Go figure! Oh and we leave for POR on Friday.

I just found this thread about double-dipping. I'm going to look and see if my question was already answered, but have limited time, so I wanted to go ahead and post.

We have until midnight tomorrow to choose to be testers for Magic Band and FP+ for our trip 10/13-10/15 (2 adults and 3 kids). We already have PH NE tickets to use. We also have 2 non-ticket KTTW cards from earlier this year.

Any reason NOT to sign up for FP+? From my quick reading, it sounds like we will be able to still get regular FP-, which is very important based on our touring. Thanks.

I'm intrigued by the reports that old room only KTTW cards can be used for FP's. We have been at WDW 3 times already this year because of a daughter starting the college program, and then getting promoted to a professional internship, and are going to visit again in November. I have 4 room only KTTW cards from this year (all of which had the RFID technology to get into the room, make charges, etc). I also have an annual pass.

When I go to MDE, all four of those room cards and my AP are shown as active cards. I also ordered and customized magic bands for our November trip and made FP+ reservations for each day of our stay.

I understand, and was told on the phone, that I will receive a new room card even though I will be getting a MB and that I should carry that and my AP in case there is a problem with the MB. Are you telling me that I could use any of these old KTTW cards, plus my AP and the new KTTW card, to get FP's out of the machines? I wouldn't really do that, but it amazes me if I could.

I wonder if those old cards work because they are linked to your account on MDE. I also wonder if the system would let you use any ONE of those cards but not more than one from one person's account on the same day.

The "double dipping" seems fair to me because of the testing aspect of the MB system, but if you can use more than one card to get FPs, that seems like a glitch in the system which is being allowed for now because not many people would know about it and/or have the gall to exploit it.

I should add one more perspective to the complaints about "double dipping". I want to try the MB and FP+ on our upcoming trip to see how it works. Because the main purpose of our trip is to visit our daughter and attend the Food and Wine Festival, I'm not concerned about whether FP+ affects the number of overall FPs we can get. But, one aspect of the system for now is that cast members who enter the park with their cast member ID's cannot link their tickets to an MB (even if she is staying in the room with us and will be getting an MB). Therefore, she cannot use FP+. So, we may not use our FP+ when our daughter is with us because she wouldn't be able to join us on the attraction. I have to assume that CMs will eventually be able to use FP+ if and when it becomes the exclusive method for FP's. Otherwise, families of CMs who enter the parks on the CM's gate pass would be aced out of the FP system completely.

I just found this thread about double-dipping. I'm going to look and see if my question was already answered, but have limited time, so I wanted to go ahead and post.

We have until midnight tomorrow to choose to be testers for Magic Band and FP+ for our trip 10/13-10/15 (2 adults and 3 kids). We already have PH NE tickets to use. We also have 2 non-ticket KTTW cards from earlier this year.

Any reason NOT to sign up for FP+? From my quick reading, it sounds like we will be able to still get regular FP-, which is very important based on our touring. Thanks.

By all accounts, including what I have been told directly, you will still be able to get FPs the old fashioned way. So, I see no reason not to sign up for FP+. If you end up not using any of the FP+ reservations, you won't have lost anything.

I'm not sure if this has been answered but here goes. I'll be staying three nights in Nov at AKL. I have customized my MBs and dome FPs for those days. We have an AP voucher which is linked. After those three night we will be moving to a time share with two other couples. Can I then use a hard copy of my AP to get regular FPs so all six of us will be able to go together? Will I actually get a paper/plastic AP. when I turn in my voucher? So confusing.

If you do not customize magic bands now, you will still be given Magicbands at check in for charging purposes. Either way, you will be given KTTW cards.

You might as well customize them so you can choose your own colour. You can choose to not book FP+ but as of right now, there is no reason not to.

I'm intrigued by the reports that old room only KTTW cards can be used for FP's. We have been at WDW 3 times already this year because of a daughter starting the college program, and then getting promoted to a professional internship, and are going to visit again in November. I have 4 room only KTTW cards from this year (all of which had the RFID technology to get into the room, make charges, etc). I also have an annual pass.

When I go to MDE, all four of those room cards and my AP are shown as active cards. I also ordered and customized magic bands for our November trip and made FP+ reservations for each day of our stay.

I understand, and was told on the phone, that I will receive a new room card even though I will be getting a MB and that I should carry that and my AP in case there is a problem with the MB. Are you telling me that I could use any of these old KTTW cards, plus my AP and the new KTTW card, to get FP's out of the machines? I wouldn't really do that, but it amazes me if I could.

I wonder if those old cards work because they are linked to your account on MDE. I also wonder if the system would let you use any ONE of those cards but not more than one from one person's account on the same day.

The "double dipping" seems fair to me because of the testing aspect of the MB system, but if you can use more than one card to get FPs, that seems like a glitch in the system which is being allowed for now because not many people would know about it and/or have the gall to exploit it.

I should add one more perspective to the complaints about "double dipping". I want to try the MB and FP+ on our upcoming trip to see how it works. Because the main purpose of our trip is to visit our daughter and attend the Food and Wine Festival, I'm not concerned about whether FP+ affects the number of overall FPs we can get. But, one aspect of the system for now is that cast members who enter the park with their cast member ID's cannot link their tickets to an MB (even if she is staying in the room with us and will be getting an MB). Therefore, she cannot use FP+. So, we may not use our FP+ when our daughter is with us because she wouldn't be able to join us on the attraction. I have to assume that CMs will eventually be able to use FP+ if and when it becomes the exclusive method for FP's. Otherwise, families of CMs who enter the parks on the CM's gate pass would be aced out of the FP system completely.

Yes, you can use any and ALL of those media to pull FPs on any given day. Right now from this summer I have 12 key cards, plus my AP plus my MB plus the kids MBs. I can go into a park and at the same time pull 13 paper FPs and use all 5 MBs. With only me in the park. So in theory I could be holding 18 FPs for the same attraction at the same time for 1 person.

Obviously I'm not doing that and I certainly don't have time for such silliness but we do collect paper FPs to add to our collection so I do pull them 2 at a time to bring home.

Yes, you can use any and ALL of those media to pull FPs on any given day. Right now from this summer I have 12 key cards, plus my AP plus my MB plus the kids MBs. I can go into a park and at the same time pull 13 paper FPs and use all 5 MBs. With only me in the park. So in theory I could be holding 18 FPs for the same attraction at the same time for 1 person. Obviously I'm not doing that and I certainly don't have time for such silliness but we do collect paper FPs to add to our collection so I do pull them 2 at a time to bring home.

Any idea how long regular FP will be available for guests that have Magic Bands / FP+?

I'm wondering if we will still have access to legacy FP in December.

Any idea how long regular FP will be available for guests that have Magic Bands / FP+?

I'm wondering if we will still have access to legacy FP in December.

No idea. I am really hoping we will. I can't see them removing it when AP holders (without resort reservations) and offsite guests don't have any access. Then they'd have nothing.
But I never say never when it comes to Disney and this stuff because they've already shocked the heck out of me with some of these decisions.

No idea. I am really hoping we will. I can't see them removing it when AP holders (without resort reservations) and offsite guests don't have any access. Then they'd have nothing.
But I never say never when it comes to Disney and this stuff because they've already shocked the heck out of me with some of these decisions.

They don't have to physically remove the old FP machines to stop the double dipping. They just need to get to a point where the Magicbands work well enough they don't have to back them up with KTTW cards for everyone (make it either/or).........and reprogram the machines to only take media that was used to enter the park that day.

2 problems with this of course:

1) Wanting a Disney IT system to be glitch free...... hmmmmmm.....

and

2) Then the onsite guests would be limited to 3 Fps per day while everyone would still be able to get as many as possible.

They don't have to physically remove the old FP machines to stop the double dipping. They just need to get to a point where the Magicbands work well enough they don't have to back them up with KTTW cards for everyone (make it either/or).........and reprogram the machines to only take media that was used to enter the park that day.

2 problems with this of course:

1) Wanting a Disney IT system to be glitch free...... hmmmmmm.....

and

2) Then the onsite guests would be limited to 3 Fps per day while everyone would still be able to get as many as possible.

Yep. And I wait with my breath held. We won't be able to make fastpass+ until we get there. So I won't be pleased being limited to 3 AND having to make them when I check in. Bleh. But I've done enough whining that I am sure all Disboarders are intimately aware of my ticket issues at this point lol.

Yes, you can use any and ALL of those media to pull FPs on any given day. Right now from this summer I have 12 key cards, plus my AP plus my MB plus the kids MBs. I can go into a park and at the same time pull 13 paper FPs and use all 5 MBs. With only me in the park. So in theory I could be holding 18 FPs for the same attraction at the same time for 1 person.

Obviously I'm not doing that and I certainly don't have time for such silliness but we do collect paper FPs to add to our collection so I do pull them 2 at a time to bring home.

Us too - we had 6 Key Cards used for RO ressies from Oct & Dec 2012 & our 3 AP's = 9 total cards so we could each pull 3 FP's simultaneously for the same rides OR spread them out & FP different rides without having to wait for the normal window of time needed between pulling FP's. If it was just me in the park alone I could have used all 6 Key Cards & my AP & pulled 7 FP's at a time for myself.

Like you we did NOT do this - we saved the extra FPs for our scrapbooks and rode standby because the lines were more than reasonable during Sept anyway.

Any update on using KTTW for FP at Animal Kingdom? We are planning to hop on our AK day. Wish I could make 1 FP+ at AK and 2 for other park. Hoping I might be able to pull 1 FP- while there but read that a few people recently were not able to get them at AK.

Thanks,
Tammy

Any update on using KTTW for FP at Animal Kingdom? We are planning to hop on our AK day. Wish I could make 1 FP+ at AK and 2 for other park. Hoping I might be able to pull 1 FP- while there but read that a few people recently were not able to get them at AK.

Thanks,
Tammy

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if we should use the KTTW card to enter AK so that our FP will work there? Conversely if we do that will our FP+not work on our bands because we didnt enter the park using that?

Any update on using KTTW for FP at Animal Kingdom? We are planning to hop on our AK day. Wish I could make 1 FP+ at AK and 2 for other park. Hoping I might be able to pull 1 FP- while there but read that a few people recently were not able to get them at AK. Thanks, Tammy
I wonder if anyone there recently has any new info on this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter