• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ is Live! Magic Bands in the park!

I agree - it's kind of 'fun' to speculate, and I realize that is all it is. It's still talking about Disney! I know some people are REALLY upset:scared1:, but I just see these threads as a discussion on something that interests many of us.;)
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I agree - it's kind of 'fun' to speculate, and I realize that is all it is. It's still talking about Disney! I know some people are REALLY upset:scared1:, but I just see these threads as a discussion on something that interests many of us.;)

I agree it is fun and interesting to specualte and debate/discuss the possibilities. However, the sometimes overwhelming, yet unfounded, sentiment that the "sky is falling (again)" gets difficult after a while.

For the record I wasn't bothered by anything directed at me. I take things in stride.

And while this might be a repeat for some people, I've only recently returned to the boards after a few years away. It's a new discussion for me which is why I got a little invested in it.

Overall, though, no harm done, I'm enjoying the discussion.

For the record I wasn't bothered by anything directed at me. I take things in stride.

And while this might be a repeat for some people, I've only recently returned to the boards after a few years away. It's a new discussion for me which is why I got a little invested in it.

Overall, though, no harm done, I'm enjoying the discussion.

Same here. :hug:

In case it was unclear to anyone, I was always only discussing and sharing what I understand the current FP+ situation to be. I am confident that the vast majority of posters here would agree that it does not read as arguing. I have no illusions about the scope of what I (and most everyone else) know--which is very little. All I have to go on is what is published on Disney sites and what the fine folks of the DISboards community have reasonably guessed to date. But I will not put supposed "official" information from a single CM ahead of the collective knowledge of the many helpful posters here on the DISboards (especially when they are in contrast to each other) and was pointing out that distinction to the quoted poster who appears to have taken it in the good-natured manner intended.

for those people that do NOT have a smart phone, I understand they will have kiosks throughout the park - but are they supposed to 'remember' their fastpass times throughout the day - without that traditional paper FP and no smart phone - how is that possible?
The same way these people remember every other important thing in their lives.

I think that it's important to remember that a FP is really just a reservation not unlike a dining reservation. Many times, we have been in the parks and called to see about dining reservations for that evening. If openings were available, they would schedule it for us and we would have to remember to show up at the correct time. How did we remember? We wrote it down or we typed a note in our phone/pda or we simply remembered the reservation time.
Last beef - I am confident Disney monitors these boards and other sights - I cannot believe the continue to allow all of this speculation to occur without some damage control from a PR stand point - it makes me think they are up a creek without a paddle. Let's just say I deal with Disney on a regular basis for business, and I have heard multiple different accounts of what, when, how this will work - why are they allowing their staff to misinform?
How do we know that the staff is actually misinforming? Even if we have two CMs, one who says that you can't use both FP & FP+ and the other who says that you will be able to prereserve FP+s and get same-day FPs, we don't know if those two statements are contrary or simply definitional.

Basically, I think that these threads may or may not identify issues that TPTB didn't think of but mostly I think that they just help out the person who has to write the FAQ.

I understood that those staying offsite could only get access to fastpass once they entered the park. If that's true, than they will not have access to the 60 day booking window. Those with room reservations and annual passes are the only ones with the 60 day advantage. But what about those that bought annual passes and don't plan on activating them until they go to the park for the first time?
That is not how I understand it. As I understand it, anyone who holds a valid ticket will be able to make FP reservations up to sixty days in advance. This is not tied to room reservations. The only people who would not be able to make advance FP reservations are those people who buy their tickets at the gate because they would not have been previously holding valid tickets that would allow for advance FP reservations. This, of course, includes those who upgrade their tickets after arrival. They would only be able to make advance FP reservations for the number of days for which they held valid tickets in advance.

I read every fp + thread.. it's just good therapy :) and helps pass the time until our trip.. I look at it this way, every fp + thread gets us 1 day closer to disney and 1 day closer to not having to use fp + :)

hoping that

:thumbsup2

I can't wait for FP+. We like to go at rope drop and go back to the room around lunch time and swim or take naps, then go back to the park at night. This will allow us to use our fp for the evenings when we go back to the park. We will be able to enjoy the park in the morning without worrying about running around to get a fp and if the times will coordinate with lunch and our afternoon break. If we want to see a parade or show at night, hopefully those will be options as well. I like to plan before we go, I don't like to plan while we are there. I believe this will allow for a more casual approach to the parks since you can get your fp for must dos ahead of time. For those with no kids or older kids, the old system was great, but for those of us with small kids, having one person run around to all the differents kiosks was stressful. Also, With FP+ we will be able to get a few fp for the evening of our arrival. I was not going to plan a park on our first day, but with fp+, I think I will try to schedule some things for that first evening.

I also feel this will make staying on property even more of an advantage. Since Disney is cutting back on promotions, this will allow them to offer an advantage to its guests who book rooms at wdw. One advantage to emh is not having wait in long lines. This gives you a similar experience and Disney can cut back employee hours. For season pass holders, I hope they have access to this system in some form or fashion. Those passes are not cheap.

You're making it sound better than I originally thought. I was afraid you need to plan out your day in entirety by the minute. Like I said I do like a good plan. We plan to come back in 2 years with both our kids, my mom, and my MIL, FIL, and BIL. So this could come in hand.

As of Sunday May 12th, Fastpass+ has begun phase 1 of the roll out. Phase 1 consists of releasing FP+ to a limited number resort of guests each day, with some having the chance to have magic bands. The current number of people per day is only about 100 total throughout the four parks, so it will be very rare if you are out looking for them. All attraction touch points have been uncovered and CM's are getting training updates regularly. All other FP operations remain the same.

Want to try and be a part of the first phase? Here is a hint. Only a few people know where to ask to be a part, see your resorts concierge host/hostess for more information ;););)

I'm hoping that by the time I go in December they will have ironed out all the kinks and it'll be commonplace. :)

As of Monday May 12th, Fastpass+ has begun phase 1 of the roll out. Phase 1 consists of releasing FP+ to a limited number resort of guests each day, with some having the chance to have magic bands. The current number of people per day is only about 100 total throughout the four parks, so it will be very rare if you are out looking for them. All attraction touch points have been uncovered and CM's are getting training updates regularly. All other FP operations remain the same.

Want to try and be a part of the first phase? Here is a hint. Only a few people know where to ask to be a part, see your resorts concierge host/hostess for more information ;););)

For real? I'm suspicious. For starters, May 12th isn't a Monday.

So do we know the specifics then??? Are people only allowed to get 3 fastpasses a day, or can they use the fastpass+ in conjunction with the regular fastpass system?

Not gonna lie, we'd be pretty darn disappointed and annoyed if we're only allowed to get 3 fastpasses a day.

So do we know the specifics then??? Are people only allowed to get 3 fastpasses a day, or can they use the fastpass+ in conjunction with the regular fastpass system?

Not gonna lie, we'd be pretty darn disappointed and annoyed if we're only allowed to get 3 fastpasses a day.

From what I know, the people that have it right now are able to book 3 FP+ and still use the regular FP system also. I am 99% sure this will be the way thing go until the paper FP system is removed down the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter