FP+ is Live! Magic Bands in the park!

Is this not stressing anyone else out? I am not fond of the idea of fp+ at all and don't want to have to so intensely plan my trips! Can someone offer some of the positives of this system for people other than over planners?

Hopefully it is rolled out by late August. It sounds fun and we would love to give it a try.

Is this not stressing anyone else out? I am not fond of the idea of fp+ at all and don't want to have to so intensely plan my trips! Can someone offer some of the positives of this system for people other than over planners?

It's stressing a lot of people out. There's no way of knowing just what the ups and downs of the system will be (for certain) until it is up and running outside of the testing. All we can really do is wait...and wait..

Why would you want to pay for it? WDW is expensive enough and if they were to take away that privilege I for one would be very angry! :confused3

I'm sure it's not the issue of it being free, but more the issue of you only being allowed to get 3 fastpasses per day, having to schedule in advance, the problems this would cause with park hopping etc.

I agree, and am not happy about the change, unless something happens where you are able to get just as many fastpasses as you used to be on the old system. 3 fastpasses a day is next to nothing for us.

You don't have to plan intently for your vacation. Use it as much or as little as you wish. The old FP system is still in place and available. The positives are that you can reserve a few FP at set times so you can plan your touring instead of running around the parks collecting FP's all day (can you tell they make me do the running:lmao:). Probable not perfect, but I am willing to try it and see how it goes.

I also like that I can wear the wristband and just go without having to bring a room key, credit card, cash, etc.... One band does it all.

I wouldn't say that it is stressing me out, but I know that I am anxious to hear how the new system will work. Looks like we will finally be able to start getting some real first hand information on the new process. With a trip coming up in July, I really have been waiting to hear how the new process would impact us. I get the feeling that both will still be up and running, but it would be nice to have an opportunity to test out the new system and still rely on the old system during our first FP+ experience.

I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there any consideration for fp runners with the bands? I don't think DH will want to wear 6 bands, and I can't imagine dragging the kids to btmrr if we're in tomorrowland just to get a fp. I hope there is some way to link them!

I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but is there any consideration for fp runners with the bands? I don't think DH will want to wear 6 bands, and I can't imagine dragging the kids to btmrr if we're in tomorrowland just to get a fp. I hope there is some way to link them!

Presumably the FP runner would have to carry everyone's wristbands (just like now the runner has to carry everyone's ticket).

As long as there will always be a free option, I'll be ok with the new system. It's just that I remembered reading a long time ago that the FP+ referred to the pay-extra option to pre-schedule your FPs, which is something I am not interested in at all. I thought the limit of 3 referred to the pay option, not the free FPs. But mostly I'm hoping that they won't be phasing out the free FPs.

As long as there will always be a free option, I'll be ok with the new system. It's just that I remembered reading a long time ago that the FP+ referred to the pay-extra option to pre-schedule your FPs, which is something I am not interested in at all. I thought the limit of 3 referred to the pay option, not the free FPs. But mostly I'm hoping that they won't be phasing out the free FPs.

No plans AFAIK to make FP or FP+ pay-only. You might be thinking of Universal, where you can get something similar to FP, but you have to pay extra for it.

How does this new system work? I'm going June 30, can I call now and ask about it? Or do I have to wait until I get there to see if I am one of the lucky ones?

No plans AFAIK to make FP or FP+ pay-only. You might be thinking of Universal, where you can get something similar to FP, but you have to pay extra for it.

Nope, not thinking of Universal. I read it in regards to Disney's FP+. Good to know they are not moving towards pay only. I would not be pleased.

Yes, it is really stressful for me. NOT HAPPY at all!

There wouldn't be any runnning and pulling a fastpass with the bands. From what I understand, You would book them in advance or in the parks from certralized kiosks. There will be no more going to that attraction to get FP. I ma guessing the in order to use traditional FP and FP+ during the testing guests must be given a magic band AND a ticket on KTTW or paper. I don't see any other way of using both.

There wouldn't be any runnning and pulling a fastpass with the bands. From what I understand, You would book them in advance or in the parks from certralized kiosks. There will be no more going to that attraction to get FP. I ma guessing the in order to use traditional FP and FP+ during the testing guests must be given a magic band AND a ticket on KTTW or paper. I don't see any other way of using both.

Not necessarily true. One theory is that you will get 3 attractions per day that you can FP+ in advance, and in addition to those 3 you will be able to "pull" (virtually) FPs the day of from the attractions just like before. No one knows if this is true or not, just speculation.

Not necessarily true. One theory is that you will get 3 attractions per day that you can FP+ in advance, and in addition to those 3 you will be able to "pull" (virtually) FPs the day of from the attractions just like before. No one knows if this is true or not, just speculation.

This is the scenario I'm hoping is true. I do like the idea of a central location instead of having to zig-zag around the park. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Can anyone tell us how this is working? Are they giving out bands at check-in and allowing those selected to make advance FP+ reservations then? Or are people being selected prior to arriving? We'll be there in a few weeks and curious as to how this is going to affect wait times with FP+, regular FP and stand-by options.

You may book FP in advance, or day of from a computer/smartphone/kiosk.

Will there still be walk-ups? For example, if we are riding BTMRR and notice that the FP return time for Splash works well for our schedule can we go the a kiosk and get FP on the spot? If it works the way it does now with the main difference being an electronic 'ticket' instead of a paper one, that's a pretty manageable change. Or would that be something we do via smartphone if we're already in the park that day?

Also, how far in advance people can book will be key. In theory you can book table service dining the day of, but good luck getting a seat at CRT if you're not 180 days out. I think the concern on many peoples' part is that - like popular dining spots - popular attractions will have to be booked way in advance or FP will not be available.

Would like to see them strike a good balance between day-of and advance reservations. My hope is that they hold a significant number of reservations for walk-up type distribution like they have now with the paper system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter