1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

FP+ is Live! Magic Bands in the park!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by PrettyFlower2, Apr 24, 2013.

1. wilkeliza

wilkeliza DIS Veteran

I do believe it is just for training of CMs and not that it is live. If it is live more than 100 guests would be using it. Just a guess based on some scheduled training going on for CMs in GR and attractions.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cheer25mom

cheer25mom DIS Veteran

Well, crap! We leave 2 weeks from Sunday. What is this going to mean for us? How quickly is this rollout going to go? Will we still be able to use regular fastpass or are we ging to be forced into fastpass plus?

4. buzzCMlightyear

buzzCMlightyear PERNER OWNER

It will be very slow right now. The regular FP system will still be in use for some time now.

5. CerysG

CerysG Mouseketeer

Well I hope it's up and running when we go at the end of August, especially if we can use both FP systems. There certanly some days when we are going to the water parks in the day and one of parks with late evening hours so it would be great to be able to book fp for the evening! Guess we'll see what happens but if this is true they must be getting closer to going live.

6. aVASTGrl

aVASTGrl DIS Veteran

Wait wait wait...the regular FREE FPs are going to be phased out?? I thought the FP+ was supposed to be an optional supplement for people who want to pay extra for it, and the regular FPs were still going to be available to the rest of us who aren't interested??

I'll admit I haven't kept up with all of the news, very disappointed if this is the case :(

7. ghtx

ghtx DIS Veteran

No, you thought wrong. FP+ will be free, and eventually it will replace old FP.

8. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:(

9. buzzCMlightyear

Attractions CM's are required to have the training before being able to work. Each week will include more people.

10. buzzCMlightyear

More like :cool1:

11. diskids2

diskids2 <font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag

Ok if this is true, then I'm hoping some DIS members will be part of the "training/test/rollout/whatever" and report back!

12. wilkeliza

wilkeliza DIS Veteran

Ah. I was only going based off scheduled training I have seen from my other CM friends. I'm not at a FP+ attraction so we don't know how it will affect us. We do need swipe cards so once the bands roll out we will have to adapt.

13. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Why would you want to pay for it? WDW is expensive enough and if they were to take away that privilege I for one would be very angry! :confused3

14. cinderella521

cinderella521 Earning My Ears

Definitely agreeing here!! I have been following these topics like crazy for these updates and this has been my worst fear as we leave in 6 days!!! Hopefully we will hear more about what is going on before then!

15. ArwenMarie

ArwenMarie DIS Veteran

Awesome can't wait! So hope this is all up and running by the end of August!

16. conniehar90

conniehar90 DIS Veteran

Is this going to be available to everyone or only on property guests? I surely hope us offsiters will not be losing the FP offering.

17. buzzCMlightyear

As of now for the testing phases with limited people, it is only for resort guests. Once it is all completely rolled out, everyone will be able to participate.

18. ThurlFan

ThurlFan Grim Ghost

CCan we get a recap of how the system will work once fully implemented? Does the disappearance of the paper PF mean that all FP will be pre-scheduled, or only that RFID posts will replace the paper kiosks. If the only way to get FP willl be to schedule them a day aheead then that is a serious negative for my family, especially if the limit remains 3 FP per day.

19. Diegosmom

Diegosmom DIS Veteran

Do we know what resort they are doing this at? Just one, more then one?

20. buzzCMlightyear

You may book FP in advance, or day of from a computer/smartphone/kiosk.

21. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

This is exciting news. We're a few steps closer to seeing how FP+ plays out. :thumbsup2: Hang in there everyone.