February 27, 2011 - 4 Night on the Disney Dream!

Hi all I hope everyone has had a good weekend:thumbsup2 I have some exciting news to I just have to share!! We had our ultrasound on Thursday and after having 3 boys I am now having a GIRL!!!!:cloud9: Can you believe it?? I am in so much shock!! For the first time I will get to do princess stuff at Disney! Even tho she will only be 5 months old I am doing it allprincess: Anyway I just needed to share that the impossible just happened!! By the way my husband is looking for more work if anyone is hiring (JK:rotfl2:)

Congrats!

I just found out that there will be a space shuttle launch on Feb 26!

We missed the last night launch this year only because they postponed the launch! Looks like we get another chance!!

We are flying into Orlando on Fed 25 and staying at the Country Inn and Suites.....

Make sure you have your room booked!

Now that they announced the launch for the 26th, all the rooms will book up VERY quickly. I just tried to get Feb 25 to 27 at Country Inn and got this:

We're sorry, there are no rooms available on your requested dates. Please amend your dates or try another hotel.

Glad I made mine a long time ago!

I'm going with a long time friend but im a single mom and am always looking for Disney travel mates. Maybe we could meet up? I know they have those mixers for people traveling solo.

I'm going on this cruise solo. Can't wait to see the Dream

Staying in Cat 11A.

Make sure you have your room booked!

Now that they announced the launch for the 26th, all the rooms will book up VERY quickly. I just tried to get Feb 25 to 27 at Country Inn and got this:

We're sorry, there are no rooms available on your requested dates. Please amend your dates or try another hotel.

Glad I made mine a long time ago!

Yeah, I'm glad I booked mine too I got it for Feb 26-27 though. I guess there's no chance of getting it cheaper through priceline now .

My mom lived in Cocoa for many years, and I once stood in her yard awaiting a shuttle launch. They stopped the clock about 3 seconds prior to liftoff. :( I would never base my travel plans around a shuttle launch that is frequently postponed.

and we had a great time! Hope you get this booking too - we are doing this and the March 3 cruise- but first have to finish getting ready for the WBTA

krisann

Hi Krisann,

That's why I haven't been on here much either. I didn't know you'd booked this cruise, too. :yay::yay:

Our plans pre- and post-cruise right now are to fly in Saturday and stay at the AKV and then return there Thursday after the cruise and leave Sunday. Gots to get our WDW fix after all!

And congrats to luvmyredheadboys on the little girl. There's nothing like a little princess in the family. :yay::yay::yay: Can't wait to see her.

Add us to the list! (is there a list? :confused3 )

Just the two of us right now.

Dan & Colleen - Deck 12 - Cat T

We asked our three teen boys (18,17, 15) if they were interested, but it is a busy time at school/Hockey for them.
We will probably stay one night before and after in WDW.

-Dan

We're booked on this cruise, too! It's our first DCL cruise, and the very first cruise for my husband and three kids. :cool1: Our kids will be 12 (son), 9 (daughter) and 6 (son) at the time of the cruise. Also with us will be my parents, brother & SIL & their 2 kids, as well as aunts, uncles and cousins. To say we're excited is an understatement!

I'm so glad I found this site and this thread. Any advice from you DCL veterans will be much appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Laura

P.S. - We're in an 8B on Deck 9

Yeah, more cruisers! I am sure we will get an official list going as the cruise gets closer! As soon as our family gets back from our 2 week WDW trip in Sept, I will be in full cruise planning mode and will work on the FE gift exchange list. So, hang tight for that (unless someone is chomping at the bit to get it done now), but I will be happy to take that on.

I booked a cat. 11C gty, and saw on another thread that someone already received their cabin assgnment for a later Dream cruise. I checked our reservation, and sure enough we have a cabin assigned. It's next door to the cabin I originally booked before rebooking a gty cabin onboard another cruise!

I usually am on top of things when we travel and because of the new baby coming I haven't been I figured that if I go on bed rest before the baby I would have plenty of time to devote to planning and then after the baby while I am sitting up late nights I could plan away BUT then I logg on here yesterday and find out about the launch!!! I am freaking out!! I have been looking for 3 rooms since yesterday and they are sold out everywhere!! This morning I finally got a rooms at the LaQuinta for $99 it includes parking and shuttle. I am a little disappointed I wanted to stay at the Residence Inn but I can't be picky now since it is this or nothing. I am thinking I will keep calling a few places to see if anyone cancels. So if you don't have a room yet I highly suggest you do so now!! I could only find 2 or 3 hotels left and they had little to offer.
Has anyone stayed at the LaQuinta? I am nervous about it. We don't plan on spending any time there tho :0)

I usually am on top of things when we travel and because of the new baby coming I haven't been I figured that if I go on bed rest before the baby I would have plenty of time to devote to planning and then after the baby while I am sitting up late nights I could plan away BUT then I logg on here yesterday and find out about the launch!!! I am freaking out!! I have been looking for 3 rooms since yesterday and they are sold out everywhere!! This morning I finally got a rooms at the LaQuinta for $99 it includes parking and shuttle. I am a little disappointed I wanted to stay at the Residence Inn but I can't be picky now since it is this or nothing. I am thinking I will keep calling a few places to see if anyone cancels. So if you don't have a room yet I highly suggest you do so now!! I could only find 2 or 3 hotels left and they had little to offer.
Has anyone stayed at the LaQuinta? I am nervous about it. We don't plan on spending any time there tho :0)

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn Orlando last year after our cruise , It was like 3 miles from MCO. Our suite was just Ok , the bathroom floor wasn't very clean and the toilet had a big stain in it.....and my girls (who were sleeping on the sofa bed) said it was very lumpy .The blankets were REALLY nasty looking:scared1: We asked for another blanket and It was just as bad . The girls said they would rather die of hypothermia than use them. Of course some time in the middle of the night they chose to live:)
The blankets on our bed were nice though and it was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.That was the only good thing ....well that and the free breakfast . I've read better reviews on the La Quinta Inn's on Cocoa Beach though.

Check out tripadvisor.com to see ratings and reviews. I did check it out, and apparently there are two of them fairly close by, so make sure you are reading the reviews for the right one. And keep checking back at the other hotels...you'll never know if an opening comes up!

Thank you for the heads up about the launch! :thumbsup2 We just booked 4 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Melbourne. :) With the weather we had here last winter, we didn't want to chance flying in the morning the cruise leaves.

Any advice for a first time Disney cruiser?

Laura

Thank you for the heads up about the launch! :thumbsup2 We just booked 4 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Melbourne. :) With the weather we had here last winter, we didn't want to chance flying in the morning the cruise leaves.

Any advice for a first time Disney cruiser?

Laura

Hi Laura,

Welcome to the world of Disney cruises! You may be a first-timer, but we'll all be new to the Dream. First of all, remember:

1. You can't do everything. Every night you'll get a navigator that will tell you all of the next day's activities. Bring a highlighter and mark off the ones that sound the best to you.

2. Make time to do the things that appeal to your family and don't worry about the rest.

3. Don't overpack; it's only 4 days.

4. Remember to bring sunscreen and SPF lip balm for Castaway Cay. (Sunburns will definitely take the fun out of a vacation....been there and done that.)

5. Eat, relax, and have fun.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know, or if you have any questions, ask away.

I am not expecting much from the LaQuinta but my husband promises me that we won't be in the room till late at night and leave early the next morning! I have hotel phobia real bad!! I may even have to wait to shower till I get on the boat:rolleyes::rolleyes: I am hoping that something else opens up before if not it is just for 1 night! We wanted something close to the port with a shuttle so I called and they comfirmed that did. I did read the reviews and so therefore I am not expecting much but hoping for the best. I did check some hotels in Melborne but nne had a shuttle to the port that I could find.
On a side note!! We now officially have a PINK room in our house of blue! I hope she loves it!! We keep telling our boys it is for them:dance3: And I bought her her first Mickey hairbow!! And I am in the works for her custom outfits!! I can't wait......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter