February 27, 2011 - 4 Night on the Disney Dream!

Hi, all! We'll be joining you guys on this cruise. I booked it in Feb but haven't done much planning since I was working on our summer vacation. AirTran had great prices on flights to FL so I just booked the flight and thought I might as well get a hotel as well. Unfortunately, I then discovered all the places I was planning on staying were full b/c of the shuttle. But we were going to have to rent a car anyway b/c we can only fly back home on Saturday, so we'll just park at the port. I did get a room at the Oceanfront La Quinta in Cocoa Beach which doesn't have bad reviews, so hopefully it'll be ok for one night.

Anyway, we are in a Cat 9 on deck 2, and can't wait!

Hi, all! We'll be joining you guys on this cruise. I booked it in Feb but haven't done much planning since I was working on our summer vacation. AirTran had great prices on flights to FL so I just booked the flight and thought I might as well get a hotel as well. Unfortunately, I then discovered all the places I was planning on staying were full b/c of the shuttle. But we were going to have to rent a car anyway b/c we can only fly back home on Saturday, so we'll just park at the port. I did get a room at the Oceanfront La Quinta in Cocoa Beach which doesn't have bad reviews, so hopefully it'll be ok for one night.

Welcome! I will also be flying to Orlando on AirTran, but I am hoping fares go down before I buy my ticket!

Hey there. I'm Paul, and my DW Lisa and I are on the cruise. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and our 50th birthdays.

I have been active over on Lou's site (I started the deck 7 thread). I finally made it over here to the DIS boards. We met a lot of nice people here for our Thanksgiving cruise in 2005. We had about 50 people that met up and ate together. I still have the lime-green t-shirt.

I found a park and cruise package at the Clarion Hotel on Merritt Island. Phone number is 321-452-7711. It is $129.99 + tax for 2 people in a king bed. Parking at the terminal is $15 a day, so you are looking at at least $60 parking. I couldn't find any other hotels with a shuttle, and other hotels in the area were in the $120 range anyway.

Of course, if the shuttle launch slips (not out of the question), then lots of rooms will probably open up.

I heard you could rent cars one way to and from Port Canaveral. Have you checked into that? It might be cheaper than the $60+ parking at the port.

Hey there. I'm Paul, and my DW Lisa and I are on the cruise. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and our 50th birthdays.

I have been active over on Lou's site (I started the deck 7 thread). I finally made it over here to the DIS boards. We met a lot of nice people here for our Thanksgiving cruise in 2005. We had about 50 people that met up and ate together. I still have the lime-green t-shirt..

Hi. I'm on the deck 7 thread but I'm on deck 8! Welcome to the thread over here!:wave2:

I have been active over on Lou's site (I started the deck 7 thread). I finally made it over here to the DIS boards. We met a lot of nice people here for our Thanksgiving cruise in 2005. We had about 50 people that met up and ate together. I still have the lime-green t-shirt.

I found a park and cruise package at the Clarion Hotel on Merritt Island. Phone number is 321-452-7711. It is $129.99 + tax for 2 people in a king bed. Parking at the terminal is $15 a day, so you are looking at at least $60 parking. I couldn't find any other hotels with a shuttle, and other hotels in the area were in the $120 range anyway.

Of course, if the shuttle launch slips (not out of the question), then lots of rooms will probably open up.

I posted on the initial thread over there, but don't visit there too often, and I should!!!

I posted on the initial thread over there, but don't visit there too often, and I should!!!

Yes, the other forum on deck 7 is fairly active. totally more than this one. Lou was at WDW last week. He said he hasn't planned too much yet 'cause Disney hasn't said too much about it. As soon as he knows he will let us know.

Good Morning

Bumping up

Weather is beautiful at the moment here in Kissimmee

I have been active over on Lou's site (I started the deck 7 thread). I finally made it over here to the DIS boards.

Hi, Paul. :wave: What a great way to celebrate milestone birthdays and an anniversary! My friend and I are staying in steerage on deck 2! :lmao: I occasionally post on Lou's site, and am looking forward to reading more cruise details, as well as any post-cruise activities at WDW.

Last week I bought my plane ticket to Orlando for Feb. 24 on AirTran. Yesterday I bought my return ticket for March 9 on Delta. I'm not overly fond of Delta, but they had a REALLY good fare that was hard to ignore. Today that one-way fare is about $45 higher.

Does anyone think it is doable to do the Princess half the morning of the cruise??? I am really pondering it, but realize it will be a tight turn around....

Someone wanna tell me "heck yes!!!" or "no way crazy woman!!!!". Dh has given me the crazy woman answer....,

Does anyone think it is doable to do the Princess half the morning of the cruise??? I am really pondering it, but realize it will be a tight turn around....

Someone wanna tell me "heck yes!!!" or "no way crazy woman!!!!". Dh has given me the crazy woman answer....,

The official TA answer is "it is not recommended...

There are too many variables that could affect your getting to the ship on time.

IMHO It really woulda been nice if WDW had left the marathon scheduled for post cruise~

I guess I should introduce myself, my name is Colleen, I am trinibjill's DD. I am a TA with MFT, have cruised once before on the 7 day eastern on the Magic. My sister recently decided to join us but is nowhere near the Disney fanatic that Mom and I are.

I just spent the last couple days getting caught up here and am really looking forward to this cruise :woohoo:

HECK YES!!! My wife and I will be Running in the princess half that morning along with the other couple we are cruising with. We will be in room 12510 and would love to take part in touring of the other rooms also!

We just got off of a Wonder Cruise and booked this one while on Board!!! :cool1:

It will be myself, DW and 2 DS (Alex 7, Andy 5)!! We are currently in Stateroom 7568. We will also have a big family group with us too, but I will let them introduce if they are so inclined. This will be great!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hi all

It's been awhile since I've been on here and it's exciting to see more people! Yeahhh, seems less far away somehow to read the posts.

Anyway, there is a kids board that was started and my daughter just posted and decide to name it. She calls it the Cool Club, so if anyone wants their kids to join just go to:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2468503 [/URL]

It's a great way for them to meet new friends and get excited for the cruise. Plus it's cute to see what they write.

Hello everyone! I have made a Spreadsheet for this cruise and the March 3 Cruise (for those of us double dipping) - please go out and fill in your info that you have and things you might like to do (Cabin Secret Mickey, Lanyards, etc.)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...FUwUTVYUEl1ZHJ5YmlqLWc&hl=en&authkey=CNHqmY4J

please look at the bottom of the file to select the correct date as both are on there!

Once I get back from the WBTA in october I will be more active on this list :)

Krisann

Just returned from the Magic reposition cruise between Dover and Barcelona. It was an amazing eight days. Booked this cruise while on board. Our 25th wedding anniversary is on March 1, so I thought this cruise on the Dream was a great way to celebrate:banana:.

My husband and I live in St. Augustine, Florida, with our dog, Bailey and four pet goats. Looking forward to meeting everyone in February.

ScubaMickey

Just returned from the Magic reposition cruise between Dover and Barcelona. It was an amazing eight days. Booked this cruise while on board. Our 25th wedding anniversary is on March 1, so I thought this cruise on the Dream was a great way to celebrate:banana:.

My husband and I live in St. Augustine, Florida, with our dog, Bailey and four pet goats. Looking forward to meeting everyone in February.

ScubaMickey

Hi there,

We'll be celebrating our 15th anniversary on the cruise:cool1:I can't wait ...it's getting closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter