February 27, 2011 - 4 Night on the Disney Dream!

I was just wondering what everyone has got done as far as planning goes?Where are you planning to stay pre-cruise/post-cruise? So far I've:
1. Booked our pre-cruise room at Country Inn and Suites ($158.00 hopefully I can get it for $50 later on at priceline)
2. Reserved our budget rental van from MCO-CC5 pre-cruise(20hr rental $85.00)
3. Reserved our post cruise van (2day rental for $133.00)

I used the Disboard code for these rentals and saved ALOT, Before the code the first rental was $116.00 and the second was $313.00 the code isY 937800
We plan on staying in cocoa beach for a couple days after the cruise and have narrowed it down to these hotels. International Palms Resort, Hampton Inn, LaQuinta Inn Oceanfront. It will probably be LaQuinta as it's the cheapest so far. Oh and I've got ALOT of door magnets done :cool1: thanks to the Disigners:)

I was just wondering what everyone has got done as far as planning goes?Where are you planning to stay pre-cruise/post-cruise? So far I've:
1. Booked our pre-cruise room at Country Inn and Suites ($158.00 hopefully I can get it for $50 later on at priceline)
2. Reserved our budget rental van from MCO-CC5 pre-cruise(20hr rental $85.00)
3. Reserved our post cruise van (2day rental for $133.00)

I used the Disboard code for these rentals and saved ALOT, Before the code the first rental was $116.00 and the second was $313.00 the code isY 937800
We plan on staying in cocoa beach for a couple days after the cruise and have narrowed it down to these hotels. International Palms Resort, Hampton Inn, LaQuinta Inn Oceanfront. It will probably be LaQuinta as it's the cheapest so far. Oh and I've got ALOT of door magnets done :cool1: thanks to the Disigners:)

Do you know what Country Inn and Suites' policy is for cancellation (in case you get the better rate)?

Do you know what Country Inn and Suites' policy is for cancellation (in case you get the better rate)?

Yep,now thru Feb 24 2011 no penalty:) So I have plenty of time to get a $50 CIS room deal (hopefully):) Still waiting for SW to release Feb/Mar flights , that will be in Aug...ugh!

I started a thread for our kids so they could all get to know each other before we go . Now if I can figure out how to post a link:confused3http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2468503 I hope I did this right , It's my first try at a link:lmao:

I think it would be great to link up some kids on here. My daughter will be 8 when we sail and my son will be 12. Does anyone have kids simular ages, that would be interested in getting to know each other before we sail. I think it would be so fun for them to have friend(s) on board. They could exchange emails and letters.

I have a son who is 13 - he lives at the stack on the Magic and is really looking forward to the new space on the Dream for the 11-13 year olds!

Krisann

I have a son who is 13 - he lives at the stack on the Magic and is really looking forward to the new space on the Dream for the 11-13 year olds!

Krisann

Maddie's also looking forward to that, she also wishes they had a Teen Pool, the family pool is always too crowded with splashing little kids.Although she was once a splasing little kid:)

I was just wondering what everyone has got done as far as planning goes?Where are you planning to stay pre-cruise/post-cruise?
My friend and I will stay at Bonnet Creek Resort 3 nights pre-cruise and go to Universal. When the cruise ends, we'll stay at the Swan for 5 nights and go to WDW. I will probably fly on AirTran, so I'll have to wait until July or August to book my flights.

My friend and I will stay at Bonnet Creek Resort 3 nights pre-cruise and go to Universal. When the cruise ends, we'll stay at the Swan for 5 nights and go to WDW. I will probably fly on AirTran, so I'll have to wait until July or August to book my flights.

The Swan looks REALLY nice:) Were flying on SW so we also have to wait till Aug. I just hope we have nice weather next year:cool1:

OK, I will keep updating this post so that we have the rooms we want to look at in one place.

How are we going to tour the rooms if we open ours to each other?... Someone has to stay there to let everyone in! Im thinking we should all get together and go from room to room as a group.

Say 3P to 4P ??

Rooms for tour:

1BR Suite - 12506
1BR Suite - 12000

Billinaz, I haven't booked this cruise yet but expect to next week. I was on the EBTA this April and we (DISers) did a Stateroom Tour. FYI this is how it worked:
We did it on a sea day. All interested met in the Atrium (Deck 3 on the Magic), I forget what time but will look it up. The person who organized it handed out a map and the room numbers. He had figured out the best route so we went to the rooms in the order listed, top to bottom. The person who's room it was opened it up and everyone went through and continued on to the next room. If that person wasn't at their room we waited until they got there (usually at the back of the crowd so wait was short). Everyone got to see everyone's staterooms including handicapped rooms which were interesting and it was a nice tour of the ship as I saw decks I had never been on before. Hope this helps you in organizing your tour. I'll be there if I get the booking:dance3:. Karen

We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge the night before (we're DVC members) There will be 6 of us so I may look into that one day rental for the mini van. $85 is pretty economical for 6 of us.

We're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge the night before (we're DVC members) There will be 6 of us so I may look into that one day rental for the mini van. $85 is pretty economical for 6 of us.

Is this something you can book from AKL? Or are you having to reach out externally?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter