February 1, 2013- 4 night Magic from Galveston

do you put one band on one wrist and it lasts the whole trip?.. sorry I'm a newbie and I don't know how these things work and I'm so scared I'm going to get sick:guilty:

The sea bands come in twos and I wear them pretty much all the time. I never feel queasy just wobbly knees. I think it is all in my brain! Sherry:rotfl2:

Hello, my husband, two children and I will be taking our first Disney Cruise. We would like to participate in the Fish Extender exchange. We are in adjoing stateroom with our bestfriend and her son. They would also like to participate. What do I need to do to formally join the group and start planning the fun??
Robin

Robin-mom
Bobby-dad
Bailey-son 9
Jazz-daughter 5

Adjoining stateroom mates-
Rachel-Mom
Rhett-son 8

Robin- will you have 2 fe's hanging or one for both rooms to share?

Thanks!

Our last name is Roberts. Don't know if you are doing kids too, but our granddaughters last name is also Roberts. Thanks Sherry

Thanks so much - just making a little something that needs everyone's last name - nothing to big....

:) Jana

Robin- will you have 2 fe's hanging or one for both rooms to share?

Thanks!

Usually if it is adjoining rooms with one family and their young kids, they share a FE.
Since the other room is her friend and child, they should have a FE of their own.

Does anyone know if there is anything within walking distance of the Cozumel port? We have a 3 year old and most of the excursions won't work for us. I don't really want to committ to an excursion...

Does anyone know if there is anything within walking distance of the Cozumel port? We have a 3 year old and most of the excursions won't work for us. I don't really want to committ to an excursion...

There are all sorts of shops as you walk into the area and not too far from there a big grocery store. We went on an excursion last trip and plan the same one this time to take the kids (ours are adult). We did go to that grocery store before we went back to the ship for some liquid refreshment for my DH. That is all I remember off the top of my head.

There is a Starbucks with Wifi also. Just get a drink and get the code. We also visited that grocery store and plan to go there again. There is also a duty free liquor store right at the end of the dock. The shops are very colorful with lots of cheap t shirts. It should be fine for a 3 year old. Sherry:thumbsup2

We have a three year old as well and are considering taking a taxi to Paradise Beach. It should be $12-15 each way for taxi. There is no entrance fee but they expect adults to order $10 pp in food or beverages. A wristband for the water activities (slide, iceburg, trampoline, etc.) is $12. Beach chairs are $2.

I haven't decided if we are doing this yet. I'm a little iffy about DS riding in a taxi without a carseat.

Hi everyone. We are booked on this cruise as well. My son will celebrate his 13th birthday on the ship. We are doing the Fantacy in December, but when I saw the prices for this one, I could not pass it up. I've talked some frineds in to going with us, and I think it will be a blast. I love that Disney is in Galveston, since we are just a 4 hour drive away. I'm so excited about this trip!

I've never participated in a FE. I have only been on two cruises before (one DCL and one Carnival). CAn someone explain how it works.. I get the general idea, guests exchange gifts in the pockets of the extenders. But whee do you get a fish extender, what types of gifts do you put in, how did this come about? As you can tell, I'm a newbie... but I'm all about Disney and love DCL.

Our youngest son turns 13 a few days before we sail! We are bringing him, as well as our two grown kids (21 and 19), and my parents. I will have a birthday onboard and my parents will celebrate their 47th anniversary two days after!

You beat me to the thread!!! I just booked this cruise for us and four of our adult children. I have headed up several FE exchanges and attended several meets, so I will be glad to keep up with that and I hope we have several others join us. I had looked at the original thread and noticed there was only one that looked like they might also go on this itenerary.

We have been on the Wonder twice and the Fantasy this last May. Loved both of them and we are looking forward to the Magic, especially since we don't have to fly to Florida to get to it!!!

Look forward to chatting.

We are first timers on Disney, but would love to participate in the FE exchange. This is our group:

Rooms 7063 & 7065 (we'll share an FE)

Gina-Mom
Barry-Dad
Hunter-son
Gentry-daughter
Tate-son

Room 7078 - They'll have their own FE.
Ann-grandma
Gene-grandpa

Looking forward to this!!

We have a three year old as well and are considering taking a taxi to Paradise Beach. It should be $12-15 each way for taxi. There is no entrance fee but they expect adults to order $10 pp in food or beverages. A wristband for the water activities (slide, iceburg, trampoline, etc.) is $12. Beach chairs are $2.

I haven't decided if we are doing this yet. I'm a little iffy about DS riding in a taxi without a carseat.

I'm thinking the same thing about paradise beach and have the exact same worries about the taxi ride.

I'm thinking the same thing about paradise beach and have the exact same worries about the taxi ride.

Our kids have been on two cruises, both of which went to Cozumel. We just say a prayer and hang on :scared1::thumbsup2!!! --Katie

Our granddaughters are so excited about the cruise. We had dinner with the girls and they have so many questions. Can't wait for them to experience the Disney Magic! Wish it was sooner but have so much to do before then. :yay: Sherry

My girls don't know about the trip yet! Looking ideas on how to tell them! Planning not to say anything until the night before or morning of!!!!

My girls don't know about the trip yet! Looking ideas on how to tell them! Planning not to say anything until the night before or morning of!!!!

I think Disney Cruise Line does a character phone call for kids. If I remember correctly it should be a request on your online cruise planning. I think I will look it up for my granddaughters also. :wizard: Sherry

I was just starting my cruise check in online and noticed that we will not have a cruise "formal" night. Did anyone else see that? I don't mind at all but was surprised to see it. Sherry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter