February 1, 2013- 4 night Magic from Galveston

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by deltapilotwife, Sep 11, 2012.

1. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

When we board the ship I put my DL in my lanyard right behind my KTTW card. Both of those are needed to come back on board for the adults and just the KTTW for the kids.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

:welcome: So glad you were able to book along with us.
    Can't wait to talk to you about the Panama Canal cruise.

4. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

Got a little more info today, so it is included above in red. As Moe said since they have 2 staterooms side by side he was going to put the FE between them to be the one for the family.

5. skayrobe

skayrobe Mouseketeer

I finished reading the pages for this cruise. It is going to be a great cruise.

The last two Disney Cruises I took we had a meet and greet on sail away day in the Promenade Lounge on Deck 3 at 3:00. We had plenty of time to update room numbers in case anyone buys an upgrade at port, and say Hi before the mandatory Muster Drill. Can't wait for this cruise.:cool1: Sherry

6. skayrobe

skayrobe Mouseketeer

Just a reminder to everyone about your door decorations. There is a crackdown on door decorations with tape or other sticky products. Use magnets only. Make sure the magnets are strong enough to stick to these metal doors that have several layers of paint. Just remembered this from my Dec cruise. Sherrypixiedust:

7. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

We have talked about a meet and greet and I had thought about that Lounge (just could not remember the name).

I don't know everyone's arrival time. I know a few are going to be late for their kids in school, but that is also a time we had a meet on our last Wonder and Fantasy cruise and it does give some time before the drill.

So how does everyone feel about the Promenade Lounge on Deck 3 at 3:00, for a quick meet?

8. tgch123

tgch123 Mouseketeer

Sounds like a plan!:cutie:

9. deltapilotwife

deltapilotwife Mouseketeer

3 pm sounds good to us!

now that christmas is over I can start thinking about the cruise....almost. I go to WDW two weeks from today to run the marathon but I want to get as much done as I can before I go.

10. skayrobe

skayrobe Mouseketeer

I just told my husband the news about the Super Bowl on Feb 3. We are sure it will be on the funnel vision at Goofys pool as well as in Diversions bar. We will have fun wherever we are. :cool1::cool1:sherry

11. ekatiel

ekatiel DIS Veteran

We won't be on board yet (pesky kids in school!!), but I can plan to meet up with towcats later to get the updated sheet. I highly doubt we will be upgraded since we are booked with KSF in an interior. Twocats, maybe you could PM me your cell #, and I can call you in case we are upgraded (we should be checking in right around 3, so I should know by then, we just won't be on board yet)? Sorry for boarding so late. We are already on thin ice with the school district since we pulled the boys out for 3 and half days for WDW. --Katie

12. twokats

twokats DIS Veteran

You are the main one I figured would not be able to join us and I know you need to keep the school district happy.

I will send you my cell phone later, I don't usually turn it off until we are out to sea. Then it goes off and I become untethered!!!

13. skayrobe

skayrobe Mouseketeer

Just a reminder in case you are bringing wine or other alcohol on board to keep in your room's cool box. It has to be carried onboard in your hand luggage. You cannot send it in your luggage that goes to your room.
    :cool1: We had a glass of wine in our stateroom before dinner most nights. ( not sure how well that will work with the granddaughters!). We also had a party in front of the Walt Disney Theater the last night to get of all our extra wine. It was great , we ordered cheese trays(my favorite) from room service(it's free) and a great time saying goodbye to new friends.:banana: Sherry

14. tgch123

tgch123 Mouseketeer

Kathy- Will you have 2 fe's for your 2 rooms? or just 1 for both rooms?

15. jenerra11

jenerra11 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info.....now if the Texans play in the Super bowl,that would be even better.

16. jenerra11

jenerra11 Mouseketeer

17. tgch123

tgch123 Mouseketeer

My DD who is 6 wants to bring one of her Disney Princess gowns(cinderella or snow white) for those of you who have cruised with DCL are there many little girls dressed up in the gowns at dinner? Will she be the only one?princess:

18. skayrobe

skayrobe Mouseketeer

There will be so many little girls in Princess gowns it looks like a fairy tale. They are so very cute. You can have your princess's picture taken with any princess on the ship. Get in line early because they do cut off the lines for pics. So many chances for photo ops. :wizard: Sherry

19. skayrobe

skayrobe Mouseketeer

If you are thinking of buying your princess a dress from the gift store on board , they are about 65.00. The Disney store .com has many of them on sale now during their clearance sale. princess: sherry

20. ekatiel

ekatiel DIS Veteran

Can you even imagine a boat full of Texans watching the Texans play in the Super Bowl??!!! That would be a crazy, loud, fun afternoon!!! :thumbsup2 --Katie

21. slesco

slesco Earning My Ears

We are so excited for this cruise! This will be our first cruise for our entire family! No better way to start than a Disney cruise! All tips and tricks anyone can share would be greatly appreciated! We are sailing with our girls 10, 9 and 2. Thanks in advance!