Fantasmic! Superthread - Or Everything You Need To Know About Fantasmic at Disneyland

When calling to make Dessert Seating Reservations, do they ask the age of children, and then take your credit card info over the phone?

Thanks!

Yes. Unlike a dining reservation, you pay for and purchase the tickets at the time of your reservation for the number of adults and children. They are non transferable to another show and non refundable...so be sure you know when you want to go.

Yes. Unlike a dining reservation, you pay for and purchase the tickets at the time of your reservation for the number of adults and children. They are non transferable to another show and non refundable...so be sure you know when you want to go.

Thanks ParkHopper1!
Fantasmic is only scheduled for Thursday and Friday when we go down (Dec 5-9), so I'm planning on doing the Dessert Seating Thursday. That way if it gets canceled or anything, we can try again on Friday. Of course, I hope it doesn't get canceled!

Saw Fantasmic for the first time last night and I had purchased the dessert package for my husband, daughter and myself. It was so worth the price. We had front row center seats and the show was absolutely incredible. It was so amazing. The dessert box was wonderful as well. I would do this again in a minute.

Thanks ParkHopper1!
Fantasmic is only scheduled for Thursday and Friday when we go down (Dec 5-9), so I'm planning on doing the Dessert Seating Thursday. That way if it gets canceled or anything, we can try again on Friday. Of course, I hope it doesn't get canceled!

My Fiance and I are getting married that morning at the GCH and will also be doing reserved seating for F! that night, so we'll see you there! :)

With the Dessert Package, do you need to still line up/get there significantly prior to the start of F! That on its own would be worth the cost to me...

I have a question about viewing Fantasmic during the holidays. In the past we've always watched the fireworks at 9:30 from the hub and then gone to the second fantastic at 10:30. We have it down to a science with me running ahead to get a spot (usually end up waiting at rope drop into the viewing area and getting a god central seating spot 99% of the time) and DH following later with the kids.

During the holidays the fireworks are at 8:45 with fantastic at 9:00 and 10:15. How will this affect our plan? I was thinking it would be nice to watch the fireworks first and then go on pirates while we wait for the first show to be over or perhaps just wait somewhere? I'm wondering if we'll even be able to make it to that area of the park after the fireworks. Do they block pathways? Is there a rope drop? Does anyone know the best route to take for this scenario?

The pictures pretty much sold me on the dessert package reserved seating. I am going to surprise my family with this on the first night of our trip :cool1:

With the Dessert Package, do you need to still line up/get there significantly prior to the start of F! That on its own would be worth the cost to me...

From the OP
How are seats assigned for the reserved area?

Seats are assigned on a first come, first served basis starting at 8PM. The place to go to get your assigned seats is location #8 in the viewing area map near the top of this thread.

When should I arrive to get my seat assignments?

Anywhere from 6-8PM. Those who come at 6PM get the best seats. The seats are generally laid out in three rows and especially if you have the back row you have some latitude to move your chair around.

People start lining up at 6PM for seat selection and then wait until 8PM to get their seats if they want the first row of seats closer to the center. Those who show up later get second and third row.

The view from the third row is fine if you are not a child or of very small stature. Children will be happier in the first row and some people dedicate a person from their group to wait from 6PM until 8PM to get a front row seat.

It sounds strange that people wait two hours to get a reserved seat for which they paid $60 each, but it happens every show.

During the holidays the fireworks are at 8:45 with fantastic at 9:00 and 10:15. How will this affect our plan? I was thinking it would be nice to watch the fireworks first and then go on pirates while we wait for the first show to be over or perhaps just wait somewhere? I'm wondering if we'll even be able to make it to that area of the park after the fireworks. Do they block pathways? Is there a rope drop? Does anyone know the best route to take for this scenario?

By the time you get done with the Fireworks F! will be just about starting and you will only be able to see the second show. It will be crowded leaving the Hub area. Depending on how far it is into F! going on POTC may be a good idea. So would going past the ROA viewing area riding HMH, Splash or Pooh, as long as you can exit near when F! ends. This way the First F! crowd will exit toward the Hub and you will be behind it filling in the voided area they left behind.

Because of the show schedule, more people will have the same idea to do fireworks then F!. There is no option to do F! then Fireworks. So be ready for the 2nd show viewing area to get packed quickly.

From the OP

By the time you get done with the Fireworks F! will be just about starting and you will only be able to see the second show. It will be crowded leaving the Hub area. Depending on how far it is into F! going on POTC may be a good idea. So would going past the ROA viewing area riding HMH, Splash or Pooh, as long as you can exit near when F! ends. This way the First F! crowd will exit toward the Hub and you will be behind it filling in the voided area they left behind.

Because of the show schedule, more people will have the same idea to do fireworks then F!. There is no option to do F! then Fireworks. So be ready for the 2nd show viewing area to get packed quickly.

Thank-you. Sounds like we should definitely hang around that area of the park during the first show if we can get there from the hub. I'm thinking Pooh might be a good bet because it's short with no line so easy to judge the time to ride and then be right there waiting at the seating area when the first show finishes.

My Fiance and I are getting married that morning at the GCH and will also be doing reserved seating for F! that night, so we'll see you there! :)

Yay! How exciting! I will have a Lime Green Mickey Head somewhere on me, so if you see us, come say hi! :wave2:

Saw Fantasmic for the first time last night and I had purchased the dessert package for my husband, daughter and myself. It was so worth the price. We had front row center seats and the show was absolutely incredible. It was so amazing. The dessert box was wonderful as well. I would do this again in a minute.

May I ask you how long before the show did you stand in line to get your seats? Did you have any problems finding the que or did it move at all? Thanks!

May I ask you how long before the show did you stand in line to get your seats? Did you have any problems finding the que or did it move at all? Thanks!

From the OP.
When should I arrive to get my seat assignments?

Anywhere from 6-8PM. Those who come at 6PM get the best seats. The seats are generally laid out in three rows and especially if you have the back row you have some latitude to move your chair around.

People start lining up at 6PM for seat selection and then wait until 8PM to get their seats if they want the first row of seats closer to the center. Those who show up later get second and third row.

The view from the third row is fine if you are not a child or of very small stature. Children will be happier in the first row and some people dedicate a person from their group to wait from 6PM until 8PM to get a front row seat.

It sounds strange that people wait two hours to get a reserved seat for which they paid $60 each, but it happens every show.

When are seat assignments for the second show made?

Both first and second show seat assignments are made at the same time - 8PM. Everyone in line chooses seats then leaves. If you have a reservation for the first show you can go immediately to your seat at 8PM and wait for the first show to start at 9:00-9:05PM. And eat your dessert and drink the included free drinks.

Can I leave the Fantasmic area once I get my seat assignment?

Yes, but they ask you to return to see the show a little before it starts (15 minutes early if memory serves).

OP by Skiingfast: "The view from the third row is fine if you are not a child or of very small stature. Children will be happier in the first row and some people dedicate a person from their group to wait from 6PM until 8PM to get a front row seat."
Looking at the Pictures it appears that people sitting in the front row of reserved seating have their view blocked by people in the standing area next to the railing. So, can little children even adults really see thru the people standing up against the rail?

Looking at the Pictures it appears that people sitting in the front row of reserved seating have their view blocked by people in the standing area next to the railing. So, can little children even adults really see thru the people standing up against the rail?

The area in front of the reserved dessert seating have to sit. So no the people on the tier belowin front are not a problem.

If you have reserved seating what is the policy for strollers in that section? We are going in May and will have 8 adults, a 5 year old, two 3 year olds and an 11 month old. I have pretty much decided to skip WOC because it seems like the wait and confusion will be too stressful with our group but we really want to see Fantasmic. We will most likely be doing the dessert reserved seating but not if I can't bring a stroller in, there will most likely be at least one sleeping child.

There is plenty of room inside the reserved section right behind the seats to park the strollers. On one of my recent trips there we had a three year old, seats were not totally sold out and we were able to pull one of the chairs and park his stroller in its place. He was a happy camper...staff is pretty accommodating!

I would also suggest that when you select your seats at 8p, select some seats in one of the third rows towards the aisle and you will most likely be able to wheel the sleeping one right next to ya.

As PH said, no problem to bring stroller into reserved seating area. Discuss this with the CMs when you choose seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter