• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic! Superthread - Or Everything You Need To Know About Fantasmic at Disneyland

Yes - reserved seating with package.

And yes, you can request any seats you want when you queue up.

As for whether it is worth it...well, I think it is a very special way to experience the show - and it is really the only opportunity at Disneyland ( WDW has more) to have that sort of experience. Even the most expensive viewing options at WOC still have you standing around.

it's not essential, but it is very pleasant.

the OP talks about seat assignments. so if you are within the first few families in line, do they assign seats in order (e.g, 1st row, 2nd row, and then 3rd row)??? or can you request the 3rd row even if there are still seats in the 1st and 2nd rows available? just curious...

i called disney dining yesterday and surprisingly there are still over 40 seats left for a show that is show in less than 20 days! ...but still contemplating if the $170 is worth it....
Once again the OP discusses this. First come first served...

:wizard:

I am hoping we can still get seats! Little late on the planning part of the trip. I will have to call tomorrow and see. We are there for 3 full days. I am not pick date or time...just need 5 seats! Keeping my fingers crossed :wizard:

Anyone know if they make any dessert accomidations for a gluten free diet?

I am hoping we can still get seats! Little late on the planning part of the trip. I will have to call tomorrow and see. We are there for 3 full days. I am not pick date or time...just need 5 seats! Keeping my fingers crossed :wizard:

Anyone know if they make any desert accomidations for a gluten free diet?

Iwould think you should be able to, I have never gone to a summer show that was not packed though. Have fun.

Jack

I just booked my premium seating for July 28th fantasmic at 10:30. I was told by on the phone the new check in time is 7:30. Can anyone else verify that?

Normally checkin is 8PM. Not sure if they have changed? :confused3

We are going on 8/24 and had Vacation planning do the reservation. On the Daily itinerary they sent, it still lists 8 pm as the check in time. I will confirm when we get there and see if they say any different.

We did the dessert seating (again) on our July trip! People were lining up to check in for both shows (9 and 10) from around 7.30 as I recall. (there is no limit to the time people are prepared to stand around it seems... there were some who'd been there longer! But bear in mind that the CMS will prioritise the 9pm show once they get ready to allocate seats closer to 8pm, so it's a bit pointless rushing there for the 10pm.)

However, unless you are very particular, I really think there is no need to rush right over. One person ahead of me wanted seats for a group of ten for the 10.00 show so they could all sit together...if that's you go early (or maybe just realise that a group that size won't be sitting together really anyway!)

The seats all have good viewing (once again, unless you are very particular). So if you are enjoying dinner, or a ride, and don't want to rush, then 8-8.30 is plenty of time.

I notice they have a permanent sign up now for the seating area...hadn't been since the dragon was introduced...so that's a big improvement. "By the churro stand' always seemed a loose kind of instruction! Maybe next they'll introduce seating at booking time!:rotfl:

This is a really great thread. Thanks for the info. I definitely hope to book the dessert seating for our October trip. My question is that when we went in December, I thought some of the seated viewing section (#3) was roped off and reserved as "VIP". Am I misremembering? Or is there part of section 3 that can also be reserved?

Thanks!

This is a really great thread. Thanks for the info. I definitely hope to book the dessert seating for our October trip. My question is that when we went in December, I thought some of the seated viewing section (#3) was roped off and reserved as "VIP". Am I misremembering? Or is there part of section 3 that can also be reserved?

Thanks!
I think you are thinking of #7 the reservation area.

So the superthread addresses that you can watch the fireworks and catch the 2nd show after the fireworks, but we are going this october and will only have sunday to catch both RDCT and F!, can we watch RDTC and 8:40 from the frontierland side of hub then make it to see the first show of F! AT 9:00? OR will we have to wait till the 2nd show? we have a 4 and 1 yo so not sure the 2nd show will be possible. also we are doing MHP and will see fireworks there so do I need to stress about being sure to catch RDCT or will the halloween ones be enough?
thanks as always for your all's great help!

So the superthread addresses that you can watch the fireworks and catch the 2nd show after the fireworks, but we are going this october and will only have sunday to catch both RDCT and F!, can we watch RDTC and 8:40 from the frontierland side of hub then make it to see the first show of F! AT 9:00? OR will we have to wait till the 2nd show? we have a 4 and 1 yo so not sure the 2nd show will be possible. also we are doing MHP and will see fireworks there so do I need to stress about being sure to catch RDCT or will the halloween ones be enough?
thanks as always for your all's great help!
Which specific night are you asking about? We would need to see the schedule that night.

Sunday OCT 16th 2011.
Right now the calendar says fireworks at 840 and F! at 9 and 1030
I have never seen a schedule like this and my first impression is it is in error. I looked at the DL October calendar and RDCT is "scheduled" at 8:40 on numerous nights.

Besides being unprecedented, it puts RDCT and Fantasmic in conflict. RDCT lasts 23 minutes which means when Fantasmic starts at 9PM RDCT would still be shooting off fireworks.

I do not know what the schedule will actually be, but it will not be RDCT at 8:40PM and Fantasmic at 9PM.

:teacher:

RDCT is around a 17 minute show. So the fireworks won't overlap F! if it starts at 8:40 pm to the first show of F! at 9 pm. There will only be a few minutes in between the fireworks ending and than F! start. In the past during the Holiday season at DL, they showed the fireworks at 8:40 pm and have F! at 9 pm and 10:30 pm. You can check it out on the November 2010 Park Schedule that DL did have the fireworks before F!. I went during the 2nd weekend of the Holiday season last year and the fireworks started before F! which was great to have before F!.

RDCT is around a 17 minute show. So the fireworks won't overlap F! if it starts at 8:40 pm to the first show of F! at 9 pm. There will only be a few minutes in between the fireworks ending and than F! start. In the past during the Holiday season at DL, they showed the fireworks at 8:40 pm and have F! at 9 pm and 10:30 pm. You can check it out on the November 2010 Park Schedule that DL did have the fireworks before F!. I went during the 2nd weekend of the Holiday season last year and the fireworks started before F! which was great to have before F!.
OK, my bad Bret. I was "misremembering" and got the RDCT and F! duration confused. :crazy: RDCT is 17 minutes (F! is 23 minutes) so there would be no overlap if RDCT was at 8:40. Thanks for correcting my error! :)

So I take it all back from the PP who asked about the 8:40 RDCT. On nights with RDCT at 8:40 you would not be able to catch F! at 9:00 but if there was a second show at 10:30 that would be easily done after RDCT.

I'll be at Disneyland this Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Right now, I have Ariel's Grotto reservations for the World Of Color dinner at 5:40 PM on Saturday and plan on seeing the show at 9:00 PM. I want to see Fantasmic on Sunday night. Crowd-wise, does this plan sound ok or does it make more sense to see Fantasmic on Saturday night instead of Sunday (Disney's calendar says that more Annual Passes are blocked on Saturday versus Sunday)? T.I.A.

Crowd-wise, does this plan sound ok or does it make more sense to see Fantasmic on Saturday night instead of Sunday (Disney's calendar says that more Annual Passes are blocked on Saturday versus Sunday)? T.I.A.

I think there is some advantage to Sunday night, especially the 2nd, because the guests thin out since people have work/school the next day. This doesn't mean it won't be crowded just less so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter