Fantasmic! Superthread - Or Everything You Need To Know About Fantasmic at Disneyland

I aksed about discounts when I booked for our next trip (DVC, AP, Disney Visa) and was told that there are no discounts on this package.

I have a quick question about the dessert package reserved seating, please!

So I know that people line up and seat assignments are given out at 8pm and people are told to come back at 8:45 for the show. How long are seat assignments given out for? I don't care where I sit, but I do want to sit WITH my party (there will only be three of us). Have there ever been instances where you show up at say 8:30 for your seats and there are only single seats left? I'm asking because I'm planning on making dinner reservations somewhere that same night and I don't want to panic at 7:45 if we're still eating.

Thank you!

It's been my experience that people line up at 7 or even before in the summer. I don't know the likelihood of splitting up a group, it would probably depend on the sizes of the different groups in your time slot. One time, at the second show, we were the ONLY ones in our section.

You do have a little leeway to scoot chairs around, as long as you don't move in front of someone else. The host/hostess can help you if that was the problem.

I was lucky enough to sit in the VIP seats inside the control booth area. There are only eight seats available in that spot. Fortunately I know a CM that worked in DW and DL, so she was able to reserve those seats in advance. The show was pretty awesome from there because we were able to talk with the Director and the rest of the staff working the booth.

I was lucky enough to sit in the VIP seats inside the control booth area. There are only eight seats available in that spot. Fortunately I know a CM that worked in DW and DL, so she was able to reserve those seats in advance. The show was pretty awesome from there because we were able to talk with the Director and the rest of the staff working the booth.

Thanks for the scoop on this! Did you feel like you were missing out on the show at all because you were distracted by everything happening around you?

I have a quick question about the dessert package reserved seating, please!

So I know that people line up and seat assignments are given out at 8pm and people are told to come back at 8:45 for the show. How long are seat assignments given out for? I don't care where I sit, but I do want to sit WITH my party (there will only be three of us). Have there ever been instances where you show up at say 8:30 for your seats and there are only single seats left? I'm asking because I'm planning on making dinner reservations somewhere that same night and I don't want to panic at 7:45 if we're still eating.

Thank you!
The CMs will move seats around to make sure your party is together.

Thanks for the scoop on this! Did you feel like you were missing out on the show at all because you were distracted by everything happening around you?

No not really. We had a perfect view of the entire show with no distractions.

I have a question about viewing Fantasmic during the holidays. In the past we've always watched the fireworks at 9:30 from the hub and then gone to the second fantastic at 10:30. We have it down to a science with me running ahead to get a spot (usually end up waiting at rope drop into the viewing area and getting a god central seating spot 99% of the time) and DH following later with the kids.

During the holidays the fireworks are at 8:45 with fantastic at 9:00 and 10:15. How will this affect our plan? I was thinking it would be nice to watch the fireworks first and then go on pirates while we wait for the first show to be over or perhaps just wait somewhere? I'm wondering if we'll even be able to make it to that area of the park after the fireworks. Do they block pathways? Is there a rope drop? Does anyone know the best route to take for this scenario?

From looking at last year schedule it looks like I may be able to do the same thing of watching the fireworks with the family at the hub then going to the second show. Our dates are 9/22-29 (coming home Sat 29th). We have never seen the fireworks or Fantasmic so hoping to get both of these events in on Sunday the 23rd. Driving in on Sat 22nd so can't go then.

I am worried about getting decent spots for Fantasmic however with doing this. I have 4 children the youngest is 5. Any tips or ideas on how to get from the hub to the viewing area for Fantasmic? Was thinking about watching from the left side of the hub as mentioned.

In looking at the DL map it looks like can go down path in front of Tiki room, path above it or possibly by Horesless carriage (#2 on the map). would one of these be better?

Also have thought about doing the reserve dining options but not sure how that would work. The OP mentioned I would check in at 8 with those for the first show. Could I check in at 8, then go to the hub for the fireworks, then back to the reserve seating after the fireworks for the 10:30 show?

Thanks for any thoughts in advance. Thanks for this awesome post also.

I am worried about getting decent spots for Fantasmic however with doing this. I have 4 children the youngest is 5. Any tips or ideas on how to get from the hub to the viewing area for Fantasmic? Was thinking about watching from the left side of the hub as mentioned.

In looking at the DL map it looks like can go down path in front of Tiki room, path above it or possibly by Horesless carriage (#2 on the map). would one of these be better?
The OP gives tips on this. No, definitely not the Tiki Room Adventureland route.

Also have thought about doing the reserve dining options but not sure how that would work. The OP mentioned I would check in at 8 with those for the first show. Could I check in at 8, then go to the hub for the fireworks, then back to the reserve seating after the fireworks for the 10:30 show?

Thanks for any thoughts in advance. Thanks for this awesome post also.
Yes you can get F! seats at 8 and then leave to see fireworks and then come back for F! #2. But frankly you lose the value of the seating reservation. You can get good seats for the second F! show pretty easily without a reservation. For the first show you can't unless you want to wait 3+ hours or get lucky. IMO the only way I would ever get an F! res is for first show.

Also, there is no dining res. There is a dessert res.

Hey HydroGuy, thanks so much for all your info that keeps us infromed. Quick question... I know you say you would really do the dessert ressie for the #1 show, but what about during peak season? We are gong to be there Thanksgiving week and will probably be in DL on the Sunday and Tuesday before Thaksgiving. Will it be so busy that it would warrant doing the #2 show? We really want to maximize our time and avoid hafing to sit and wait for hours to reserve a seat for the show.

Thanks again! :thumbsup2

Hey HydroGuy, thanks so much for all your info that keeps us infromed. Quick question... I know you say you would really do the dessert ressie for the #1 show, but what about during peak season? We are gong to be there Thanksgiving week and will probably be in DL on the Sunday and Tuesday before Thaksgiving. Will it be so busy that it would warrant doing the #2 show? We really want to maximize our time and avoid hafing to sit and wait for hours to reserve a seat for the show.

You can't wait for hours for the 2nd show because of the first show. If you do the dessert for the 2nd show you will not save time. You will only be getting a nice seat. For the first show you will get both.

Thanks for this thread. I've been to both DLR and WDW, and somehow did not know about this show. We'll definitely catch it when we're there at the end of the month.

You can't wait for hours for the 2nd show because of the first show. If you do the dessert for the 2nd show you will not save time. You will only be getting a nice seat. For the first show you will get both.

Wow!! I just saw how bad my spelling was in my first post :idea:

I don't quite understand your response...I may have not been clear on my question.

During the days I mentioned that we will be there, I am afraid the crowds are going to be massive. We prefer to do the 2nd show (works into our daily plan better), so if the crowds are crazy, does it make more sense to book the dessert package for show#2 and avoid the mad rush for a seat on the ground?

p.s. I payd attenshun to my speallin' this tyme :cool2:

Wow!! I just saw how bad my spelling was in my first post :idea:

I don't quite understand your response...I may have not been clear on my question.

During the days I mentioned that we will be there, I am afraid the crowds are going to be massive. We prefer to do the 2nd show (works into our daily plan better), so if the crowds are crazy, does it make more sense to book the dessert package for show#2 and avoid the mad rush for a seat on the ground?

p.s. I payd attenshun to my speallin' this tyme :cool2:
Same answer - to me it does not make sense because there is no mad rush. You can get a seat on the ground for the second show and it is not that hard. Even during peak season.

Plus the second show is late - and folks are tired. If you are paying for a reserved seat why not do it for the first show for which it is much harder to get a seat and which is earlier so everyone is not so tired?

Very good! Thanks for the input. Since we will be doing EMH that day, I think you sold me on doing early show :)

Hi, does this game plan sound possible? We plan on eating dinner at Storytellers at 6pm and head over to the park to watch the fireworks afterwards. Do you think we can trot over to ROA and still snag a decent seat to view the second Fantasmic show?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter