Fantasmic! Superthread - Or Everything You Need To Know About Fantasmic at Disneyland

We did the dessert package for the first time on Monday. This was the highlight of our trip! We thought the package was a very good value.

First, the DL version is SO much better than the WDW version. We even had technically difficulty where the Mark Twain was not used, and it was still much better that WDW.

We got there one hour before check-in time. There was one group waiting in front of us. The CM kept telling us that we didn't need to wait. We decided to ride HM and returned to find we hadn't lost our place in line. We stayed until we picked our seats. We were told to come back 30 minutes prior to show. We decided to ride HM again. We then found a bench near the check in area. We got to the rope at 8:30. We thought it was odd that we were the only ones there. We soon discovered we were the last people to be seated. Everyone was enjoying drinks and their dessert trays when we got to our seats. I asked our seating neighbors and they told me that most everyone took their seats immediately and they started handing out trays and drinks shortly afterward.

We were given our trays and drinks and still had plenty of time to enjoy them before the show. Maybe this is because the show was delayed because there was a malfunction with the Mark Twain. A couple of people around us were complaining that we only saw a half of a show because Tick Tock and the Mark Twain weren't working. This was our first time, so we didn't know they were missing. The show was still amazing...no complaints.

I would pay the sixty dollars for the seat alone. We were able to wait for the fireworks. The CMs gave us refills on drinks during this time. The view is the best, but we loved the special effects that were displayed on ROA.

Thanks to Hydro and everyone who posted their experience. We will being doing this for all of our future visits. :thumbsup2

So Halloweenqueen, it sounds like it is still the dessert boxes? I had heard rumors that they were changing it back to a buffet. Could you let us know what is in the boxes - I am curious to see if it is still the same items.

Glad you had a good time - it is one of my favorite things to do.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.... but......

June 8 and 9 are grad nights. Is there likely to be a Fantasmic! on either of those nights?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.... but......

June 8 and 9 are grad nights. Is there likely to be a Fantasmic! on either of those nights?
Hard to say. I would not count on it. In the past they have shown F! early on some grad nights.

so here is my double-stroller question again! LOL...

if we do the dessert package, do we need to leave our double stroller outside the reserved seating area? or can we ask for the last row (maybe our stroller can fit behind the last row of reserved seats???).

thoughts?

so here is my double-stroller question again! LOL...

if we do the dessert package, do we need to leave our double stroller outside the reserved seating area? or can we ask for the last row (maybe our stroller can fit behind the last row of reserved seats???).

thoughts?
I can't remember seeing any strollers in the reserved area but there is so much space there behind the third row I would be surprised if they said "no". This has to come up just about every night.

I can't remember seeing any strollers in the reserved area but there is so much space there behind the third row I would be surprised if they said "no". This has to come up just about every night.

once again, thanks for the input. from the pictures you had in your OP, i did see the extra space behind the 3rd row so i am hoping they would let me take it in.

another question...IF we chose to sit in the sitting area, i would probably try to choose the back section of the sitting area. in order to get a decent sitting area for the 9pm show, would 7pm be enough time?

once again, thanks for the input. from the pictures you had in your OP, i did see the extra space behind the 3rd row so i am hoping they would let me take it in.

another question...IF we chose to sit in the sitting area, i would probably try to choose the back section of the sitting area. in order to get a decent sitting area for the 9pm show, would 7pm be enough time?
That should work. You will probably not be at the center but that is not super important. :wizard:

For all of the great information that I got from this thread in preparation to see Fantasmic I would like to contribute some pictures of the dessert trays that we received. Thanks again.

untitled%20%281%20of%20444%29-L.jpg

untitled%20%283%20of%20444%29-L.jpg

untitled%20%285%20of%20444%29-L.jpg

untitled%20%287%20of%20444%29-L.jpg

i may be too late to call in for reserved seating...but i had a question...IF we were to do reserved seating, would the CMs let us stay at our seats to watch the fireworks? or will we have to exit the reserved seating area? so if the show starts at 9pm and ends around 9:25, the fireworks will start in about 5 mins. can we stay...or will be be asked to leave the area???

hoping someone responds soon with thoughts/advice...so maybe i can call today to see if they still have seats available for the end of may...

i may be too late to call in for reserved seating...but i had a question...IF we were to do reserved seating, would the CMs let us stay at our seats to watch the fireworks? or will we have to exit the reserved seating area? so if the show starts at 9pm and ends around 9:25, the fireworks will start in about 5 mins. can we stay...or will be be asked to leave the area???

hoping someone responds soon with thoughts/advice...so maybe i can call today to see if they still have seats available for the end of may...

You can just stay in your seats and watch the fireworks.

Jack

Is the reserved seating for Fantasmic a pretty good spot to see most of the fireworks or just the aerials? This will be our 1st trip--and I wasn't sure how good the view would be.

How important is it to get there early to pick seats (in the preferred/dessert section)? Are all of the seats pretty good, is there a recommended area like the center that makes a big difference, or are most pretty good? Will have my 10 yr old daughter with me, but I'm assuming that even in the 2nd or 3rd row she could sit on her knees a bit to be a little taller if necessary (not blocking those behind us of course).
I've already convinced myself to treat ourselves if I can get the ressies--but not sure how the seating varies if you aren't toward the front.

How important is it to get there early to pick seats (in the preferred/dessert section)? Are all of the seats pretty good, is there a recommended area like the center that makes a big difference, or are most pretty good? Will have my 10 yr old daughter with me, but I'm assuming that even in the 2nd or 3rd row she could sit on her knees a bit to be a little taller if necessary (not blocking those behind us of course).
I've already convinced myself to treat ourselves if I can get the ressies--but not sure how the seating varies if you aren't toward the front.

sitkamom, read the very 1st post on page 1...it answers the questions about how early to get there. hydroguy indicated some people start waiting in line by 6pm! as for the fireworks question, not sure what really can be seen in terms of fireworks...

Is the reserved seating for Fantasmic a pretty good spot to see most of the fireworks or just the aerials? This will be our 1st trip--and I wasn't sure how good the view would be.

sitkamom, read the very 1st post on page 1...it answers the questions about how early to get there. hydroguy indicated some people start waiting in line by 6pm! as for the fireworks question, not sure what really can be seen in terms of fireworks...

Sitka - the whole reason this thread exists is to answer these kinds of questions - "every you need to know about Fantasmic". :)

If you are new and do not know how to find your way to the first post in this thread - called the "OP" or "original post" - you can click on the page numbers shown above and below the thread. Or here is a direct link to the first post in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2671983

Re fireworks viewing....you can remain seated for the fireworks, in fact it would be difficult to leave. The lights stay very low, and the park is generally very crowded at this point.

As for what you see... we have done this several times, but have also watched the fireworks directly from main street. The fireworks show is oriented around the castle, so the Fantasmic view is from a side angle. It is therefore not as good as if you had staked out a great spot in main street. But it is still a terrific way to take in the fireworks, especially if it is busy (and a good spot in main street can be hard to get then). As the fireworks run every night in high season, you also have the opportunity to view them again another night. So think of it as a bouns viewing!

Also - many people queue early for fnatamic, but it is not strictly necessary. We have come early , and late, and always found the view to be just fine. (a party of four).

Re fireworks viewing....you can remain seated for the fireworks, in fact it would be difficult to leave. The lights stay very low, and the park is generally very crowded at this point.

As for what you see... we have done this several times, but have also watched the fireworks directly from main street. The fireworks show is oriented around the castle, so the Fantasmic view is from a side angle. It is therefore not as good as if you had staked out a great spot in main street. But it is still a terrific way to take in the fireworks, especially if it is busy (and a good spot in main street can be hard to get then). As the fireworks run every night in high season, you also have the opportunity to view them again another night. So think of it as a bouns viewing!

Also - many people queue early for fnatamic, but it is not strictly necessary. We have come early , and late, and always found the view to be just fine. (a party of four).

did you do the reserved seating (with the dessert package)? or just go and find a spot to sit/stand in the the rest of the people wanting to watch Fantasmic?

the OP talks about seat assignments. so if you are within the first few families in line, do they assign seats in order (e.g, 1st row, 2nd row, and then 3rd row)??? or can you request the 3rd row even if there are still seats in the 1st and 2nd rows available? just curious...

i called disney dining yesterday and surprisingly there are still over 40 seats left for a show that is show in less than 20 days! ...but still contemplating if the $170 is worth it....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter