Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. She was only 50 when she passed away. It was sudden

I'm so sorry for your loss! Praying for you.

Does anyone know if the lake view rooms in the 60's section are still standard or have they made them all preferred in that section now?

These are standard rooms...and our favourite rooms! Beautiful view, close to buses and food court plus easy walk across the bridge to Art of Animation. They have a great food court there!

No clock in the room, which is bothering me more than I thought it would
Yeah I didn't think the clock would be a big deal, but we didn't have one at POFQ when we were there earlier this year, and it was actually a huge pain.

I can see the smoking section you are speaking of on the official POP map. If I remember correctly (from way back in 2008) the main exit out of the back of the food court is right there. Is there any other exit door out of the back of the food court? One that would avoid walking through the smoke? By my own admission, I have a freakishly sensitive nose. I smell things that others don't. Think human bloodhound. LOL. Sometimes that's good, sometimes bad. With cigarette or cigar smoke it's bad.

I didn't see any other way to get to the building we were in (10) without walking right by it. Sorry, we were not there long enough to check out the resort much so i'm not sure of the layout but if you were walking out the back doors, the smoking section was to the left of the main building, right by the path to the 70,80,90's. So maybe if you're heading to the right (50's) or straight (60's) you might be good. I'm sure many others have a better idea of the layout.

Pretty sure this is correct -- there is a smoking section on the south end of Classic Hall, and so if you're a guest in the 70's section you have to walk past it if you use the main exit(s) from the food court.

The smoking section that used to be next to the main back entrance to Classic Hall, right under the giant "P O P" letters, is no longer there.

The more recent Pop maps show the smoking section near the south end of Classic Hall, such as this one: http://allears.net/acc/ResortMaps/pop-century-map.pdf

I can see the smoking section you are speaking of on the official POP map. If I remember correctly (from way back in 2008) the main exit out of the back of the food court is right there. Is there any other exit door out of the back of the food court? One that would avoid walking through the smoke? By my own admission, I have a freakishly sensitive nose. I smell things that others don't. Think human bloodhound. LOL. Sometimes that's good, sometimes bad. With cigarette or cigar smoke it's bad.

If you're in the 50's or 60's sections you'll have no issue - just exit through the center/main door by the check-in area or the end door by luggage services. If you're in the 80/90's section you can walk out the front door, along the bus stops, and then along or through the parking lot to get to your building. When we were in Building 9 we used the bus stop/parking lot route a lot. If you're in the 70's section and don't mind walking a little out of your way, you could detour through the 60's section. Just walk out the back door of Classic hall and head towards Building 5. You can then cut around the building at the stairwell closest to Classic Hall or through it at the center by the elevators and head over to the 70's section.

Hmmm, there was a report from a very reliable member on another board that they purchased mugs with handles at Pop Century earlier this week (Monday or Tuesday) and that both types were available that day. I wonder if it was just some leftover inventory *or* if it's the beginning of phasing them back in and they just sell out so quickly that they can't restock them fast enough so all that's left on the shelves most of the time are the handless mugs.

Don't know. I have only seen those without handles for sale in the food court, but I have seen several people walking around with mugs that do have handles. I haven't asked anyone; I just assumed people brought back their old ones and got them recharged.

It seems that some rooms have alarm clocks and others do not. The nice thing is it only takes a call to housekeeping and they will deliver one.

It seems that some rooms have alarm clocks and others do not. The nice thing is it only takes a call to housekeeping and they will deliver one.
I can't remember the last time I stayed in hotel that had a clock. Many have a clock in the TV frame, and you can sometimes use it to set an alarm. I never do. I used to travel with my own alarm clock, but now just use my phone as an alarm. I'm also old school and wear a watch 24/7 so not having a clock doesn't bother me. In fact I kind of appreciate not having the bright light from it in the room.

Different strokes :)

Last edited:
Don't know. I have only seen those without handles for sale in the food court, but I have seen several people walking around with mugs that do have handles. I haven't asked anyone; I just assumed people brought back their old ones and got them recharged.

This is what I thought. I did see a few people with mugs with handles but then when I looked where they were sold there were only handle-less ones. We ended up buying one. It ended up being a pretty good value. And we liked that it didn't have handles because it fit well in the stroller's cup holder.

The person who posted about getting a mug with a handle at Pop Century this week said they only had handled ones on the end-caps by the cashier. They weren't on the main display (those all had no handles). The handled mugs were there at least 2 days this week. They didn't check every day...just noticed them on at least one other day in addition to the day they bought theirs.

I apologize, because this has probably been asked before. Is it possible to purchase a case of water at Pop? I arrive Saturday and am trying to sort this out. If I can, where? And how much does it cost? Thanks!!!

Nope, and the CM's there are adamant you cannot do it at any resort. So I was the weirdo with the case of water on the Disney Bus going from MK to POP one night after buying at CR. It was like 12 or 14 dollars.

I apologize, because this has probably been asked before. Is it possible to purchase a case of water at Pop? I arrive Saturday and am trying to sort this out. If I can, where? And how much does it cost? Thanks!!!

I asked in the food court and in the Pop store in Sept and was told no. Ended up happily drinking Disney water with a smile on my face and an extra $15 in my wallet. :)

They were available at Pop this past June. We asked the manager about it (because that's who we happened to see first) since we didn't see any cases of water in the coolers and the manager said, "No problem, I just have to get one in the back." The manager said they don't always have the space to keep them in the coolers out front.

We've also been able to purchase them right out of the cooler at AoA every time we've been there (including this past June). We paid ~$16 for the case (and that's also what we were told at Pop). Apparently some resorts only charge $6. Not sure why there is a price difference as they appeared to be the same size cases/bottles.

I suppose it's possible that Disney has changed their policy and no longer sell cases of water, but there have been numerous reports at all levels of resorts of people being able to buy cases of water over the last few years. If you don't see any, you should definitely ask -- and if a CM says it's not possible, ask for the manager. I'd try at both Pop & AoA and if you can't get any there, then head to the Speedway at DS.

I hope things start to get better for you. Regarding the clock, call housekeeping and get them to deliver one to you. Have a great trip!
Yes,I had a clock radio in my room in the 1950s at check-in,but if a Guest doesn't have one at Check-in,a quick call to Housekeeping will solicit one.:)

No way to avoid the smoking area-it is "between" Classic Hall and the 1970s.

My suggestion would be to walk out the back of Classic Hall and alongside the left side of Hippy Dippy Pool and then turn left at Baloo and walk through the 1960s to access the 1970s-not that bad of a walk.:)

Also, no sign of construction yet.
I spoke with someone this morning who knows the situation and they said the start of the refurb has been pushed back to January.

They seemed to really know what is going on,but,of course,everything is subject to change.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter