Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
um, WHAT? I hate birds. Ever since we went to Universal back when it opened in 1990, we saw The Birds in 3D and I thought I was going to lose my mind.
When I stayed in April of this year, there were a couple of birds that appeared to be trapped inside the food court. They stayed high up in the rafters and flew from end to end.

I spoke with someone this morning who knows the situation and they said the start of the refurb has been pushed back to January.

They seemed to really know what is going on,but,of course,everything is subject to change.:)

Well, that is interesting. I'll be there a couple of nights in November, and while the prospect of construction did not really bother me, I won't complain about none.

Well, that is interesting. I'll be there a couple of nights in November, and while the prospect of construction did not really bother me, I won't complain about none.
Yes,I guess they decided to wait until after the Holidays so no rooms would be out of inventory.

I also tried,but couldn't get a definitive answer as to whether the coffemaker in the pictures will be part of the refurb or was just a "prop" for the pictures.:)

Yes,I guess they decided to wait until after the Holidays so no rooms would be out of inventory.

I also tried,but couldn't get a definitive answer as to whether the coffemaker in the pictures will be part of the refurb or was just a "prop" for the pictures.:)
Is the computer pool still closing or has that been pushed back as well?

I apologize, because this has probably been asked before. Is it possible to purchase a case of water at Pop? I arrive Saturday and am trying to sort this out. If I can, where? And how much does it cost? Thanks!!!

Yup. $6.99 for twenty-four 12oz bottles of Dasani.

I am going to order ahead of time to get water Pepsi and some snacks. I think they charge way to much for chips, fruit, and drinks. I am hoping to save some money by haveing snacks in the room.

Ya'll hello from POP! Just a quick message to say that I am sitting at the bus stop to go to Disney springs and the TV is on showing wait times. This is the first I've seen of this. Would go explore more to see of the others came in, but I'm on limited mobility because my knee is messed up. No sign of construction near Building 10 to the food court and bus stop.

Ya'll hello from POP! Just a quick message to say that I am sitting at the bus stop to go to Disney springs and the TV is on showing wait times. This is the first I've seen of this. Would go explore more to see of the others came in, but I'm on limited mobility because my knee is messed up. No sign of construction near Building 10 to the food court and bus stop.
Where is the TV at Pop? Or is there one near each stop?

Have a great trip!

Is there a way that I can request a king bed? I did my online check-in and I noticed it wasn't an option. I'd like to think that whomever makes assignments sees that there are only two of us and will give us a king, but who knows.

Is there a way that I can request a king bed? I did my online check-in and I noticed it wasn't an option. I'd like to think that whomever makes assignments sees that there are only two of us and will give us a king, but who knows.

For a king bed request, you need to call Disney reservations and ask for it to be noted on your reservation.

Just came back yesterday. Building 1 - clock in room. No handles on mugs except the ones I brought from home.

I did lose a little bit of magic in the food court. Maybe I had such sticker shock because I rarely purchase Disney food. I know it is expensive but, holy cow! They used to have an awesome "Mom's night out" fried chicken dinner on certain nights. Now, they have a fried chicken dinner on the regular menu. I ordered it and upon being told that there would be a wait for mashed potato's, I opted for rice with gravy.

I received a handful of beans, my rice and gravy and the tiniest chicken thigh I have ever seen and a normal sized chicken wing. For $12.99! After absorbing the ridiculousness of my tiny meal, I went back up and asked if it was a child's portion. I was told "no" so I said, "no thanks" and gave it back.

I ended up with a $15 burger and double fries. Way too much money for a pre-formed burger and some toppings but not nearly as disappointing as the world's smallest chicken.

This is why I bring most of my food from home or use grocery delivery.

Just came back yesterday. Building 1 - clock in room. No handles on mugs except the ones I brought from home.

I did lose a little bit of magic in the food court. Maybe I had such sticker shock because I rarely purchase Disney food. I know it is expensive but, holy cow! They used to have an awesome "Mom's night out" fried chicken dinner on certain nights. Now, they have a fried chicken dinner on the regular menu. I ordered it and upon being told that there would be a wait for mashed potato's, I opted for rice with gravy.

I received a handful of beans, my rice and gravy and the tiniest chicken thigh I have ever seen and a normal sized chicken wing. For $12.99! After absorbing the ridiculousness of my tiny meal, I went back up and asked if it was a child's portion. I was told "no" so I said, "no thanks" and gave it back.

I ended up with a $15 burger and double fries. Way too much money for a pre-formed burger and some toppings but not nearly as disappointing as the world's smallest chicken.

This is why I bring most of my food from home or use grocery delivery.

We always loved the Mom's Night Out dinners. Sadly, they've been gone for a few years now. :( There were 2 or 3 price increases across the board at all QS locations over the last year or so. I know there was a very obvious difference in QS prices between our June 2015 and June 2016 visits. I wasn't surprised as I had read about the increases on different blogs throughout the year, but it was still noticeable. Thankfully we knew about that ahead of time (and budgeted more for food) and didn't suffer sticker shock, but had I not read about it I would have been in for a big surprise.

For a king bed request, you need to call Disney reservations and ask for it to be noted on your reservation.

And keep in mind that a King room is only a request, not a guarantee. Most of the King rooms are handicap accessible rooms so guests with special needs would be given priority when assigning those rooms. My son and his wife have been to Disney world 3 times as a couple. The first two times they requested a King room (Little Mermaid and ASSports) and didn't get one. They were disappointed but knew the odds weren't in their favor. On their trip this past June they stayed at Pop Century and decided not to request a King room because the room location was more important to them on this trip so they didn't want to mess that up by adding a request for a King room. So of course, on this trip they got a King room. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter