Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
New around these parts, but seems like the place to get answers.

We are staying 9/6 - 9/11. We have booked a savanna deluxe studio. Our reservation says Kidani village. (We rented through DVC). Can anyone give me some insight on what to expect (what building, floors, Bus times etc) Also anything you would request for check in? And finally anything you think would be use full to pack that most people don't?
This is our first time staying here. We are so excited it's been a dream of me hubby's for a while
September

Smhwalker2011, 5th – 11th, AKL

Wolfpack, 6th - 11th, AKL

JESSketeet, 7th – 22nd, AKL

Suruat68, 11th - 13th, AKL

Tiriggs1, 13th – 18th, Jambo House

Ella74, 13th - 20th, AKL

Sailored, 15th – 22nd, AKL

Novamickey, 16th – 23rd, AKL

wdwphan, 18th - 21st, AKL

DaisyMom09, 19th – 26th, AKL

Kel102, 21st – 28th, AKL

dolphingirl47, 22nd – Oct 1st, DCL

JnKinVA, 23rd - 28th, AKL

luvthemouse71, 24th – Oct 4th, AKL

punkin413, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

stitchfan75, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

cuppie, 26th – Oct 3rd, AKL

lelesansan, 27th – Oct 2nd, AKL

We will be at AKL 9/19-9/25 :)
Are you asking to be added to the list????

September

Ella74, 13th - 20th, AKL

My2lovedisney, 19th - 25th, AKL

Kel102, 21st – 28th, AKL

dolphingirl47, 22nd – Oct 1st, DCL

I totally forgotten that I never asked to update the hotels:

September 22nd to 25th Disneyland Hotel
September 27th to October 1st Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel.

Corinna
Here you go, and excited for you Corinna

September

Ella74, 13th - 20th, AKL

My2lovedisney, 19th - 25th, AKL

Kel102, 21st – 28th, AKL

dolphingirl47, 22nd – 25th, Disneyland Hotel

dolphingirl47, 27th - Oct 1st, Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel

I've been scrolling and I cant seem to find a floor plan for Kidani Village. Can someone send me the link? We are very excited for our first DVC stay in Nov!

I know I read this on here or a thread similar to this one before, but I don't have time to reread 98 pages, so I am going to re ask. I also posted this on the DVC board, but have a feeling I may get a quicker response here.

I realize you can not request a view for value studios. But I have options on online checkin, would any of these be better to choose than the other? Pretty sure I read somewhere that they are all on one floor, so the upper floor or lower floor seem mute. How about near lobby, near elevator or Kudu trail? By the map I saw, it doesn't look like there are any studios on Kudu trail. I am so confused. Should I just leave it blank and go with luck of the draw??

I know I read this on here or a thread similar to this one before, but I don't have time to reread 98 pages, so I am going to re ask. I also posted this on the DVC board, but have a feeling I may get a quicker response here.

I realize you can not request a view for value studios. But I have options on online checkin, would any of these be better to choose than the other? Pretty sure I read somewhere that they are all on one floor, so the upper floor or lower floor seem mute. How about near lobby, near elevator or Kudu trail? By the map I saw, it doesn't look like there are any studios on Kudu trail. I am so confused. Should I just leave it blank and go with luck of the draw??

All Value Studios are on the 5th floor AND they are all near the lobby! You will get either a pool or savanna view so it's all good! :thumbsup2 If you want a savanna view, request Ostrich Trail; if you want a pool view, request Giraffe Trail.

Also, please realize that due to the limited number of Value rooms, if there is only one check-out the day you check in, you won't have a choice. Having said that though, I think you'll be very happy with whatever Value Studio you're given! Trust me on that! ::yes::

Bye y'all! DH and I are on the way to AKL in a few hours! :woohoo:

Thanks a bunch! I have no doubt we will be thrilled! :) Always been a dream to stay at AKL or AKV. Plus it is my DH and my first trip travelling just the two of us. My kids are 18 and 21, and we have never gone on a vacation without them UNTIL NOW!!! I am very excited, and we don't spend a lot of time in our room, even if we end up with a parking lot view.

Does checking in online help or hurt chances of a potential upgrade? What about if I choose to have Touring Plans fax a room request? I know chances are slim but one can dream! We are 2 adults (brother/sister) booked at AKL in a poolview room and will arrive around 12 noon. Thoughts appreciated!

Last edited:
We have a one night in a pool view too, before our AKV 7 night reservation. I don't really think online check in either helps or hurts. Upgrades are rare and random. Usually given due to overbooking a room category or maintenance issues in your regular assigned room. But occasionally they may just throw some pixie dust a guests way. You can ask at check in, regardless if you did online check in or not, but they aren't as freely given as they sometimes seem to be on these boards. :)

All Value Studios are on the 5th floor AND they are all near the lobby! You will get either a pool or savanna view so it's all good! :thumbsup2 If you want a savanna view, request Ostrich Trail; if you want a pool view, request Giraffe Trail.

Also, please realize that due to the limited number of Value rooms, if there is only one check-out the day you check in, you won't have a choice. Having said that though, I think you'll be very happy with whatever Value Studio you're given! Trust me on that! ::yes::

Laura, hope you and JD have a magical time.

There are also at least a couple of Value Studios that have a parking lot view...so you're not guaranteed a Pool or Savanna view, but there are less parking lot views than other views so your chances are somewhat slim of getting a 'bad' view. It's the gamble of paying less points. ;) We're staying in a Value Studio 10/21-10/30!

I have tried asking Special Diets but they can't seem to help me ahead of my arrival date, but does anyone know what brand of hot cocoa is usually served in the dispensing machines for the refillable mugs? Just wondering if the usual brand they use is gluten-free, but because Disney has to be so careful giving out allergy info they cannot tell me the brand until I arrive in the event they have to substitute a different brand unexpectedly.

Also...off hand, can anyone tell me if the deli meat & cheese at the gift shop is much higher priced than say, Garden Grocer? Also interested in plain yogurt (whole milk or 2%) prices, either per cup or a large tub if they sell it. I don't know if I can come up with $40+ of groceries to order from Garden Grocer that we'd actually eat.

We're staying in a Value Studio 10/21-10/30!
We will be there some of the same days. October 19TH-20TH in a pool view room, then Oct 20TH-27TH in a value studio. I will be the one to get the parking lot view, because that is how my luck rolls, but I am good with that. I hear they are not really just parking lot anyway. Trees and stuff between you and the lot. :)

We will be there some of the same days. October 19TH-20TH in a pool view room, then Oct 20TH-27TH in a value studio. I will be the one to get the parking lot view, because that is how my luck rolls, but I am good with that. I hear they are not really just parking lot anyway. Trees and stuff between you and the lot. :)

You'll have to fight me for the parking lot view I guess because I have the same rotten luck as you! I always draw the short straw, haha! You're right, I think there are some trees to block the view a bit and honestly I don't mind looking at a parking lot...a lot of 'regular' hotels have lackluster views and it's never bothered me. Maybe we'll be neighbors! :)

Laura and Marco.jpg

Jack and I visited Laura and Marco at the AKL on August 6. We did some shopping at DTD and had a great dinner at Raglan Road. They are such a lovely couple. Laura is so sweet. She gave me two Italian Disney shirts for our granddaughter, Miranda. We are so glad that we got to meet them again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter