Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add me to December as well. Going the 14th to the 23rd. Club level. Celebrating our anniversary there. Can't wait for my 28th visit to WDW :)

Thanks for the info on locations Elin, we have never stayed at this resort. I had already added a request for a King bed- as it is only the 2 of us going.

We are heading to AKL for the first time on Nov.18th to 22nd. Never been to Disney in November or at Thanksgiving. Excited to see the holiday decorations. Hoping to get some pixie dust and get a great room view but just being able to stay at a deluxe hotel for the price of a moderate with free dining is great!!

Is there a list for next May/June? We are confirmed 30MAY-11JUN, we rented points from DVC member, and staying at AKL Jambo house value studio.

This is our first time staying at a deluxe resort and I know studio value is smaller than normal deluxe room but we are super excited for AKL. It's DH and mine 25th wedding anniversary trip, as well as our daughters high school graduation. Planning is now in full force :-)

View attachment 119031

Jack and I visited Laura and Marco at the AKL on August 6. We did some shopping at DTD and had a great dinner at Raglan Road. They are such a lovely couple. Laura is so sweet. She gave me two Italian Disney shirts for our granddaughter, Miranda. We are so glad that we got to meet them again.
Thanks for the heads-up, Kathy!! This photo is wonderful. I am glad you all had a chance to visit at AKL. No better place to meet new friends, I say! ;) :goodvibes

I know there's a new recreation calendar posted at the beginning of each month. Anyone know where I can find September's? Or will it not have been posted yet? I'm specifically interested in knowing what movie they'll be playing on Thursdays by the pool :)

It seems like they go up the 1st of the month, though I'm sure there's someone here who knows better than me. They are on the Disney website, but I've been finding them by doing a google search for "animal kingdom lodge activity schedule" each month. Kenny the Pirate also does an updated schedule each month.

When I participated with my grandson last Halloween we both got beads at the Kidani pool. If you are with them (to help them follow instructions) I'm sure they will let anyone join in the fun. I don't recall age ever being discussed; all were welcome.
Yay! That's exactly what I was hoping. We picked AKL as our resort mostly because my son loves animals and I think he's going to be really excited to participate in some of the animal themed activities. (I keep thinking that 5 days is not even close to enough time for this trip with all of the resort activities plus the parks).

Hi all, I'm new to this thread. I'm activating my AP in 3 weeks, staying st the YC for my birthday. So now I get to plan other trips to WDW in the next year, and I've always wanted to stay at the AKL!

Is there a time of year recommended for the AKL? Do the warmer or cooler temperatures affect how much the animals are out? I'd like to come at a less crowded time, which could be January, May or early September next year. I'm tempted to wait until later next year in hopes that AK will be open later for the night safari and Rivers of Light show. Any advice? Thanks! :-)

Dreamseeker9 my birthday is in 3 weeks and 3 days also but I'm going to be 47 so not even 1/2 as excited as you. That sounds like an awesome trip especially with such a large group for F&W. We are going to stay 9/10-14 at AKL to go pick out our new home in Orlando hoping to move by Thanksgiving. We have stayed the last week in October and it couldn't have been more perfect for comfort, crowd and animal sightings.

And to answer Jess_S, of course 5 days isn't enough. Disney wants you to keep coming back year after year. Relax and tell yourself, I'm putting that on my next trip list when you come across something you don't have time for this visit.

In regards to room requests: I will have a pool view room, I'll probably be doing online checkin, and I'd like to be on the 3rd floor close to lobby. I don't want to be on the ground level! I know I can check a box for Close To Lobby but for the other option do I check lower level to be on the 3rd floor or upper level? I'm a little confused.

In regards to room requests: I will have a pool view room, I'll probably be doing online checkin, and I'd like to be on the 3rd floor close to lobby. I don't want to be on the ground level! I know I can check a box for Close To Lobby but for the other option do I check lower level to be on the 3rd floor or upper level? I'm a little confused.

My suggestion would be to call in your requests, "3rd floor; close to lobby", and have that added to your reservation now. Then, when you do online check-in, skip the section for "Requests" -- any you make there will nullify any requests that were previously noted. I believe that's your best chance of getting exactly what you want! :thumbsup2

Hi all!
So many firsts this next trip. First time seeing the Christmas decorations...first time at AKL....first time in a villa (Jambo 1br standard view)....first time for F&W....so excited.

Couple questions....and I tried to read through first just in case, then did a search....my eyes were bugging out on page 25! And there were still 75 to go ;)

1) Does anyone know if the sleeper chair can be moved into the bedroom? (1br Jambo) Or if not...can I at least take the mattress off it and put it on the floor in the bedroom?

2) It doesn't appear that there is an official running trail at AKL. But can we still run there? Maybe out around the pool and over to Kidani and back??

So very excited for this. Can't give you dates because it is a surprise for a fellow Diser. She doesn't know which resort we are staying at and I would hate for her to see it somewhere....so if any of you know D~.....shhhhhh....

Sleeper chair question has been asked before (maybe on DVC boards) and the answer is always no, too big and heavy to move.

I assumed the mattress could not be removed, but don't know for sure.

People do take air mattresses with them, but not sure there would be room in the bedroom of a 1 br.

Sleeper chair question has been asked before (maybe on DVC boards) and the answer is always no, too big and heavy to move.

I assumed the mattress could not be removed, but don't know for sure.

People do take air mattresses with them, but not sure there would be room in the bedroom of a 1 br.

Ok thank you...that's what I needed to know, air mattress it is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter