Disney's ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 119031

Jack and I visited Laura and Marco at the AKL on August 6. We did some shopping at DTD and had a great dinner at Raglan Road. They are such a lovely couple. Laura is so sweet. She gave me two Italian Disney shirts for our granddaughter, Miranda. We are so glad that we got to meet them again.
....love, love, LOVE that pic! :thumbsup2

....you guys DO realize that DizDaD7 is there now too, right?

I have tried asking Special Diets but they can't seem to help me ahead of my arrival date, but does anyone know what brand of hot cocoa is usually served in the dispensing machines for the refillable mugs? Just wondering if the usual brand they use is gluten-free, but because Disney has to be so careful giving out allergy info they cannot tell me the brand until I arrive in the event they have to substitute a different brand unexpectedly...
....they absolutely will be able to let you know if the hot chocolate is GF or not, but they probably won't be as forthright with the specific brand. My DH has Celiac and we have found that specifically AKL is really diligent about GF items - one of the bakers has Celiac also and is also continuously coming up with GF options....

I just tried to use search for this question and can't find the answer. My daughter is going to be at AKL Arusha view next week. She wants to do online check in and/or request a room on the phone. Shes not club level or DVC. What should she request on the phone and/or online check-in? Is there a 1st floor Arusha View? Has anyone stayed in Arusha 1st, 2nd or 3rd floor and can tell the pros and cons of those three floors. Also what to request on the hone when she calls. TIA!!

Well, my inability to get shades of green for my whole Christmas trip has developed into a totally justifiable reason for me to spend the last two nights of my trip at AKL. So the 26th-28th I'll be at AKL! It's just a standard room at AKL this time (I absolutely love CL here!) but Christmas prices are very high so I will deal. I am just happy to be there :D I'll be at Shades Christmas Eve and day.

It is my absolute favorite resort. I also have the night safari on the 27th. :cool1:! I have been trying to do that the last few trips so I am very happy to have found availability.

Last edited:
I just tried to use search for this question and can't find the answer. My daughter is going to be at AKL Arusha view next week. She wants to do online check in and/or request a room on the phone. Shes not club level or DVC. What should she request on the phone and/or online check-in? Is there a 1st floor Arusha View? Has anyone stayed in Arusha 1st, 2nd or 3rd floor and can tell the pros and cons of those three floors. Also what to request on the hone when she calls. TIA!!
I have been studying this because of our upcoming stay. I have not stayed here before. From what I have read the 3rd floor is best. It gives you a panoramic view of the Savanna. Not to far up so you miss the details.(easywdw) On touring plans they let you look at the view from the rooms. We now know we want 3rd floor, close to the lobby. If she belongs to TP they will send a fax for her with details of the area you choose.

Well, my inability to get shades of green for my whole Christmas trip has developed into a totally justifiable reason for me to spend the last two nights of my trip at AKL. So the 26th-28th I'll be at AKL! It's just a standard room at AKL this time (I absolutely love CL here!) but Christmas prices are very high so I will deal. I am just happy to be there :D I'll be at Shades Christmas Eve and day.

It is my absolute favorite resort. I also have the night safari on the 27th. :cool1:! I have been trying to do that the last few trips so I am very happy to have found availability.
December

RobynPrincess, Nov 26th – 9th, AKL

Okh, Nov 30th - 7th, AKL

Disneyfirsttimer10, 5th -12th, Jambo

Sndral, 2nd – 5th, Kidani

Sndral, 5th – 10th, Jambo House

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

KanataDad, 10th -12th, AKL

Traceylee, 11th – 19th, AKL

PrincessHeather92, 12th - 18th, AKL

Stephaniesnyder, 12th – 18th, AKL

Lovinallthingsdisney, 13th – 23rd, AKL

Sbeets, 20th - 26th, AKL

Nuts4Dale, 20th – 27th, Jambo House

Chrisc88, 24th – 27th, AKL

IceSkatingPrincess, 26th - 28th, AKL

December

Okh, Nov 30th - 7th, AKL

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

Sbeets, 20th - 26th, AKL

Please add me - December 16th-20th,AKL

I have been studying this because of our upcoming stay. I have not stayed here before. From what I have read the 3rd floor is best. It gives you a panoramic view of the Savanna. Not to far up so you miss the details.(easywdw) On touring plans they let you look at the view from the rooms. We now know we want 3rd floor, close to the lobby. If she belongs to TP they will send a fax for her with details of the area you choose.

Thank you! :) I just looked at that site. It seems that 3rd floor is such a great choice! Also to avoid that rock area that juts out and blocks the view, further away from lobby is best, but on Zebra trail side. I'll Tell her to request that!

Thank you! :) I just looked at that site. It seems that 3rd floor is such a great choice! Also to avoid that rock area that juts out and blocks the view, further away from lobby is best, but on Zebra trail side. I'll Tell her to request that!

Yes we had a time of it trying to pick. But after 2 years a SSR we decided we did not want a huge trip to the Lobby. I am sure we will like where ever we end up.

We have the same room booked for our 1 year anniversary in October. I called and had them notate my room request in our reservation. 3rd floor (for vantage point), near lobby, zebra trail..because we'd like to be convenient to Mara, Victoria Falls and the pool. We might not get what we want, but it sure doesn't hurt to ask!

Tell me I'm not crazy.. We have exceed the occupancy of a standard room for the first time this year. We have always stayed AKL Club level. For our trip in May we originally booked Art of Animation, but then decided we needed a Deluxe hotel. Trying to save, we booked at the Wilderness Lodge in a Deluxe Room. Although we are excited about the trip, we were never content with the room--- it wasn't at our beloved AKL. Well today I broke down and switched us to a 1 bedroom savanna view suite. Can't wait to be back home!!!

Please add me - December 16th-20th,AKL
December

Okh, Nov 30th - 7th, AKL

Aladora, 9th -16th, AKV

McgrathMom2, 16th - 20th, AKL

Sbeets, 20th - 26th, AKL

I'm curious about my room. I booked Standard Room - Club Level Access. What does this mean? Is it on the 5th & 6th floors as noted above for the Deluxe Rooms - Concerige?

And what is my best method for getting a king bed? It is just two of us and I find it difficult to sleep with this bed hog in anything smaller than a king.

I'm curious about my room. I booked Standard Room - Club Level Access. What does this mean? Is it on the 5th & 6th floors as noted above for the Deluxe Rooms - Concerige?

And what is my best method for getting a king bed? It is just two of us and I find it difficult to sleep with this bed hog in anything smaller than a king.
....I'm guessing that is DVC, right?

6th floor of Jambo is DVC Club Level villas. 5th floor of Jambo is DVC non-Club level villas. Sounds like you booked a room, not a DVC villa, so you won't be on one of those floors.

But I can't be more helpful than that, since I've only stayed there in DVC villas.

All Club level rooms (not DVC villas) are located on the 4th floor. All are Savanna view rooms and "close to the lobby."

For a King room, make sure that is your top request. Call WDW reservations and have it added to your reservation if you haven't already! And if it is a choice during online check-in, mark it there tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter