Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be exhausted or brain dead from my new diet. I saw the promotion, and thought it was 4X not 4%. Quite the difference.
I did buy one thing, and noticed that there weren't a lot of ebucks! Glad I looked closer before I tried to find some more things to buy. o_O

I really feel like having a pity party now

I'm not sure I've seen this question asked before but I was looking into just exchanging my Walgreens gift cards for cash or an Amazon gift card through a gift card reseller. Cardpool offers just over $80 in Amazon gift cards after you mail it in (free of charge). I noticed a tab on top and it said, "Need your cash fast?" or something to that extent. So I clicked on it. All it basically is was a bunch of Coinstar Kiosks listed.

I knew you could redeem your change for gift cards but didn't know you could exchange gift cards for cash. If Cardpool directs me to Coinstar, does that mean Coinstar will offer me the same amount? Anyone use Coinstar to turn in their gift cards? Will they too, offer more if I redeem for an Amazon gift card? At this point I just don't want to be turned away again at Walgreens or argue with the cashier and I don't want to drive 15 miles to one I know will exchange them for gift cards as well. I'm willing to take the approximately 10% hit.

I'm not sure I've seen this question asked before but I was looking into just exchanging my Walgreens gift cards for cash or an Amazon gift card through a gift card reseller. Cardpool offers just over $80 in Amazon gift cards after you mail it in (free of charge). I noticed a tab on top and it said, "Need your cash fast?" or something to that extent. So I clicked on it. All it basically is was a bunch of Coinstar Kiosks listed.

I knew you could redeem your change for gift cards but didn't know you could exchange gift cards for cash. If Cardpool directs me to Coinstar, does that mean Coinstar will offer me the same amount? Anyone use Coinstar to turn in their gift cards? Will they too, offer more if I redeem for an Amazon gift card? At this point I just don't want to be turned away again at Walgreens or argue with the cashier and I don't want to drive 15 miles to one I know will exchange them for gift cards as well. I'm willing to take the approximately 10% hit.
I tried the Coinstar machine when I was trying to figure out what to do with my GS gift cards. They offered a little over 50% of the value. I thought it was ridiculous.

I tried the Coinstar machine when I was trying to figure out what to do with my GS gift cards. They offered a little over 50% of the value. I thought it was ridiculous.
:eek: Why in the world would Cardpool direct me to them then? How strange. Wonder if they're affiliated? I wish the Coinstar website would tell me how much they'll give me before I go in. It's just a few blocks but I'd rather not go if it's less than 80%.

:eek: Why in the world would Cardpool direct me to them then? How strange. Wonder if they're affiliated? I wish the Coinstar website would tell me how much they'll give me before I go in. It's just a few blocks but I'd rather not go if it's less than 80%.
I don't know. I guess they figure you pay for the convenience?

Target gave me cash, which surprised me quite a bit. I would have been just as happy with a Target GC at the time since the 5% REDCard discount when paying with a GC was still active online.
I am surprised at the cash, and that might be quite nice, although I'd be happy with either cash or Target redcard if I could use that in store to cash out for Disney gc. Thank you for responding!
Target for the cash. I believe from what others have posted that Best Buy will actually refund the money back to your eBay GC if you return something. I think the only way to circumvent that is doing an exchange instead of a return like @JKalai mentioned.
Okay, thanks Phatscott25! I like the idea of cash, otoh, as you could take that to ebay and buy gc's and get more ebucks, but I think you lose the ebucks when doing the Target return for cash. I'll probably do a return at each place, for each myself and DD26, since we have a good amount, lol.

For anyone that is stuck with ebay gift cards - I had $700 worth yesterday. I went on the Best Buy ebay store and purchased a camera for $550 at one Best Buy and a vacuum for $150 at another - both for in store pickup. I had to split my purchases because some of my cards were attached to DHs ebay/paypal account. I exchanged both for disney gift cards with no issues. I really didn't want to go this route because it seemed shady to me, but Best Buy didn't blink an eye. I'd never encourage anyone to churn like this, but if you need an exit from ebay, it's an option that worked in my area.
I had success tonight at Best Buy exchanging a phone I ordered on their eBay store for Disney gift cards, $700 worth! No problem whatsoever. Thank goodness!
Oh wow, that's so great to hear that you both had such good success purchasing thru BB on Ebay and then returning and converting into the Disney gc's! Great to hear there were no issues, either! So far, that's how my ebay and Disney gc purchases at BB had gone, so hopefully this will go as well! I'm glad to see you were able to do this with a larger item, as well, since that's my plan to have to do hopefully only 3 returns.

In store pick up is only for a select number of items. You'll have to scroll through and click through everything and it'll offer it if it's available.
When you head to the CS desk, you just ask if you could exchange the item for funds on the gift card. It's really easy. The first time I did it was during pick up (I was just plain lazy) and the second time I went back with the pick up receipt they give you. It's literally on a piece of printer paper.
It's a great way to get out, but I definitely wouldn't churn this way. It's easy to become "that person" doing this same thing repeatedly over and over.
I'm planning on waiting for the next decent promo after 9/4 (already over the 2k limit) and doing it one last time with my remaining $180 in eBay cards I have. The eBay game is done for me...

Thanks for responding! And the heads up on what to say! I went to BB on Ebay and found a laptop for $999 and see that it's for instore pick up! That would hit two $500 gc's in one return if I need to return a laptop that I realize 'isn't quite what I thought I wanted' at pick up. This is a great way to get out and I'm glad this was shared to help me and others get out of this ebay gc mess they've left us with. I've got $1000 coming up on Monday so I'll wait for a 5x after that to do that purchase.

Now, two things I'm wondering. My ebay account opens for using $1000 gc's on Sep 13th, and another $500 after the 19th. My DD26's account opens for $1000 after Aug 28th. If there were a 5x offer next week and we wanted to use her ebay account by paying with my paypal as I've often done with the churning, I'm wondering if then the receipt from BB purchase would then be in my name since that's where payment came from? I thought that the gc spending limit was tied to the ebay account only and not the paypal account. That would be easier as I'd like to do the first time we have to do this exchange, but it's her ebay account that's opening up for use.

And 2nd, the ebucks. It's be great to keep those as well, which would work with BB at least, as it sounds. I think you said you kept your ebucks so far. Maybe even with Target, if I try to do an exchange with that order, as well. Because, I'm wondering if the reason they did not take back the ebucks on the BB item is because you exchanged the item, so they still got to keep the money so no need to report back that the sale had been reversed. And also thinking that might be the reason that Marionnette had her ebucks taken back, because she got cash back so that sale was refunded.

I have to say I'm not feeling too guilty about doing an exchange at BB. As another poster pointed out this is a legitimate purchase. I'm going to spend $1000 in a transaction and they are going to give me something of that value, either way they get their money, whether for a laptop or gift cards. Not a way to churn, but I'm not seeing this as shady, either, just very helpful. Churning would eventually probably get you in trouble with limits, not sure how high those are for returns, but that seems more questionable. Hopefully I don't go over the return limit, lol!

I have to say I'm not feeling too guilty about doing an exchange at BB. As another poster pointed out this is a legitimate purchase. I'm going to spend $1000 in a transaction and they are going to give me something of that value, either way they get their money, whether for a laptop or gift cards. Not a way to churn, but I'm not seeing this as shady, either, just very helpful. Churning would eventually probably get you in trouble with limits, not sure how high those are for returns, but that seems more questionable. Hopefully I don't go over the return limit, lol!
I don't find it any sketchier than gc either but the process is tedious and managers won't like it on repeat I would think. If could move between a few BB that might call less attention.

Does anyone know if they ask for ID or what info they take from BB on a return? I have one eBay gc I'm tempted to do this with to finish out the last little bit of wdw fun money I need but I shop BB regularly and need to be in good standing with them. Also we have the same 2 guys who I think have been there since they opened and one is like the gc police and occasionally comments to me whenever I traded games or gc out and even prompted a csa to look at the rules once when I was in there.

Random does Target default 5% online still work for regular purchases when paid with gc?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if they ask for ID or what info they take from BB on a return? I have one eBay gc I'm tempted to do this with to finish out the last little bit of wdw fun money I need but I shop BB regularly and need to be in good standing with them. Also we have the same 2 guys who I think have been there since they opened and one is like the gc police and occasionally comments to me whenever I traded games or gc out and even prompted a csa to look at the rules once when I was in there.
I exchanged earlier this week at 2 different BB stores. At the first one ($550 camera, I was asked for my phone number and had to verify my identity on the screen of the card reader. At the second store ($150 vacuum), I wasn't asked for any id or phone number. Maybe has to do with the amount of the exchange or could just be random. Good luck!

@smellyia The return rules of 14 days and money back are stated right in the item's eBay page. So, for doing this once I can't see how they could take issue with you when you are following their rules. Good luck if you do this

For anyone having a smaller amount of ebay g/c to "unload" and not doing returns, the US Postal Service has an ebay shop and you can buy postage stamps (if you use them lol).

Also, in CT, this week at Stop & Shop (beginning tomorrow 8/26) you can get 5x gas rewards with purchase of Sears g/c. I've had luck using Sears at Kmart for Disney.

Well, I'm screwed for sure. I have $1700 worth of Target gift cards. Now what? We can't use them in the store for Disney gift cards, correct?
I recently purchases Southwest Gift cards with Target gift cards in store. I hope this will still work with Disney Gift Cards too.

I recently purchases Southwest Gift cards with Target gift cards in store. I hope this will still work with Disney Gift Cards too.

You definitely can still use Target GC to purchase Disney GC in store. Nothing in their system stops it. You can even do it at self-checkout so you don't have to deal with an employee getting ideas about making up policies.

For those near a Giant Eagle, can you help me remember what Giant Eagle means by 'all retailer gift cards' when they run their 20 cent deal on fuel? Can I flip Visa/Mastercard to Disney and get the 20 cent bonus twice? Or does "retailer" mean I have to buy Disney gc directly? I know I have done this before but the details are escaping me. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter