Disney Gift Card Deals

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Wanna be Ariel, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Wanna be Ariel

Wanna be Ariel DIS Veteran

I thought that maybe we could start a thread where everyone can post the deals that they are finding on Disney gift cards. I have not seen any in my area, but I would love to know if there are any around. Please post where you live, the store, and what the deal is. I know the Target 5% is the big one, but I know that some grocery stores have some too.

Thanks! This should help everyone to save a little extra :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Rapunzel

Rapunzel Mouseketeer

I bought a $50 one at Sams Club yesterday for $48.88 :) Not a HUGE savings, but it's some!

4. ValpoCory

ValpoCory DIS Veteran

There are Gift Cards threads started seemingly everyday. Search back a day or so and you'll see one at Target.

5. Wanna be Ariel

I was just trying to have one place for everyone to post so that it might make the searching a little easier for all. Plus the Target one is over now too!

DisneySisters and kiki02 like this.
  6. sorul82?

sorul82? <font color=red>I have an alibi<br><font color=lim

Some Kroger stores currently have 4x fuel rewards. Here's an example of my savings:

Purchase $50 GC and pay with my Chase card. This gets me 200 points, good for 20 cents off gas at Kroger or Shell stations. If we fill up both cars at a time, say 25 gallons, that saves $5. Until the end of June, the Chase reward is 5x for grocery stores, so that's another $2.50. $7.50 for every $50? Hopefully, my math skills are working right today.

7. sorul82?

Why is the Target one over? I thought you just use your redcard to buy the gift card to get 5% off.

Anyone know if you get 5% off any gift card at Target?

8. amshowers

amshowers DIS Veteran

Some targets were selling Disney cards at discount last week, sale over now. You can still get the 5% redcard discount on all gift cards.

9. sorul82?

oooooh, now I understand! How much of a discount?

10. Wanna be Ariel

I think they were $48.00 and then you get the 5% off too

11. heidilee2003

heidilee2003 Missing my Disney Home!

Subbing - also interested to hear about the gift card deals!! Thanks!!

12. Svenskaishockey

Svenskaishockey Earning My Ears

Sams club has $75 cards for around $74 and they include a yellow level pin

13. Safetygirl

Safetygirl Earning My Ears

Can you use a CVS gift card to purchase a Disney gift card?

14. Pea's Mom

Pea's Mom Mouseketeer

Went to BJ's yesterday. They have $50 cards for $47.99 and $100 cards for $95.99. We got several for our cruise next week :banana:

15. kydisneyfans

kydisneyfans <font color=blue>It may be because they are too em

You are correct. I figure 30 gallons for us, so we basically get $8 back in fuel discounts/rewards cash for every $50 card bought. I'll take it.

16. disneemama

disneemama Mouseketeer

Went to Giant yesterday, didn't see any signs, so figured it was not available. Well lucky me! I found 4 $25. Disney cards, decided to try anyway. I bought 2 and the $10. coupon printed out. WOO HOO, then used coupon to buy the other 2 as well as about $15. in groceries and the coupon scanned and printed out another one for my next visit. Think I will try again today, planning to book a trip for Christmas anyway. :banana: Hope they restock it.:yay:

17. juliehoey

juliehoey There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINN

:confused:What $10 coupon and what Giant? I see you are from the Philly area. I shop at Giant and would love to know because I need to stock up on our gift cards for this trip:wizard:

18. marmalade

marmalade DIS Veteran

I didn't know Bj's carried Disney gift cards. I am going to have to look this weekend when I go.

19. disneemama

disneemama Mouseketeer

@juliehoey, I do live in Philly but I shop at the Giant at Chemical Rd, in Plymouth Meeting area. There is a another one nearby on Ridge Pike but I didn't check that one. I don't know the location of any others. What area are you in?
    The $10. store coupon printed where all the other coupons are dispensed, near register.

20. juliehoey

juliehoey There's a great big beautiful tomorrow...OMDD WINN

Thanks! My parents shop at that one. I'm in Delaware County so I use the one in Springfield. That Giant in Plymouth always has way better deals than mine! I'll have my mom check it out :banana:;) I've just never had a $10 coupon print. I just got the 5% reward one last week.

21. alyssa810

alyssa810 <font color=purple>It's much more fun on the boat<

I don't think CVS around where I live have Disney gift cards, but I've used Walgreens gift cards to buy a Disney gift card at Walgreens.