DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a day where everyone goes to the beach? Or is this for a different trip? I am not sure I would be able to pull myself away from Disney, since I will probably only have 3 park days as is, lol.

mommaU4 said:
Debbie, I think we are leaning more towards the beach. (At least I know I am, lol) It's closer and would make a nice break, shop, eat lunch, etc. :sunny:

Kerri, I added you to the group on Facebook. I don't know how to add someone to the group, unless I am their "friend" on FB. :confused3

Mel, that is a LOT of shirts!!! Yikes!! :scared1:

I love the beach. :). I haven't been to Newport beach. (have only lived here a little over a year keep in mind). But I have been to seal beach and Huntington beach. They both have nice little shops and areas to walk around.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There is a day where everyone goes to the beach? Or is this for a different trip? I am not sure I would be able to pull myself away from Disney, since I will probably only have 3 park days as is, lol.

hahaha...I was thinking the same thing!!! My friends all laugh at me because I NEVER E-V-E-R go anywhere other than DL! I don't rent a car, so I have no idea how I would get around anyway. I guess I could just stay another day at the park & do a day at the beach! That could be fun! :)

Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to confuse you. Let me explain how this came about.

My pass expires in October, and I am probably not going to renew it, so I won't be doing the parks in February. Blasphemy, I know. LOL But, I grew up going to DL and have been many times, so I am okay with that. I just want to go and see my friends! So, I'll be around at the Meet and Greet, the hotel room parties that always end up happening, and any meals/drinks outside of the parks.

I also was asking if anyone was interested in taking one day away from the parks and going to one of the nearby beaches. Probably Newport. So far, a couple people have said they are interested. Katie, Chris, Melody, Theresa, Linda.... I think were some of the few who were interested at one point. I figured it would mainly be those who are local and can go to Disney anytime or those who go often. But, I certainly don't expect most ladies to want to leave the parks. I get that Disney time is precious. :rotfl2: ;)

My pass expires in October, and I am probably not going to renew it, so I won't be doing the parks in February. Blasphemy, I know. LOL But, I grew up going to DL and have been many times, so I am okay with that. I just want to go and see my friends! So, I'll be around at the Meet and Greet, the hotel room parties that always end up happening, and any meals/drinks outside of the parks.

I also was asking if anyone was interested in taking one day away from the parks and going to one of the nearby beaches. Probably Newport. So far, a couple people have said they are interested. Katie, Chris, Melody, Theresa, Linda.... I think were some of the few who were interested at one point. I figured it would mainly be those who are local and can go to Disney anytime or those who go often. But, I certainly don't expect most ladies to want to leave the parks. I get that Disney time is precious. :rotfl2: ;)

NOT going to the parks?!?! Wow...crazy!! I understanding not purchasing a new pass at the excrutiating price, but oh how sad not going!! I wonder if my friend is working that weekend....maybe we can get you in for a day or two? He works at DCA ;)

NOT going to the parks?!?! Wow...crazy!! I understanding not purchasing a new pass at the excrutiating price, but oh how sad not going!! I wonder if my friend is working that weekend....maybe we can get you in for a day or two? He works at DCA ;)

Aw, you're sweet. Thanks. It's fine, really. I've been so many times. Which is not to say I don't enjoy it. I LOVE it. But, on these trips, as long as I get to see my girls, I'm happy! :goodvibes :banana: If I change my mind, I can always get a one day ticket or something. We'll see.

But, for Saturday the beach option is open to anyone who might want a break from Disney. :faint: :p LOL

Hey Trudi!!

How are ya?

Yes, I did mention something about a color I would like to use on Facebook.:thumbsup2 Would you believe I am going to try and use "teal blue" for our background? :rotfl: :goodvibes I believe I will use Hanes again, because the price is reasonable and they come in the size ranges we need. Derrick is supposed to have my design drawn up by the end of this month. I gave him the idea that was in my head, the type of art I wanted, and what to include in the image. I can't wait to see if what I have imagined, works. LOL! As soon as I have something in concrete, and figure out how to post a pic, I will post the image.
Unless you all trust me, and be surprised. Hee hee! :rolleyes1:duck:popcorn:::faint::stir:

LOL!! :laughing:
I'm just a teasing. I know for some of you, that would be torture. I want all of you to be happy, and know what you are getting. ::yes::
I must have missed the FB post. So is teal green anything like regular teal?:rotfl: I think this past trip we all had different opinions on what teal looked like.:)
Can I just say that the list of attendees is now up to 70!!!!!!!!!!! And that's not even including the four I have yet to add. That's amazing!! Truly unbelievable. :cool1: I feel sorry for our photopass photographer during the group castle photo!!! :faint: :lmao:

70! We are going to have a blast!!!! I think we do pretty good on our group pic. We all get in place rather nicely and don't take too long to strike a pose.:thumbsup2

What ever it is. I want to be a part of it. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

Debbie, I think we are leaning more towards the beach. (At least I know I am, lol) It's closer and would make a nice break, shop, eat lunch, etc. :sunny:

Kerri, I added you to the group on Facebook. I don't know how to add someone to the group, unless I am their "friend" on FB. :confused3

Mel, that is a LOT of shirts!!! Yikes!! :scared1:

Lordy I have missed tons on this thread. I've been MIA because my life has been crazy busy lately. But at least it's mostly all good stuff :).

Oh and I'm down to do the beach on Saturday, especially if I don't renew my pass by then. I think we are going to wait to renew our passes until next fall.

Because I'm scared of heights, well not really heights so much as I'm afraid of falling. Makes no sense that I love ToT so much.....LOL

You are just like me! I don't mind heights if I feel secure, but if I feel like I'm going to fall, I freeze with fear! I hate the swinging gondolas but love TOT. Believe it or not Cliff talked me into doing the swinging gondolas this past weekend, but since I was a wee bit tipsy it was only moderately terrifying ;).

I had a great adult's only trip to Disneyland this past weekend and it was beyond fabulous. The weather was mild, the crowds were low and I got to spend the weekend with a great guy :lovestruc. Plus I got to finally ride Radiator Springs Racers with out too long of a wait. But I still think TOT is my fav ride at DCA. Here's one of the pics we took on the ride:

185551_3128483751248_1818615384_n-1.jpg

You're not coming in the parks??? :( But what about the group photos???

You'll still have so much fun :goodvibes
I kind of wish DLR felt more like WDW in the sense of being in the resort area. There is so much Disney stuff to do while not having to be in a park.
This might be an actual relaxing vacation for you! Those seem to never work out for me or my family :lmao:

Lordy I have missed tons on this thread. I've been MIA because my life has been crazy busy lately. But at least it's mostly all good stuff :).

Oh and I'm down to do the beach on Saturday, especially if I don't renew my pass by then. I think we are going to wait to renew our passes until next fall.

You are just like me! I don't mind heights if I feel secure, but if I feel like I'm going to fall, I freeze with fear! I hate the swinging gondolas but love TOT. Believe it or not Cliff talked me into doing the swinging gondolas this past weekend, but since I was a wee bit tipsy it was only moderately terrifying ;).

I had a great adult's only trip to Disneyland this past weekend and it was beyond fabulous. The weather was mild, the crowds were low and I got to spend the weekend with a great guy :lovestruc. Plus I got to finally ride Radiator Springs Racers with out too long of a wait. But I still think TOT is my fav ride at DCA. Here's one of the pics we took on the ride:

185551_3128483751248_1818615384_n-1.jpg
OKay, first off, I have to say how truly happy I am for you!! I always said the right man would come along for you, someone who treated you the way you deserved to be treated. I'm glad to see that time has finally come and you are so happy! :hug: Sounds like you had a fun weekend and I LOVE that photo. Thanks for sharing.

Second, I'm glad you're still down with a beach day! I saw that there is a Ruby's Diner out at the end of Newport Pier. That might be something to keep in mind as a fun place to eat. Just a thought. :) Balboa Island looks like it has some cute places on it as well, although I am not as familiar with those.

I haven't posted but I've been reading :)

7 days left until I'm going to WDW! :cool1:
Wow!! That's coming up fast!! I hope you have a great time. :cool1:

This link didn't work for me, either. Says "this content is currently unavailable." And I had searched for it earlier by name... and couldn't find it. Help!!!

This sounds like so much fun!!!! Now if I can just get the money part figured out!
I would add you to the group, but you have to be friends with the person before you can add them. Are you friends with anyone here on FB yet? :confused3

Just plan to come and worry about the money part later. :rolleyes1 :rotfl: Kidding.

You're not coming in the parks??? :( But what about the group photos???
Photoshop. :teeth:

You'll still have so much fun :goodvibes
I kind of wish DLR felt more like WDW in the sense of being in the resort area. There is so much Disney stuff to do while not having to be in a park.
This might be an actual relaxing vacation for you! Those seem to never work out for me or my family :lmao:
I think so. I really just want to see people. If you think about it, when we are in the parks, we are usually broken off into smaller, more manageable groups anyway. Yes, I won't be in the group photos, but that alone isn't worth the price of admission. I'll be in all the party photos for sure! With my redneck get up and beer! haha

WDW does have so much to do besides the park. You could spend days just exploring all the hotels. Especially during Christmas time when every place is decorated so beautifully.

mommaU4 said:
I would add you to the group, but you have to be friends with the person before you can add them. Are you friends with anyone here on FB yet? :confused3

Just plan to come and worry about the money part later. :rolleyes1 :rotfl: Kidding.

Photoshop. :teeth:

I am not facebook friends with anyone on this board. Bummer.

Howdy all and Happy Wednesday. Now that it's just about over. LOL
My day started at 3:40AM with our stupid alarm keypad beeping for a system low battery. Ugh. Took us several minutes to figure out WHAT was beeping and then I had to call the alarm company to MAKE. IT. STOP. LOL Of course, then I had trouble getting back to sleep. It's going to be a VERY early night here. LOL Other than that, just the same old-same old here. I lead SUCH a thrilling life.....

Morning all. Did any of you see on FB that Dream Makers is doing holiday themed in room celebrations? They have one showing for Halloween and it looks fabulous! Of course they are SO expensive and I don't think I could afford to do one anymore but still if you had the money it looks SO cool! Beth I thought of you because the halloween one is really neat. And apparently they have a christmas and a "triumph" one so I guess if you got a job or got engaged or some other celebration you could do that.

I got my package from the Disney store yesterday and it is SOOO cute. I got a yard flag and one of those little lanterns. LOVE it. Course then RIGHT after they added a 25% off for theme park merch which stunk cuz I had already bought that stuff but I was able to get a couple T-shirts for the trip! Got my grey one now. :)

Girls have back to school night tonight so min day today and then we have our 4 day weekend so looking forward to that!!

Can't wait to see Mel's shirt designs. They are always amazing!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good Morning!

Just 2 more days of work until 3 days at Disneyland and the Disneyland Half Marathon! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter