DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mel you deserve it. I hate to say it but the stuff we had before pales in comparison. Your stuff is just incredible as are you. I told you before I really admire you and everything you do! You are def an inspiration to us all!

Good luck Sarah!! Have fun and come back and post some pics or have your mom post some! Sooo wish we were doing it this year!!

Morning all. Did any of you see on FB that Dream Makers is doing holiday themed in room celebrations? They have one showing for Halloween and it looks fabulous! Of course they are SO expensive and I don't think I could afford to do one anymore but still if you had the money it looks SO cool! Beth I thought of you because the halloween one is really neat. And apparently they have a christmas and a "triumph" one so I guess if you got a job or got engaged or some other celebration you could do that.

I got my package from the Disney store yesterday and it is SOOO cute. I got a yard flag and one of those little lanterns. LOVE it. Course then RIGHT after they added a 25% off for theme park merch which stunk cuz I had already bought that stuff but I was able to get a couple T-shirts for the trip! Got my grey one now. :)

Girls have back to school night tonight so min day today and then we have our 4 day weekend so looking forward to that!!

Can't wait to see Mel's shirt designs. They are always amazing!

Hope everyone has a great day!

What is dream makers?

Lordy I have missed tons on this thread. I've been MIA because my life has been crazy busy lately. But at least it's mostly all good stuff :).

Oh and I'm down to do the beach on Saturday, especially if I don't renew my pass by then. I think we are going to wait to renew our passes until next fall.

You are just like me! I don't mind heights if I feel secure, but if I feel like I'm going to fall, I freeze with fear! I hate the swinging gondolas but love TOT. Believe it or not Cliff talked me into doing the swinging gondolas this past weekend, but since I was a wee bit tipsy it was only moderately terrifying ;).

I had a great adult's only trip to Disneyland this past weekend and it was beyond fabulous. The weather was mild, the crowds were low and I got to spend the weekend with a great guy :lovestruc. Plus I got to finally ride Radiator Springs Racers with out too long of a wait. But I still think TOT is my fav ride at DCA. Here's one of the pics we took on the ride:

185551_3128483751248_1818615384_n-1.jpg

I think you and I are going to have a great time on the Diva Trip, we have so much in common! LOL :)
But, I won't do the swinging gondolas, sorry.....they are just way too much for me. I don't like to cry while I'm at DL/DCA so I'll skip the Mickey Wheel of Death. LOL
So glad you had fun last weekend!! :)

What is dream makers?

They do in room celebrations, decorate your room and leave gifts for you to see when you check in. :)

Is it Friday yet? I am just ready for the week to be over with........lol I need to do laundry tonight *sigh* feels like it's never done....

They are a company that I think MAY be part of Disney Travel but either way they do fun stuff in your disney hotel room and possibly at the restaurants although that may just be through Dis Dinning.

But they do in room celebrations and baskets etc and they are amazing. I believe there is a post that you can search that has some examples of stuff people have done. I did one of the in room celebrations a few years back and it was SO amazing but NOT cheap. Now that I am a single mom can't afford it anymore but it was AWESOME. We got a ton of stuff and both the girls and my ex really loved the surprise.

Now they have themed ones that are at Disney World for now but I am sure they will prob come to the land eventually.

I am having them make up a basket for my daughter's birthday when we go down in Jan. :)

LOL Kerri I am with you. I LOVE Roller Coasters and TOT is one of my all time favs but that stupid wheel I don't know hardly anyone that likes it and most people are like us and call it the wheel of death LOL.

Of course I have an aversion to ALL ferris wheels. I got stuck on one at the very top at the state fair for like an hour and I was freaking out. I think the thing that scares me about the Disney one is not when it goes around but because it is constantly stopping I feel insecure like I am falling and unlike Terror or even a coaster where you have a restraint you are just free in those cages. I have only ridden it once and don't care to ever repeat. ;)

I so wish I could take advantage of some of those shipping discounts from the Disney Store site. But it does not include shipments to Canada. Also, we have to pay like $25 minimum for a shipment. At least that's what they were going to try and charge me when I tried to get something a couple months ago. It's so crappy! I want so many things off that site! Our stores don't get nearly all the cool stuff that's on that site.

Hello, ladies! :)

I am not facebook friends with anyone on this board. Bummer.
Don't worry, you won't miss anything. We have several ladies on the DIS who don't go on Facebook at all. They don't even have accounts. You won't miss anything because all the info is always posted here. Or sent out in a private message.
The only reason we even have the FB page is for those who found it too hard to get on the DIS for one reason or another.

I lead SUCH a thrilling life.....
::yes:: ;) lol

Morning all. Did any of you see on FB that Dream Makers is doing holiday themed in room celebrations? They have one showing for Halloween and it looks fabulous! Of course they are SO expensive and I don't think I could afford to do one anymore but still if you had the money it looks SO cool! Beth I thought of you because the halloween one is really neat.
Sounds cool!

Is it Friday yet? I am just ready for the week to be over with........lol I need to do laundry tonight *sigh* feels like it's never done....
This has felt like one of the longest weeks ever. :faint:

Are you feeling alright, Theresa??

I so wish I could take advantage of some of those shipping discounts from the Disney Store site. But it does not include shipments to Canada. Also, we have to pay like $25 minimum for a shipment. At least that's what they were going to try and charge me when I tried to get something a couple months ago. It's so crappy! I want so many things off that site! Our stores don't get nearly all the cool stuff that's on that site.
When it gets closer to the trip, if you see items you want, order them and have them sent to a US address. Theresa sends things to my address often and then I just bring them to give to her when I see her. I could do that for you if you want. You just have to wait until February to get the stuff! LOL

Howdy!

Katie - Love the TOT picture! Very happy to hear you had a great adults-only weekend. How were the fireworks? ;) :smokin:

Cristabel - Your trip is just around the corner! How exciting! :hyper:

Sarah, Jessica, Wendy, Jen and... ? - Good luck and have a lot of fun at the 1/2 Marathon! :yay:

Not sure I'll do the beach day yet. I'll have to think on it. I don't like to shop very much. But I do like to relax, and talk, and eat, and drink. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

When it gets closer to the trip, if you see items you want, order them and have them sent to a US address. Theresa sends things to my address often and then I just bring them to give to her when I see her. I could do that for you if you want. You just have to wait until February to get the stuff! LOL

That would be great! I will keep that idea in mind. Thanks! :)

Not sure I'll do the beach day yet. I'll have to think on it. I don't like to shop very much. But I do like to relax, and talk, and eat, and drink. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes
Keep in mind when I say shop, for myself, I mean window shop. I don't like to shop either. Remember last October, you and I stayed behind when everyone else went on to Company D. :rolleyes1

I am just not a shopper...usually. Only for very specific items. In my teens and 20's, I practically lived at the mall. For those familiar with the Glendale Galleria, that was like my second home. I knew where every store in there was, I worked at many of them over time, and I would wander the mall for hours.

When we were in Michigan, we went to the mall there, which isn't even all that big, and I just couldn't wait to get out. I realized I am no longer a shopper/mall person. :confused3 My girls don't like to shop either. Not even Noelle, my teenage daughter. She hates the mall. Better for my wallet, I guess.

That would be great! I will keep that idea in mind. Thanks! :)
Yep. :)

mommaU4 said:
Hello, ladies! :)

Don't worry, you won't miss anything. We have several ladies on the DIS who don't go on Facebook at all. They don't even have accounts. You won't miss anything because all the info is always posted here. Or sent out in a private message.
The only reason we even have the FB page is for those who found it too hard to get on the DIS for one reason or another.

::yes:: ;) lol

Sounds cool!

This has felt like one of the longest weeks ever. :faint:

Are you feeling alright, Theresa??

No Facebook here. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

They are a company that I think MAY be part of Disney Travel but either way they do fun stuff in your disney hotel room and possibly at the restaurants although that may just be through Dis Dinning.

But they do in room celebrations and baskets etc and they are amazing. I believe there is a post that you can search that has some examples of stuff people have done. I did one of the in room celebrations a few years back and it was SO amazing but NOT cheap. Now that I am a single mom can't afford it anymore but it was AWESOME. We got a ton of stuff and both the girls and my ex really loved the surprise.

Now they have themed ones that are at Disney World for now but I am sure they will prob come to the land eventually.

I am having them make up a basket for my daughter's birthday when we go down in Jan. :)

Oh my gosh! That would be so cool! We are going next June after my daughter graduates! I'll have to check it out.

Oooooh, purple is the best - the only way it would be better would be tie dye :hippie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter