Dis Dad's Geek Thread

Well I'm some where between 1/3 to 1/2 way thru it...and I can't believe that one of the characters finally...spoiler a spoiler spoiler that wasn't a spoiler. So cool the spoiler helped out spoiler at spoiler. Wonder why spoiler spoiler funny when spoiler asked about spoiler? :rolleyes1

Keeping in mind these books are written for kids...I thought Books I and II were pretty good...didn't care too much for III...so far Book IV seems to be back into form with the first 2.

Keeping in mind these books are written for kids...I thought Books I and II were pretty good...didn't care too much for III...so far Book IV seems to be back into form with the first 2.

Great....I read the first two books on vacation in April.....now I don't know if I want to read the third one! Thanks Nate!

JK... :rotfl2:

I have the third and fourth waiting for me to start them. Just haven't had much time....but I do have my Myrtle Beach trip coming soon...only 38 more days...but who's counting?

Great....I read the first two books on vacation in April.....now I don't know if I want to read the third one! Thanks Nate!

JK... :rotfl2:

I have the third and fourth waiting for me to start them. Just haven't had much time....but I do have my Myrtle Beach trip coming soon...only 38 more days...but who's counting?

Well...that's like me also saying...I didn't care too much for Episode III of Star Wars...I'll still watch it...it's just not my favorite.

Well...that's like me also saying...I didn't care too much for Episode III of Star Wars...I'll still watch it...it's just not my favorite.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

So anyone else reading Kingdom Keepers IV right now?

I'm not much of a fan of those. Read the 1st two. They just seem like slightly better written fanfics. I've read worse, and the wife likes them, which means we'll end up getting the rest some day and I'll end up reading those too. :confused3

TL

RE: Lego POTC.

Rented the X-Box version last night (along with LA Noire, review of that once I start playing). Very similar play to the other Telltale Lego Games. Lot darker (screen color) than the other games, I think due to the more "realistic" elements of the environments. Captain Jack has the appropriate ammount of swagger. So far so good, but it is buggy though. It froze up on me last night during the 2nd level, then when I went back this morning to play, it would let me get a piece needed to complete a "puzzle" and get past an obsticle (which I had gotten past the 1st playthrough before it froze). Restarted the level twice, no dice. Next time I try, if it doesn't work, I'm gonna restart my game. Good thing I'm only on the 2nd mission.

TL

Finally started Lego Star Wars III : The Clone Wars...

Got thru the opening on Genosis and the Assaj Ventress level on Christophisis.

Someone...I think maybe Ian...said that this game wasn't as good as previous releases...actually I think the Graphics are better...maybe a little dark...but good.

Gameplay however...still a learning curve here...as they don't exactly flow from the Lego Harry Potter to the SWIII. So far so good.

I'm not much of a fan of those. Read the 1st two. They just seem like slightly better written fanfics. I've read worse, and the wife likes them, which means we'll end up getting the rest some day and I'll end up reading those too. :confused3

TL

My Kids love them and I read them when they are done...I just keep in mind they a written for a young audience and take it for what it is. Book 4 is working in a bunch of new Characters...villans and heroes...not that the plot is very deep...will be interesting when they take the story to DL.

On a side note... while looking for Book IV at our local Books-a-Million DS11 was overheard by this elderly lady who said she used to work in WDW and actually knew the person that Ridley Pearson based the character Wayne off of. Said she had worked with him at Splash Mountain. DS wasn't with me at the time or I'd had pumped her for info...but he did call me at work afterward and was just giddy with excitement. DS11 future Disdad :thumbsup2

RE: Lego POTC.

Rented the X-Box version last night (along with LA Noire, review of that once I start playing). Very similar play to the other Telltale Lego Games. Lot darker (screen color) than the other games, I think due to the more "realistic" elements of the environments. Captain Jack has the appropriate ammount of swagger. So far so good, but it is buggy though. It froze up on me last night during the 2nd level, then when I went back this morning to play, it would let me get a piece needed to complete a "puzzle" and get past an obsticle (which I had gotten past the 1st playthrough before it froze). Restarted the level twice, no dice. Next time I try, if it doesn't work, I'm gonna restart my game. Good thing I'm only on the 2nd mission.

TL

Lego Harry Potter had a few of those. hang-ups.

also had an event...where I was about 96% finished with the game...and my data got wipped...finished a scene...then the next thing I know I'm watching the intro cartoon where Hagrid is delivering Harry to #4 Privet Drive. Talk about being Peanut Buttered off. :mad:

Not now, but soon. I just finished another book, and next up for me is to start reading the Kingdom Keepers series. I figure I'll wait a bit and download them for the plane rides to/from Colorado at the end of June.

What's this Kingdom Keepers thing? I'm gunna have to google these :)

What's this Kingdom Keepers thing? I'm gunna have to google these :)

Kids series about a group of teens that get transformed into Holograms to be Hosts at WDW...but with a little Disney Magic...when the kids goto sleep...they wakeup in the Parks as their Holograms...but they are not alone.

Kids series about a group of teens that get transformed into Holograms to be Hosts at WDW...but with a little Disney Magic...when the kids goto sleep...they wakeup in the Parks as their Holograms...but they are not alone.

We downloaded the first three from Audible and listened to them on the way down to Florida. I haven't read the fourth yet but My daughter just finished it. She mentioned in the end that it was set up perfectly for a fifth book.

My son's been crazy about the Kingdom Keepers series. Read the first one together, but when the next ones came in, he devoured them before we had a chance to read them together. I love to see books fire up the kids imagination so.

Checking in...

Love of all things Star Wars
Indiana Jones
the "original" BattleStar Galactica
Wii games
IPad2

picture.php

Anyone else doing this? This will be our third year. My two boys (with some guidance from Dad) have been training their Pokemon for months now.

Well, I got thru the first section of Lego PotC (only 16% completed :scared1:), it still is pretty buggy, events that are supposed to happen to allow you to progress don't always happen unless you reboot, but all the humor from the previous Lego games is there, and they do a spot on job with the characterization of Capt. Jack. I'll probably end up buying it when it gets to $20. (on a side note, between this game, the actual Lego sets, and the Cars lego sets, I really want theme park sets.:love:)

I also rented L.A. Noire and popped that in last night. Wow. I haven't got very far into it, but it's a blast! Basically take one of those CSI games and cross it with Grand Theft Auto 4, and you have LA Noire. It's a gorgeous game, wonderfully voice acted, some of the best lip syncing and facial expressions I've ever seen in a video game. Can't wait to play more. (It should be stated, as it is a Rockstar game, it may not be appropriate for kids. So far I've come across a few swears and racial slurs.)

TL

Anyone else watch the clips of Star Tours 2?

There's a few clips over on the Disney Park Blog I saw yesterday...
LINK

Cool...I like the one on Hoth. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter