Dis Dad's Geek Thread

Checking in...

Love of all things Star Wars Yep! :thumbsup2
Indiana JonesDo you have your hat? My kids hate it when I wear mine!
the "original" BattleStar GalacticaHeck Yeah!
Wii gamesI've played Epic Mickey but like Computer games better.
IPad2
You're one up on me. I still coddle my original iPad. I love the new update!

picture.php

Anyone else doing this? This will be our third year. My two boys (with some guidance from Dad) have been training their Pokemon for months now.

This reminds me... back in the day (late-1990's) I would enter the Madden National Tournament (PC version) each year. Following the 1998 tournament, the developers of the 1999 PC version of the game included a team with all of us from the tournament. So I am on a team included in the game! (PC version only.) It was back before I changed my name - so I am in there as John Fryske (see why I changed my name?). I believe I am a middle linebacker in the game - it's been a long time since I played it. But I kept that 1999 Madden PC game as a little personal 'trophy'. :woohoo:

Well, I got thru the first section of Lego PotC (only 16% completed :scared1:), it still is pretty buggy, events that are supposed to happen to allow you to progress don't always happen unless you reboot, but all the humor from the previous Lego games is there, and they do a spot on job with the characterization of Capt. Jack. I'll probably end up buying it when it gets to $20. (on a side note, between this game, the actual Lego sets, and the Cars lego sets, I really want theme park sets.:love:)

Theme Park sets would be a cool idea. I have been trying to work out the logistics of a business involving Legos... but I don't want to divulge too much and have someone (not a DISdad, of course, but a random person using Google) steal my idea.

I also rented L.A. Noire and popped that in last night. Wow. I haven't got very far into it, but it's a blast! Basically take one of those CSI games and cross it with Grand Theft Auto 4, and you have LA Noire. It's a gorgeous game, wonderfully voice acted, some of the best lip syncing and facial expressions I've ever seen in a video game. Can't wait to play more. (It should be stated, as it is a Rockstar game, it may not be appropriate for kids. So far I've come across a few swears and racial slurs.)

TL

It sounds like Red Dead Redemption, but instead of being set in the Old West - it is set in the 1940's. Which makes sense because it is the same developer. Also seems similar to Mafia and Mafia II. I can't wait to play it, but I want to finish Red Dead Redemption first. :3dglasses

Theme Park sets would be a cool idea. I have been trying to work out the logistics of a business involving Legos... but I don't want to divulge too much and have someone (not a DISdad, of course, but a random person using Google) steal my idea.

I would very much like a Cinderella's Castle or Haunted Mansion to sit next to our Hogwarts Castle and the Krusty Krab....

It sounds like Red Dead Redemption, but instead of being set in the Old West - it is set in the 1940's. Which makes sense because it is the same developer. Also seems similar to Mafia and Mafia II. I can't wait to play it, but I want to finish Red Dead Redemption first. :3dglasses

Yes, quite a bit like RDR, but the investigation is what really sets it apart. Searching for clues, interrogating witnesses/suspects, I really dig games like that. :cool2:

TL

A big "to do" list this weekend, so I'm hoping for rain. Rain = cracking open the Epic Mickey.

Anybody play Heroclix either yourself or with the kids? I haven't played since Topps dropped them, but I've signed myself for a tourney next weekend. 300 points anything goes. I have no clue on what kind of team to put together. I think I'm gonna have my tuckus handed to me. :lmao:

TL

You're one up on me. I still coddle my original iPad. I love the new update!

No I do not have the hat. I have been looking for a fedora so I might as well go with that one right? I wonder if they still sell them at the Studios?

So, did anyone else catch the “Family Guy” special send up of Star Wars VI (they titled this one: “It’s a Trap”). I’m a major Star Wars fan (they were some of the best “western” ever made) but I also like a good parody and this one didn’t disappoint.

I'll probably end up buying it when it gets to $20. (on a side note, between this game, the actual Lego sets, and the Cars lego sets, I really want theme park sets.:love:)

::yes:: I would think there would be a huge demand for theme park sets. They used to have some not-Lego models of some rides, but they didn't really look anything like the actual attractions.

Anyone else watch the clips of Star Tours 2?

:wave2: That looks awesome! I can't wait to try it out. I heard a rumor somewhere that they were going to make passports to check off all of the planets/destinations you visit. Thought that sounded like fun.

popcorn::popcorn::

So, did anyone else catch the “Family Guy” special send up of Star Wars VI (they titled this one: “It’s a Trap”). I’m a major Star Wars fan (they were some of the best “western” ever made) but I also like a good parody and this one didn’t disappoint.

Yeah, definitely better than the Empire parody, but not quite as good as the first one.

::yes:: I would think there would be a huge demand for theme park sets. They used to have some not-Lego models of some rides, but they didn't really look anything like the actual attractions.

When we went to Japan, we picked up a building set that was a model kit of Stitch, I'd even settle for some of those.....

TL

I'm intrigued, only problem is the only system I have is the Wii, and I have no idea if the platform is supported. Not to mention, I got Epic Mickey for Christmas, and have yet had time to crack it open.:confused3

At the end of the article, it mentions being on the Wii, 360, PS3, and PC.

At the end of the article, it mentions being on the Wii, 360, PS3, and PC.

Whew...and best of all, the Disney aspect will induce DW to buy it. Heck, she let me spring for a PS2 years ago so she could play Kingdom Hearts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!