• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dis Dad's Geek Thread

On Sunday, May 29th, The Science channel will run a marathon of Firefly starting at 8 am. Throw on a brown coat and settle in with this complete revisiting of this short-lived Joss Whedon sci-fi serial, kicking off with its big-screen follow-up Serenity.

On Sunday, May 29th, The Science channel will run a marathon of Firefly starting at 8 am. Throw on a brown coat and settle in with this complete revisiting of this short-lived Joss Whedon sci-fi serial, kicking off with its big-screen follow-up Serenity.

Thanks for the update :cool1:

Comic geeks like me should check out Jeff Pepper's blog post about a Disney MGM opening comic plotted out by Don Rosa! It never was completed or printed, but there's a reprint of the storyboard with script posted.

Looking through it, I was reminded of some of the cool things about MGM when it first opened. HS is still my favorite park, but it sure is different today than it was in '89!

My wife just bought me ibeats by dr. Dre. Everyones ears are different and I'm sure there are people that may not like them as well as other brands, but I love them. The bass is amazing and the highs are nice as well.

Lego POTC

OK...so I got the game for Father's Day.

Accomplishments:
1] Unlocked all "Red Hats" 20/20
2] Achieved "True Pirate" on every level. 20/20
3] Completed every level in Story mode.
4] Completed 100% the first 2 Chapters of Curse of the Black Pearl.
5] Aquired every character From Jack to Black Beard.**

**However there are about 10-12 blacked out Characters left...not sure what that's about? Make me think that there might be some Characters in the "Rides" segment...once I get that unlocked.

Game has only locked up on me once.

Lego POTC

OK...so I got the game for Father's Day.

Accomplishments:
1] Unlocked all "Red Hats" 20/20
2] Achieved "True Pirate" on every level. 20/20
3] Completed every level in Story mode.
4] Completed 100% the first 2 Chapters of Curse of the Black Pearl.
5] Aquired every character From Jack to Black Beard.**

**However there are about 10-12 blacked out Characters left...not sure what that's about? Make me think that there might be some Characters in the "Rides" segment...once I get that unlocked.

Game has only locked up on me once.

Well...I got to 100% on all levels and unlocked the "Ride" level.

It was fun...but not what I expected...does play the Ride Music. while you are playing the level. yo-ho yo-ho...a pirates life for me.

There's one Character left to unlock (Rumor has it that it is another Jack Sparrow.)

The rest of the black circles are custom characters A thru J.

Thru the game my prefered weapons of choice are:
1] Shovel
2] Guitar
3] Fish
4] Bombs
5] Black Beards Sword
6] Musketoon

It was fun...but not what I expected...does play the Ride Music. while you are playing the level. yo-ho yo-ho...a pirates life for me.

There's one Character left to unlock (Rumor has it that it is another Jack Sparrow.)

1] Shovel
2] Guitar
3] Fish
4] Bombs
5] Black Beards Sword
6] Musketoon

We had lots of lock ups. Still my favorite Lego game so far (then Star Wars, & HP, then Batman). Haven't quote finished 100% yet, but playing 3 different files (at the kids request, each wants their one chance to play with Dad.)

Finally found a good site to have comics pulled for me in time for the DC reboot. :banana: Have been wanting to get my boys into this, but there isn't a local comic store for me.

Pulling (starting at their respective #1's)

1. Justice League
2. Justice League International
3. Green Lantern
4. Green Lantern Corps
5. Batman: Dark Night

What do you guys think? My DS10 loves GL, & I've always liked JL & Batman.

1] Shovel
2] Guitar
3] Fish
4] Bombs
5] Black Beards Sword
6] Musketoon

We are still working through POTC. Took a break to play HP Years 1-4. Love the POTC, though am having a hard time finding the un lockable things.

Anybody pick up the new Justice League (#1) yesterday?

I haven't read the full thing myself, but from what I heard it's decent, but not quite the lead off to this grand new universe DC would have liked, and doesn't really justify a brand new universe, as it doesn't really break any new ground yet.

Still, I'm hoping to pick up a copy this weekend.

TL

Geek stuff:
Star Wars
Star Trek (the new movie)
Photography and PhotoShop
Computer games
PS3 games
Home theater enthusiast
iPad stuff (love my new tech tool)
Monty Python
Princess Bride
Harry Potter books
Back to the Future trilogy
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Indiana Jones movies

Well, you get the picture. :rotfl:

New to DIS Dads forum, but this is me too! All Star Trek and add some comics.

I haven't read the full thing myself, but from what I heard it's decent, but not quite the lead off to this grand new universe DC would have liked, and doesn't really justify a brand new universe, as it doesn't really break any new ground yet.

Still, I'm hoping to pick up a copy this weekend.

TL

Got a copy on iPad the other day. 4 bucks for not much of a comic. I'm going to attempt to get back into DC stuff. Started after Reborn but then couldn't afford Corps War and Flashpoint. The issue was okay, intro stuff. Love the new looks of Batman, GL, Supes and a couple others.

Got a copy on iPad the other day. 4 bucks for not much of a comic. I'm going to attempt to get back into DC stuff. Started after Reborn but then couldn't afford Corps War and Flashpoint. The issue was okay, intro stuff. Love the new looks of Batman, GL, Supes and a couple others.

Still can't find it in our local B&N. Going to try out a couple of different on-line delivery companies, hoping to get my DS's hooked like I was at their age. Just aren't comic book stores around like when I was a kid...

Still can't find it in our local B&N. Going to try out a couple of different on-line delivery companies, hoping to get my DS's hooked like I was at their age. Just aren't comic book stores around like when I was a kid...

There is only one around here and it is okay, but not suitable for kids really. You might want to check Target or Toys R Us, I have seen comics there. I think JL#1 would hook your DS's though. Really good artwork to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter