Dis Dad's Geek Thread

I fell out of line with the Superboy stories a while back... Surprised to see they're still going strong...

Hi, Let me introduce myself.

Name's Steve. Married, 2 kids.

Here's my claim to Geekdom:
Star Wars Fan but, more into Star Trek (even have a uniform)
Comic book Fan, I tend to stick to Marvel rather than DC
Avid Gamer (Team Fortress 2) and have been to many LAN Parties
I won't have a personal use computer that I haven't built myself
I Once built a full scale model of the Robot from Lost in Space (yes 7 feet tall)
I run a computer-controlled Christmas light-show every year.

Am I in?

Mostly fabricated parts by either I or members of the B9Builders Club. There's a whole community of guys who build that robot. Another group that builds R2D2.

BTW: The guy who I sold my robot to, loaned it out to a production company and it appeared on a short-lived television show called "Prototype This!"

Mostly fabricated parts by either I or members of the B9Builders Club. There's a whole community of guys who build that robot. Another group that builds R2D2.

BTW: The guy who I sold my robot to, loaned it out to a production company and it appeared on a short-lived television show called "Prototype This!"

I can get an R2 model Astromech droid?

I dunno if this makes me geeky or not, but almost 100% of my media collection is all digital. Cds are pretty much gone. Most movies are now digital. Just started working on books. I'm lovin my appleTV.

I dunno if this makes me geeky or not, but almost 100% of my media collection is all digital. Cds are pretty much gone. Most movies are now digital. Just started working on books. I'm lovin my appleTV.

I just got the Air Video app for my iPad and put the server software on my Win7 box. Now I can stream my digital media to the iPad. It would have been better if iPad could just use DLNA instead, but this works.

My Geek credentials:

The Personal -
Star Trek and Star Wars fan
Grew up as an avid reader of Science Fiction especially Asimov and Heinlein
Comic Book fan (particularly fond of Frank Miller's Batman)

The Professional -
I'm a professional geek responsible for End User Computing and Mobile Device Infrastructure Architecture for a global company. I get paid to play with an iPad...seriously :)

My Geek credentials:

The Personal -
Star Trek and Star Wars fan
Grew up as an avid reader of Science Fiction especially Asimov and Heinlein
Comic Book fan (particularly fond of Frank Miller's Batman)

The Professional -
I'm a professional geek responsible for End User Computing and Mobile Device Infrastructure Architecture for a global company. I get paid to play with an iPad...seriously :)

Lazarus Long rocks.

So anyone else reading Kingdom Keepers IV right now?

Not now, but soon. I just finished another book, and next up for me is to start reading the Kingdom Keepers series. I figure I'll wait a bit and download them for the plane rides to/from Colorado at the end of June.

So anyone else reading Kingdom Keepers IV right now?

Not now, but soon. I just finished another book, and next up for me is to start reading the Kingdom Keepers series. I figure I'll wait a bit and download them for the plane rides to/from Colorado at the end of June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter