Dis Dads Convention

What would be a good date for a long weekend convention?

• September 2012

• November 2012

• January 2013

• March 2013

• May 2013

• Summer 2013

• Don't care when, I'll be there!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Actually when I told my DW about the idea, she kinda hesitated and was a little jealous of the idea of me going alone.

"I guess if it's just the guys"

I still think she'd like to go too - so we'll see.

I think Randall may have started something here..I think we should try and have all nemesises share the same rooms. We can pair them up in the buddy system for :thumbsup2the trip.

I just had the Nemesis song pop into my head and visions of DIS Dads skipping joyfully through the parks while wearing Mickey hats and waving to all the guests... :lmao::lmao:

I just had the Nemesis song pop into my head and visions of DIS Dads skipping joyfully through the parks while wearing Mickey hats and waving to all the guests... :lmao::lmao:

Just like the opening to Laverne and Shirley, but with middle aged men.
Nothing creepy about that!

I just had the Nemesis song pop into my head and visions of DIS Dads skipping hand in hand joyfully through the parks while wearing Mickey hats and waving to all the guests... :lmao::lmao:

Modified to add flavor... :rotfl2::rotfl2: I think Tim may have just tasted a little bile in his mouth...

way to far down on the list,lets bump this up a bit.

How long do we want to keep the polls open before we try to nail down a smaller time frame?

Part of the problem is that we're talking about 2013, and there isn't any Disney booking information available for 2013 yet. I think we do have it boiled down to January or March 2013. I'm pushing toward January personally, because after the first week in March we hit Spring Break pricing (even though it won't be Spring Break for everyone's family at the same time). One of the things that is leading us to January is marathon weekend, because we have several runners. But we also don't have any information yet on when 2013 marathon weekend will be yet - just some speculation.

Part of the problem is that we're talking about 2013, and there isn't any Disney booking information available for 2013 yet. I think we do have it boiled down to January or March 2013. I'm pushing toward January personally, because after the first week in March we hit Spring Break pricing (even though it won't be Spring Break for everyone's family at the same time). One of the things that is leading us to January is marathon weekend, because we have several runners. But we also don't have any information yet on when 2013 marathon weekend will be yet - just some speculation.

We may also either want to avoid or hit MLK long weekend (for crowds! or to get more attendance)

We may also either want to avoid or hit MLK long weekend (for crowds! or to get more attendance)

Very true! Will the MK Fantasyland expansion be complete by this time?

Much of the expansion will be open by January 2013, but the Mine Train probably won't open until Fall 2013, at the earliest.

My own inclination is to stay away from MLK weekend. Crowd level estimates are 8s and 9s, and travel costs go up for the holiday weekend. I'd rather try to keep costs down a bit and try to work with Marathon Weekend (even if resort pricing is the same for Marathon and MLK weekends, gas prices and airline fares will spike for the holiday weekend).

Much of the expansion will be open by January 2013, but the Mine Train probably won't open until Fall 2013, at the earliest.

My own inclination is to stay away from MLK weekend. Crowd level estimates are 8s and 9s, and travel costs go up for the holiday weekend. I'd rather try to keep costs down a bit and try to work with Marathon Weekend (even if resort pricing is the same for Marathon and MLK weekends, gas prices and airline fares will spike for the holiday weekend).

I agree. I think if we can keep the other costs lower, but make it more beneficial to attend we should have a pretty good turn out.

Doc, what was the last total you came up with for definities and maybe's?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter