Dis Dads Convention

What would be a good date for a long weekend convention?

• September 2012

• November 2012

• January 2013

• March 2013

• May 2013

• Summer 2013

• Don't care when, I'll be there!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great Daniel! It's tentatively looking like January 2013 based on the vote count.

Are we looking at the weekend after Marathon weekend? It's the 20th anniversary of the Marathon so there will likely already be a handful of dads down there for that.

Are we looking at the weekend after Marathon weekend? It's the 20th anniversary of the Marathon so there will likely already be a handful of dads down there for that.

If you're running, will you have time to hang with the Dads?

If you're running, will you have time to hang with the Dads?

Right now people are guessing 2013 Marathon weekend will be January 10-13th so there could be weekends in January both before and after the MW.

The races start before six. Last year I think I was ready to head back to the parks by 10 or 11 am on Saturday after the half. I think it'd be late morning or mid afternoon before most people would be available after the half.

I was wondering if DDC was going to be scheduled the weekend that follows the Marathon. I don't know if it would be easier for dads that are running to set up an 8 or 9 day trip with the marathon the first weekend and the convention the following weekend.

Right now people are guessing 2013 Marathon weekend will be January 10-13th so there could be weekends in January both before and after the MW.

The races start before six. Last year I think I was ready to head back to the parks by 10 or 11 am on Saturday after the half. I think it'd be late morning or mid afternoon before most people would be available after the half.

I was wondering if DDC was going to be scheduled the weekend that follows the Marathon. I don't know if it would be easier for dads that are running to set up an 8 or 9 day trip with the marathon the first weekend and the convention the following weekend.

Hmmmmm. Next year's calendar is kind of tricky. If the marathon is the weekend of the 10th-13th, the next weekend is the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend, and the Saturday/Sunday of MLK weekend hits 8's and 9's on the Touring Plans crowd calendar.

But if we waited until the crowds subside again and do the 24th-28th, that would probably count out our runners. Crowd levels really aren't bad during Marathon Weekend itself. The only question is whether our runners would end up excluded from too much of our activites, because they're on a training schedule and/or recovering from running.

Hmmmmm. Next year's calendar is kind of tricky. If the marathon is the weekend of the 10th-13th, the next weekend is the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday weekend, and the Saturday/Sunday of MLK weekend hits 8's and 9's on the Touring Plans crowd calendar.

But if we waited until the crowds subside again and do the 24th-28th, that would probably count out our runners. Crowd levels really aren't bad during Marathon Weekend itself. The only question is whether our runners would end up excluded from too much of our activites, because they're on a training schedule and/or recovering from running.

I think it would be interesting to poll the people that might be running. My guess is that people running that half probably wouldn't be very limited at all.
The full takes more time and those people may need more time running. Its actually good to be up and walking around after a race so I doubt many runners would just head back to their room and call it a day post race. I wound up walking 13 miles in the parks in the afternoon after the half marathon last year.

I probably wouldn't drink around the world before the night before a full marathon, but I wouldn't do that anyway.

Given that the Marathon is a week later next year I think that will make the crowds even less.

again falling to low on the charts. I am ready!! I want to book now!!! I am like a little kid cant wait.... I am looking into several different options for this.one of them includes me getting a two bedroom villa or a tree house villa.This would give us a place to do some meet ups . Plus it will give us a place to cook the pork roll/ bacon.

again falling to low on the charts. I am ready!! I want to book now!!! I am like a little kid cant wait.... I am looking into several different options for this.one of them includes me getting a two bedroom villa of a tree house villa.This would give us a place to do some meet ups . Plus it will give us a place to cook the pork roll/ bacon.

Carl's excited! Look at his signature....he needs a trip ticker to put there! :rotfl2:

I'll take a run (pun fully intended) at some Marathon Weekend numbers. I can do a VERY rough estimate, based on this year's Marathon Weekend rates. I'll also check with my group sales contact and see whether group sales are available during Marathon Weekend.

Ryan - do you know offhand which resorts are the usual ones that offer race transportation?

again falling to low on the charts. I am ready!! I want to book now!!! I am like a little kid cant wait.... I am looking into several different options for this.one of them includes me getting a two bedroom villa or a tree house villa.This would give us a place to do some meet ups . Plus it will give us a place to cook the pork roll/ bacon.

Oooh we could have a breakfast meat buffet :thumbsup2

Maybe meats from around the world, kosher options, and of course washed down with Dole Whips :thumbsup2

I'll take a run (pun fully intended) at some Marathon Weekend numbers. I can do a VERY rough estimate, based on this year's Marathon Weekend rates. I'll also check with my group sales contact and see whether group sales are available during Marathon Weekend.

Ryan - do you know offhand which resorts are the usual ones that offer race transportation?

Marathon weekend is big enough that all the resorts offer transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts