Dis Dads Convention

What would be a good date for a long weekend convention?

• September 2012

• November 2012

• January 2013

• March 2013

• May 2013

• Summer 2013

• Don't care when, I'll be there!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I thought you were thinking about marathon weekend next year.

A quick trip for marathon weekend hasn't been ruled out yet. It depends on how my training goes, what what the joint finance committee (My wife and the credit card statement) says.

We had tentatively planned a trip for this March, but with little Ryder coming this spring, we had to postpone. We did a rebooking onboard the Dream in November to get the discount, and decided to do a land/sea in March 2013, during the kids' spring break.

so what do you guys think of possibly getting a tree house for this trip???? I just thought it would e cool to have some extra room to socialize in after hrs.

A treehouse would be very cool - but pricey. I just looked at one for a client for a week off-season, and IIRC it was about $7,000.

i may use some dvc points. I think its like 30+ points a night. Depends on how many nights we want to do

We stayed in a Treehouse last December on DVC points. I don't recall exactly how many it was, but I'm pretty sure it tapped out close to 2 years worth of our points. Totally worth it, though - those places are awesome!

so what do you guys think of possibly getting a tree house for this trip???? I just thought it would e cool to have some extra room to socialize in after hrs.

A treehouse would be very cool - but pricey. I just looked at one for a client for a week off-season, and IIRC it was about $7,000.

I would contribute points for that. Current point chart for the times we are looking at are 69 Sun-Thu and 78 for Fri-Sat.

We stayed in a Treehouse last December on DVC points. I don't recall exactly how many it was, but I'm pretty sure it tapped out close to 2 years worth of our points. Totally worth it, though - those places are awesome!

OH YEAH THEY ARE!!

I LOVE the treehouses, and can't wait to stay in one again. We stayed in 2010, and it was so awesome. So completely sweet.

They sleep 9 for a family... but not for a bunch of guys. 2 queen beds, 1 sleeper couch, 1 sleeper chair and 2 bunk beds. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms - flat screen in each room, including the living room. Great dining table. Charcoal grill at the bottom of the steps of every single unit. And an awesome deck too.

There are only 60 of them - and CRO only has 3 the rest being for DVC members - and the demand is HIGH. I tried pricing one out for a potential client, but there was no availability, which didn't surprise me - of course the timeframe she was looking at was just about the worst time of year to try for one anyway (Christmas week).

The Cabins at the Fort could be another good option for hang around space, and easier to secure on a cash basis.

OH YEAH THEY ARE!!

I LOVE the treehouses, and can't wait to stay in one again. We stayed in 2010, and it was so awesome. So completely sweet.

They sleep 9 for a family... but not for a bunch of guys. 2 queen beds, 1 sleeper couch, 1 sleeper chair and 2 bunk beds. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms - flat screen in each room, including the living room. Great dining table. Charcoal grill at the bottom of the steps of every single unit. And an awesome deck too.

There are only 60 of them - and CRO only has 3 the rest being for DVC members - and the demand is HIGH. I tried pricing one out for a potential client, but there was no availability, which didn't surprise me - of course the timeframe she was looking at was just about the worst time of year to try for one anyway (Christmas week).

The Cabins at the Fort could be another good option for hang around space, and easier to secure on a cash basis.

The cabins also have pretty decent kitchens so Carl can get his bacon, bacon-nator or porkapotamus fix on.

The cabins also have pretty decent kitchens so Carl can get his bacon, bacon-nator or porkapotamus fix on.

come on be honest.... whats better then waking up in the morning and having the smell of breakfast meats in the air:confused3:confused3

I am easy I dont care where we stay I can work with what ever we decide to do. As long as you dont try and make me share a room with Randall:lmao::rotfl2:

come on be honest.... whats better then waking up in the morning and having the smell of breakfast meats in the air:confused3:confused3

I am easy I dont care where we stay I can work with what ever we decide to do. As long as I can share a room with Randall and buy all his drinks:lmao::rotfl2:

Why Thanks Carl, that's so sweet. :thumbsup2

I'm still working on DW for this trip. She can't seem to get past the idea of me being at WDW without her :lmao:

I'm still working on DW for this trip. She can't seem to get past the idea of me being at WDW without her :lmao:

So bring her along, with the understanding that you'll be heading off with the guys for about 1/2 the trip. :cool1:

Don this is pretty funny. I've been re-reading DDC 1 and you had a post about how your DW didn't get Disney! :rotfl2:

:lmao::lmao: I have almost completely converted her! She CLAIMS this last trip in December was MY Christmas present... but you should have seen her face when she saw all the lights on the castle. She had a little tear in the corner of her eye... and she says "it's like a million diamonds dripping off the side of the castle..." Yeah... she's hooked :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter