December 7, 2013 - Winter Fantasy Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats nice to look forward to...takes away the cruise-let down....

I'm trying to figure out how to juggle being there when my daughter has her baby in November and doing the cruise. I'm thinking I need to be there for the birth, as her husband will be on deployment and I will need at least 2 weeks to spend with here, to make sure she is ok and can handle things by herself....then the cruise falls into that time frame....Not sure they will let me take 3 weeks in a row off....I may have to do a FMLA for a couple of weeks??

Well I am leaving in 2 weeks to go visit them, so I'm sure I will get more info then.

Have a good day

:banana:

Yikes! Quite a balancing act! but think of the joy at the center! :goodvibes

Check into FMLA, when my son was 2 weeks old he had to go to the hospital he ended up being in Children's Mercy for almost 2 weeks. DH already used maternity leave, was back at work for 2 days before our son got sick. FMLA had him use up all of his vacation time before helping him. AHH it was a stressful situation dealing with his work...

OH when my father passed away, I was executrix of his estate. Problem...I am in Virginia and he lived in Georgia. my siblings were no assistance at all. I would ask them to be my legs on something. nah...so I was making a lot of flying trips home.

my leave really took a hit, especially when right in the middle of this my husband busts his heel on his right foot and couldn't drive, so I became chauffer to him and all his appts....:rolleyes2

I am used to checking in on the FB more so then this one but thought i would come in and get caught up.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Just home from 10 days on the Grand Princess to the Mexican Riviera. Had a great time but was disappointed in some of the conditions on the ship. Things were somewhat shabby and not that long after a big dry dock. Not that we can plan for weather but it wasn't the greatest. The water in Cabo was pretty darn cold still--burrrr! Met some great folks though and it was nice to be able to drive to the port :)

Evening al:

Not much going on here...just finished dinner and cleaning up that mess.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.....

Angie, gland you had a nice cruise. My one sister is on princess now doing a panama canel 16 days cruise, it left on April 1st...then my other sister is going on princess in July and doing an Alaska cruise. So hopefully their ships are/will be in better repair.

Just waiting for some warmer weather....a lot of rain and very damp here...but I am glad were not getting the snow Minnesota is getting:crazy2:

Have a good evening
:beach:

Just home from 10 days on the Grand Princess to the Mexican Riviera. Had a great time but was disappointed in some of the conditions on the ship. Things were somewhat shabby and not that long after a big dry dock. Not that we can plan for weather but it wasn't the greatest. The water in Cabo was pretty darn cold still--burrrr! Met some great folks though and it was nice to be able to drive to the port :)

Welcome home :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We finally have had some rain and it's cool and windy :)

I spent yesterday in my pyjamas until I took DS to football training at 4.30 then we had leek, potato and bacon soup that I'd been simmering all day.

Today DS has a chiro appointment then we come home and I get my pjs back on :) it's that kind of weather. I'm also making a list of all the important things I still need to do for our holiday plus tidy up my planning folder and chuck out stuff I don't need to have anymore. At 6am i called RCI to waitlist for some timeshare accom in NYC.

It's Friday :). Have a great weekend everyone :)

My first tournament is here... Looking for some magic that weather stays good and attendance is up...

We finally have had some rain and it's cool and windy :)

I spent yesterday in my pyjamas until I took DS to football training at 4.30 then we had leek, potato and bacon soup that I'd been simmering all day.

Today DS has a chiro appointment then we come home and I get my pjs back on :) it's that kind of weather. I'm also making a list of all the important things I still need to do for our holiday plus tidy up my planning folder and chuck out stuff I don't need to have anymore. At 6am i called RCI to waitlist for some timeshare accom in NYC.

It's Friday :). Have a great weekend everyone :)

Guess you're starting to get some fall weather after that long hot summer!

Guess what? It got warm again today :)

Guess what??? we had some snow flurries today.....its cold and windy here today...back to winter jackets...
tomorrow we are supposed to be almost 70 out :confused3:confused3

Just some wonderful Chicago weather....;)

I just wish I hadn't brought some of the cool Chicago weather when I went to the world a couple of weeks ago.

At least the sun is out now! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter